Alert: Report: Arsenal may play games this summer in NYC and Washington, DC

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by DaPrince84, Mar 11, 2014.

1. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We recently recruited a group of branch managers to the leadership team and they are much more IT savvy then the old guard. That's why we finally were able to get a more recent picture on the front page of arsenalamerica.com. The younger guys are really doing a great job, when we finally get the new website up, i think people will be impressed.

2. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Curious what's the answer to the question Aphex was positing, that AA members could only buy 1 ticket?

3. tundra_desert

tundra_desert Member

Feb 3, 2006
    RTP, NC - US
    an update regarding ticket allocation and number of tickets per paid membership was sent to AA members at 2pm ET this afternoon.

4. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say the email is pretty clear that you need to buy 1 Arsenal America membership for each ticket purchased.

"We worked very hard to arrange this for our members and so you need to respect that by buying one ticket per membership."

5. aphex

aphex Member

Jul 11, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Here's the update… (the terms were edited a bit):

Awesome news, and very understanding of the team...

6. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'll be honest, I'm still a little confused. So I can buy a ticket for my wife, but I need to sign her up for ArseAm simultaneously? OR I can buy for other ArseAm members? If those are the stipulations, that's great.

7. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's just say it's open to interpretation.

8. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So basically there's nothing to stop someone from buying 2, 3, 10, 20 tickets with the code. I'm not surprised because it would hard to imagine NYRB ticketing system (or AA's website for that matter) being able to handle 1000's of unique codes for each AA member.

So they just hope the code is not misused, shared with non-members, etc. Hmm, wonder how well that will be respected.

9. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can't control what people do once they get the code. We hope that they will respect their fellow members and fans by using their access responsibly. Every extra ticket that goes to a nonmember increases the chances that a member will go begging. People can let their conscience be their guide, and i'm sure most will do as asked.

aphex and KirbyNYC repped this.
  10. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    aka

[​IMG]

antifan repped this.
  11. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If everyone uses their access responsibly there should be enough tickets to go around, but like i said there are no guarantees and no telling what will happen at 10am tomorrow. Rick and Adrian have been working overtime to make this happen, so we've got our fingers crossed that everyone gets a ticket. I suspect they will go very quickly, but i also think that premium sideline seats may go to general sale at RBNY's inflated prices.

12. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are the ArseAm tickets all in one block? If so, are they up where away supporters usually are at RBA?

13. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seats for the US Supporters Clubs will be in sections 215-221, Arsenal has section 220.

KirbyNYC repped this.
  14. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aha. You mean like Arsenal (UK) is in 220 (the usual visitors section)? That leaves a ton of tickets in those other sections at that end. So are ArseAm tickets just mixed into those sections amongst other ticket holders or buyers?

15. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsenal seems to have section 220 all to themselves. I'm not really sure about the other sections, all we know is that's where our allocation is. I don't think it matters much, as I don't think many casual Red Bull fans will spend that kind of money on a friendly, and many season ticket holders will choose to sell off their seats. I imagine the stadium will be about 90% Arsenal.

16. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    God we're going to out-sing them. Even with their drums and all. Cant' wait to give the boys a proper atmosphere.

17. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just wondering if ArseAm would be all concentrated together like will happen in the official away section 220. Could be a lot of fun if that were the case. But it will be fun to hear that much Arsenal cheering & singing regardless.

The architecture of RBA makes it very loud... hopefully it won't be no stinking Library. ;)

And RBNY supporters do a very creditable job in their sections behind the goal, so I hope they turn out in numbers and we can have a properly supported football match! Next best thing to being in England?

18. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Sec 219 Row 8, Seat 38

antifan, cooper7d7 and DaPrince84 repped this.
  19. cooper7d7

cooper7d7 Member+

Feb 7, 2001
    CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sec 216 Row 8 Seat 23

COYG!!!

20. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    section 219 - looking forward to the game!!

21. louis09

louis09 Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it to late to renew my AA membership and get the code?

22. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    Get on it kiddies! LETS DO THIS!!

23. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #198 bmoregnr, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    Great start it seems, I know I am super happy; fingers crossed all good American Gooners get hooked up.

Kudos to Arsenal for looking out for us, and special kudos and congratulations to Arsenal America, Arsenal NY and all those individuals who busted their hump to make this happen.

I printed, and ate, all my previous bitchy posts.

24. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, I wonder what happened to that post I saw by WoodDraw 30 mins ago, about the Twitter rumor of AA members buying 3500 tix in 1hr? Is BigSoccer.com a Russian or Chinese company now? ;)

p.s. I'm just a curious bystander now about the pace of sales. I secured my tix last night from a season ticket holder for way below face. Phew.

WoodDraw and antifan repped this.
  25. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regardless of how many there were or how long it took, they were definitely all gone by Noon ET when I last checked.