Renuncia El Coco / Basile Quits

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by BigSoccer Bot, Oct 16, 2008.

1. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well maybe not DT , but why not like Bierhoff did for Germany and be the strikers coach??;) If anyone knew how to just freakin shoot and score it was Bati, and the man was class to boot.

2. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's something that has always intrigued me about soccer coaching. Why not use something more like American football. Offensive coordinator, Defensive coordinator, Strikers coach etc etc. I know that they already exist to a certain degree but why not define them.

Why not put your coordinators in the sky, to get a better view of how the ball is moving etc etc etc.

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, his technique was superb, both for shooting and for heading the ball. If he's a good teacher, he could pass that on to today's players.

4. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well it does excist to some extent but much more so in club futbol, so why not move it into the international arena. I was not joking with that suggestion or comment, look how well the Germans did without having the experience of playing qualifiers because they got an automatic place as host nation. Before Klinsmann and Beirhoff dou coached it could be said Germany was rather poor.

5. Bytor

Bytor Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Agreed. The 1986 and 1990 squads were really tough defensively. Bilardo built the whole team through the defense. Results: Going to the World Cup final twice in a row. Of course Maradona's role was huge (especially for the 1986 team) but the despised 1990 team had a superb defense. Simon, Batista, Serrizuela, Olarticoechea and Ruggeri were solid as a rock and physically strong defensive players... and definitely not "pretty boys". ;)

Italy won the last world cup with their defense and passive tactics. France was the other finalist and played with 1 striker and with very defensive tactics. Spain used only 1 striker in the European tournament and won. People are saying how well they played... true, but they were very defensive-minded too. I'm not saying we should play "anti-football" like Dunga's Brazil now, but I believe both Pekerman and Basile were too offensive-minded coaches. Batista is an ex-defender / defensive midfielder and I believe he could bring some balance there. This is just a "gut feeling"... so I'll keep my fingers crossed for Batista.

If I had to choose between results and entertaining offensive football, I'd pick the results every time. We have gone to 4 world cups with very offensive minded coaches and teams (with superior talent and played some beautiful football at times)... but we got ZERO results. Maybe 1998 wasn't "extremely offensive" team when we had Passarella... but maybe it's time to change the approach a bit? I think we're suffering from the same syndrome that Brazil had between 1974 - 1993: Argentina is the best and most entertaining team that never wins anything.

6. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bytor,

Where do you get the notion Spain only played with 1 striker in euro 2008, they started games with Torres and Villa both are strikers. Not only that but they played brilliant football and in my opinion they are currently the only outstanding team at international level. Just because they have a very good defence does not make them defensive.

I agree with you about Italy, in my opinion they are the worst team ever to win a world cup, but that was largely down to the nous of their manager Lippi, look how they coped when he left.

7. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Re: Renuncia El Coco

just remember that I told you first ;):D

8. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey

this team is made for Carlos Bianchi. He should have accepted the job 5 years ago but now since its open and he's willing to take it than it should be a no brainer. No one has ever gotten more out of 23 argentines on a team than Bianchi. His boca resume speaks for itself.

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

bianchi, is just for boca

10. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

NO Bianchi is just for ARGENTINOS and some Colombians that LOVE ARGENTINE CULTURE. lol

Bianchi is the epitome of the Argentino. His lunfardo phrases are legendary beginning with his tenure with Velez.

As much as I love el Virrey, I don't know if the players will play for him. Batista on the other hand has already shown that he can drive the ferrari without crashing it. (His words not mine)

11. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

What makes you think that the players wouldn't want to play for him?

12. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

well, he does not take any cr@p from anybody, and I'm sure some players have never had to do with a no bullsh*t coach in the past (maybe thats what NYC Cosmos meant)

13. Pasión_Albiceleste

May 16, 2008
    New York
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

personally i think this is exactly what this teams need...not to be babied but challenged...

14. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008

Batista and Bianchi deserve the job! seriously what have Russo done more than Simeone to deserve the job? he has like 2 tournaments in 8 yrs of coaching or so and Simeone has 2 in 2 yrs! dont understand why he's competing with Bianchi and Batista for the job!

15. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

Good lord, have you watched River lately before praising Simeone???? :eek:
    Small advice, watch more closely how Simeone's teams are playing (a hint: shit), his tactics etc etc... and trust me, after analyzing a little more seriously, it will be obvious to you that Simeone must not get the NT now.

16. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008

lool no no im not saying he should get the NT! no im saying Russo and Simeone to me are even! and Simeone has a better chance at becoming a better coach cause he's young! nothing Russo have done yet has impressed me really!

Velez championship? wasnt Castroman the MVP of the league at that time?

Boca championship? Riquelme just got back from Villareal and wanted to prove many wrong and was excited to be back at Boca!

so really those are great accomplishments but thats about it! he should have at least won 2 titles with Boca with the team he had!

but im just saying that Bianchi, Batista should be waaaaaay ahead of Russo and Simeone to take over!

17. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

Ok if we use the logic that you did to throw Russo's accomplishments out the window than I can just say that Simeone only won with Estudiantes because of a super motivated Veron (and a ********ed up LaVolpe) and won with River because of Carrizzo/Buonanotte/Ortega.

And look at Russo's non title teams, they were always up near the top. Now look at Simeone taking away those two title teams. With Racing he won 1 game out of 12 (or something like that). Estudiantes didn't do well after that title and now River is LAST place (and got beat at home vs. Chivas for the Sudamericana) not to mention the pathetic display his team had against San Lorenzo.

Basically just have a 2 minute conversation with a River fan and you'll see what I mean

18. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008

I get u i get u im telling u to me their both in the same pile! even Russo had pretty bad seasons a couple of yrs ago! but anyways Bianchi, Batista come first in my opinion!

19. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

How about San Lorenzo this year?

20. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008

3? :/ not too many either! besides if Boca and River were playing good it would have been a different story!