Rest of the World Football v9.1 [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Aug 30, 2009.

1. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just wish they would fix the field and keep it fixed for August - October....

2. Savage_Sam

Savage_Sam Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    #2477 Savage_Sam, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    An interesting start to the EPL season. Man U had a difficult opening set of games....and they have gotten off to slow starts in the recent past. I think there's a good chance someone might unseat them for the title this season...Is it plausible they could finish outside the top 4?

3. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Long season. Very surprising to see both Manchester clubs lose on the weekend.

I wouldn't write off Man U. though. They will bounce back. Could be a close run things this season though with five or six clubs starting well.

4. SportingKCFan

SportingKCFan Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    As a ManU fan, it is plausible that they could finish outside of the top 4, not so much because of their current form, but because for the first time in a long time there at least 6 serious contenders for the top 4 places.

5. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yikes, Ghana 6-1 Egypt. I wonder if another country will bring in Bob Bradley before the WC. Maybe Australia?

6. Sparks27

Sparks27 Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    #2481 Sparks27, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
    Hey guys just wanted to point out something really interesting. If you don't know Southampton is a EPL team who currently sit 3rd in the league. What's interesting to me is that Southampton plays a super aggressive high pressure system similar to Sporting in 2012.

Here's the thing though. Whats crazy is just alike Sporting, Southampton defense has been incredible. So incredible in fact they've only allowed 3 goals in 9 games! I wan't to here your opinion, is it just a fluke or is there something more?

7. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I think you just killed an English teacher

8. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did an angel get its wings?

9. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I know it's pedantic, but I just abused my mod powers and replaced all instances of "Southhampton" and "SouthHampton" with the correct version of "Southampton."

kopiteinkc and kcscsupporter repped this.
  10. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thank you. it's taken a lot for me to keep quiet. although, you should've just gone ahead and corrected everything else while you were at it.

sorry, sparks. to get to your questions, i can't say i've seen much from so'ton so far this season, so my guess is that it's more of a fluke. what's their schedule been? if they haven't had to face any of the big boys yet, that might be a reason why they're sitting so pretty so far in this young season.

11. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I edited the thread title.

12. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I had wondered about that after looking at the actual post. ;)

13. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guilty as charged. It was the visual equivalent of fingernails on a blackboard.

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm trying to understand why this isn't in the rest of the world thread.

15. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Southampton have had an excellent start. But it is only 9 matches into the season. They did beat Liverpool away and drew away to Man U. Check back in another six weeks after they have played Arsenal and Chelsea away in back to back weeks. I think they will finish in the top ten with an outside change of a Europa League place.

They are benefiting from a much more open Premier League this year and they play good attacking football. Their downfall? They don't score enough and rely too heavily on Lambert.

Lovren has been an excellent addition in the back and really shored up their back four. Should be interesting to watch them the rest of this season.

16. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I was wondering the same thing... let's move it.

17. Sparks27

Sparks27 Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    My bad for the errors I must of been super tired or unfocused or whatever. But why I meant to ask Is it just a fluke that both sporting and Southampton have similar play styles and same results defensively? Or is it that high pressure is more of a power and force defensively than we may think?

18. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    again, i think you're jumping the gun a bit. like kopite said, it's only 9 games into the season. two teams is also a ridiculously small sample size. i'm sure there's plenty of other teams that play a high press. aside from that, you can't just cherry pick two teams that are doing well and then point your finger at the one similarity between the two teams as the reason.

19. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Matt Doyle put a video up about succeeding with high pressure on the MLS website.

Be warned though: Portland is featured, including several highlights from our game.

20. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    My niece was named "Miss Soccer" in the state of Indiana. She's the first defender to win the state's highest award. She'll be at Marquette next year. I'm so proud of her!

Superior DNA, no doubt.

21. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, so she's from your wife's side of the family? ;)

22. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That would make more sense, but no. She's a step-niece, but I'm still claiming (unfairly) some credit. She's one good kid. Smart too.

23. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    This was sent to me by my Dutch buddy. He loves feyenoord just like we love KC (and he frequents the cauldron too). He recently moved to KC to marry his girl an recently bought a home here. He misses his dad, mom and little bro in Rotterdam. He says this video gives him goosebumps. I believe him. I can't imagine moving away from my hometown, much less across seas for good.

24. socjoc

socjoc Member

Jun 7, 2005
    ToolBox
    Wonder why this is not done with a Dutch song.

25. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is brilliant.

vividox repped this.