Rest of the World Football v9.1 [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Aug 30, 2009.

1. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Haven't watched it yet, but was also wondering why the title was in English.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never mind, announced for the dome in St. Louis

4. AdamRS

AdamRS Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Johnson County, KS
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why must you toy with my emotions like this?? On that note, I'm not sure why it would be played in KCMO, I can't imagine it being played anywhere but Sporting Park if it's in KC. Yes, there's Arrowhead, but has there been a pro soccer match there since we re-branded?

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if neither team had wanted to play on turf or in the dome, KC is the closest market to the large Bosnian population in St. Louis, because the Cardinals are in town that day.

No there's not been a game at Arrowhead since the rebranding, but Heineman has hinted at playing a big game there before.

6. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'm happy that ESPN decided to hire Jon Champion to be a play-by-play announcer for the World Cup. I think that he does a fantastic job. I love watching any EPL match that he calls. He can go several seconds without saying anything except for saying the last name of the player with the ball. He never gets over-excited. He's doing the Aston Villa vs. Stoke game this morning.

7. Kot Matroskin

Kot Matroskin Member+

Aug 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    #2507 Kot Matroskin, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    I couldn't agree more. Jon Champion is one of the best in my book, and it's primarily like you say, because he doesn't feel the need to fill every moment with chatter -- he lets the game breathe. But, when something truly crucial happens, he turns up the intensity appropriately.

Hopefully, they don't give him stupid direction like, "Americans hate silence, so don't stop talking."

8. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As opposed to Ray Hudson. His apoplectic hyperbolae got old after about a minute during the El Classico earlier today.

9. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nah, Ray makes me giggle. I find myself appreciating all the Bein commentators.

10. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bad officiating happens everywhere. I know people (understandably) love to bash MLS refs, but super soft and gullible Spanish refs constantly ruin big Liga fixtures. The 1st half of today's Classico was awesome, but the ref lost control of the game in the 2nd. Once he gave a PK for CR7's clear dive in the 55th, I knew the favor would be returned. Neymar totally exaggerated the contact Sergio Ramos made. He was the last man back and it was a goal scoring opportunity, though. If it's a foul, it's a red. The 2nd PK call was correct, but it's almost impossible to hold Barca for 30+ mins, when you're a man down.

As it stands, we're at:
    Atletico 70
    Real 70
    Barca 69

Basically 9 finals left for all 3 teams. Considering Atletico and Barca play each other on the last day, the finish could be crazy.

11. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I thought all PK calls were correct. But they were certainly all looking for the fouls there. Irritating.

12. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Any time a team playing against Barca goes down a man, I turn the game off. Gets way too boring after that... I prefer open games.

13. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well... looking at this, it seems Neymar was actually tripped. It figures.

[​IMG]

14. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Definitely tripped. Also running with his feet way behind him. An honest, earnest player would just have made it to the ball and scored, but Neymar wanted the DOGSO advantage for his team.

15. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I was in the party room at Futbol Club and I thankfully couldn't hear him. I think he'd be bored with any match that didn't involve Messi or a spectacular save by Buffon.

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you didn't watch the 30for30 on Hillsborough, I suggest you watch the replay Sunday at 9 CST on ESPN2.

17. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seconded.

18. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finally got around to watching it on my DVR. Wow. Heartbreaking and infuriating.

I used to feel bad that Steve Cohen was run off the airwaves by Liverpool fans.

Now? Screw him. Hard and forever.

kopiteinkc repped this.
  19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the Scottish FA had received reports that their friendly today against Nigeria was apparently being targeted by match fixers...

This goal happened in the game (someone on my twitter said it was called back)
    http://vine.co/v/MdJ2YX32P2U

20. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Well, that's pretty clear cut then, isn't it?

21. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    stephen hawking talking about england's chances at the world cup: http://ti.me/1k2RTOd

anyone who thinks that, because of his condition, he doesn't have a sense of humor.... well, they're hilariously wrong. listen to the video before you read the little article below it, as it will spoil the best line and reduce it's comedic value.

Uppa 90 and Mdarney repped this.
  22. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sigh. first nbcnews ruined its website for the olympics (forcing me to use cnn... uggh) and now espn has ruined their soccer site for the world cup. it's supposed to be touchscreen friendly now or something. whatever. looks awful to me as an antiquated desktop user with a mouse. i guess i'll have to start looking elsewhere. any recommendations?

24. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Start using this emoticon much more often:

[​IMG]

25. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    What's this emoticon bullcrap? That's a smiley, damnit.