Restructuring The National Team- Position by Position

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Otaku, Oct 16, 2013.

1. jcwkings

jcwkings Member+

Feb 26, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Chaco tried to make things happen, Gullit made things happen, Aquino and Gio were pedestrian, didn't want the ball, didn't try anything distinct.

2. mrfutbol

mrfutbol Member+

Apr 6, 2008
    Pena is pretty solid in the midfield. He steals the ball, then he sets up passes to other players. I like those passes he sets up in the middle of the field to the strikers. That kind of style of play was not used by Chepo de La Torre or he doesn't know how.

In Chepo's offense, all he did was have players streak down the sides and then cross it towards the goal hoping that someone would hit it in for a goal.

Vucetich style is more diverse and there were clearly nice passes and break aways but the players screwed up in not making a goal.

icybauer, Dr. Deplorable and LGRod repped this.
  3. austin23

austin23 Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    1) Pablo Barrera needs to replace Aquino.
    2) Despite all the hate, Arce is a decent pace setter. He is not Pardo but Him and Pena could do wonders.
    3) Ochoa and Corona are tremendous GK's. But personally I feel safer with Corona at the post.
    4) Torres Nilo ain't cutting it. Speed wise he was getting burned all night. Might go with Darwin Chavez
    5) Reyes-Mier or Reyes-Moreno or Mier Moreno for CB's
    6) Rafa need to be moved to DM position. Rafa, Pena, Arce or Rafa, Pena Herrera
    7) San Borgetti need to be an assistant coach. He could teach all these mofos how to actually finish and put minnows in their repective places.

End Rant

4. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    dou you look good a pairing at midfield between Herrera and Gullit Peña? both do the same task in their clubs but could they work fine together?

5. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    I think people are forgetting how his inability to put away sitters and bury teams by not missing penalties is what is hurting us.

Raul bailed him out when he screwed up the penalty against Panama. If he made that Penalty we would have buried Panama right there and now but we need a miraculous goal to pull off the win that Chicharito should have done before.

Against Costa Rica he messed up two fkn sitter that would have changed the game completely. Oribe gave him a sitter and he fuks it up and Costa Rica punishes us right after. Then he get bailed out by Peralta when he fluffs that one on one that he should have finished. Javier is a poacher and a finisher right now he has been doing nothing but fkn up sitters and forgiving teams by not burying chances. He is a huge liability and pretending that his lack of playing time has not effected his form is retarded.

I swear that people need to stop being so fuking retarded. Once a player loses his mobility and becomes a liability at their natural positions moving them to DM is not going to miraculously restore their lost youth. Lets just play him and fuking Salcido as DMs now that father time robbed them of their speed and athleticism. Like being a DM doesn't require mobility and stamina. :eek:

Rafa, Salcido, and Torrado need to GTFO:thumbsdown:

6. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    it would be interesting considering that both of those like to join the attack and our backline is defensively challenged.

you could try and play a 3 man DM midfield with only one forward and it might work.
    ---RB----------CB----------CB----------LB
    -------------------Chaton--------------------
    -------------Herrera-------Gullit-------------
    ------Gio------------------------------Fabian---
    ----------------------Peralta---------------------

It would require a lot of discipline on their part and you would need a pure destroy out there that knows how to tactically foul when teams take advantage of both Herrera and Gullits tendency to constantly bomb forward.

Sleepy Spaceman repped this.
  7. tinieblas01

tinieblas01 Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Florida by way of Tx
    Club:
    Club América
    Every bad result in this hex has followed the same script:

Incredible misses in attack to put the team ahead.
    Bad/stupid giveaways or dispossessions in the mid leading to counter attacks.
    Horrendous mistakes in defense or defenders losing their marks.
    Our trusted goalkeepers making uncharacteristic mistakes.

It's a little simplistic to say that Hernandez alone is the root of all problems.

8. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    ROFLMFAO an incredible miss that puts us ahead:rolleyes:. This is called cognitive dissonance and turns people into raving retards that creates an alternate universe where misses are as good as goals made.

I swear that Mexicans love their strawmen. Wow, stating the obvious that Chicharito has been playing like shit by fluffing every single goal scoring chance post the japan victory is equivalent to stating the moronic that he "Alone is the root of all problems."

People need to stop with the retarded creation of strawmen when people criticize your favorite player:thumbsdown:

9. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    Reading comprehension brah, do you even? Cuz thats not what hes saying at all

10. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    Help me out here exactly how are you supposed to interpret this as not being completely moronic?

Exactly when did i put all the blame on Javier?

Pointing out the obvious that Chicharito's inability to finish is a huge liability is not equivalent to calling him Chepo 2.0. He is out of form and if he was anyone else he would have been benched a long time ago.

Peralta, Raul, and the US have all bailed him out from being eviscerated for failing to put away teams by not fkning up sitters.

I don't get how people nut ride so shamelessly. I'm quite aware that you are a chicharito nutrider so don't even pretend otherwise.

11. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Only thing imma restructure is @Otaku 's face. Punch by Punch.

12. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    He's stating that the bad results are due to certain reasons, one of them being we have missed goals that WOULD HAVE put us in the lead... he isn't saying anything that because of Chicharito's misses we scored and went ahead in the game... capisci?

13. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    One word DENIAL:eek:

Wow, the Chicharito defense is getting ridiculous. His whole post is a response to mine stating that Chicharito is a liability with his inability to kill off teams by not fluffing sitters. He tries the retarded lets make up a stupid strawman that i'm blaming the whole suckitude of the team on him. He can't argue that Chicharito isn't a liability so he creates the whole you are blaming everything on Javier bs.

I find it amusing that you doing the exact thing, the denial is strong in both of you.

Lol, the bolded part is rich, Exactly who has been missing those goals? I find it laughable that you are spreading the blame for fluffing goal scoring chances. Chicharito's failure to bury teams is a massive liability and its insane to deny the obvious.

14. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #64 LGRod, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    Bielsa style 3313 (even though we won't get him :cry:)
    Gio------CH14------Vela
    ----------Fabian--------------
    Chaton----Herrera-----JDS
    Moreno---Reyes-------Mier

15. El_Pozolero_Mex

Apr 17, 2012
    Club:
    Club América
    Have to recognise that Chicharito not getting playing time at United is killer for him. It directly affects the national team. Same thing happening with Kagawa at Japan. It's too bad.

16. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You can't rebuild something if there is no materials to work with...

17. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    No seas PENDEJO y lee lo que te estamos escribiendo!

18. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    now we know el piojo will take the NT i can imagine a perfect lineup:
    -----------------—ochoa—-------------
    -----------------moreno--—-----------
    -----mierda---------------reyes------
    layun---------herrera-----guardado
    lobos------------vela--------------gio
    -----—-------------oribe---------------

19. icybauer

icybauer Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Assuming Vela gets called and accepts...

That's not going to happen.

20. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chic does not need to be called up, or any player that plays in Europe thats not playing enough min, #********thehype

21. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So you want Raul Jimenez to take his spot?

LOL fack the hype eh?

22. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

[​IMG]

Talisman and Colima24 repped this.
  23. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    [​IMG]
    Thats my gif @_@

24. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    To a certain extent we have to realize that we are short in some positions in a way we haven't been in the past. I was really looking for Torres Nilo to take that LB spot and never see Salcido again. He was getting burned on the left and didn't have a good defensive showing. He also didn't offer much in the attack, something I can overlook if he had held his ground on the defense side. The only viable options I see at LB now are Guardado, Salcido, and anyone else we may have overlooked. I know Layun plays LB at America so he may be an option as well.

At CB is has to be out of Reyes, Moreno, Mier, or Rafa. I see no other viable options

at RB I have no real answers. We have tried Meza, Flores, Mier, and Layun. None seemed be able to hold their side down.

one thing I will say though is I don't remember in the past the RBs and LBs pushing so far up the field on almost every play. I remember Salcido and Osorio would go up every once in a while but I don't remember them being constantly running all the way up the wings or is it just me?

25. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

[​IMG]

ceezmad, Talisman and MX92 repped this.