Renuncia El Coco / Basile Quits

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by BigSoccer Bot, Oct 16, 2008.

1. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008

we should thank our own coach Bielsa :p now thats what i call luving ur country :p

2. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For what they say there're 3 candidates to replace him.

-Batista
    -Simeone
    -Russo

I think it'll be between Batista and Simeone, and yes there's speculation that Batista could mean Maradona as part of the coaching staff.

3. cliffturn9

cliffturn9 New Member

May 25, 2007
    I Town, USA
  4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, thanks. If we win the world cup you're invited to the party.

5. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Wow what a day.

Seeing Simeone's name makes me depressed... Seeing what he's doing right now, makes depressed. I hope he won't be the next NT. Maybe in 10 or 15 years down the road but not now. This is going to be worse than Basile.

As for Batista, i dont want him to take the reign of the NT in these conditions. I wanted him after 2010 possibly
    but not now. What happens if he fails? :confused:

What a mess, seriously.

Bianchi would be the best of course but forget about it he would declined the offer. Ramon Diaz would be the closest, would he accept to take the job? I'm baffled not to see his name.

Then there's Pekerman but as Bianchi he would probably declined the offer. Tocalli maybe? :/

6. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008
    Simeone is having a bad season right now that of course does not mean he wont do anything with the NT! we all know hes a great coach! he won 2 titles with 2 diff teams and made players that we didnt expect to see shine almost stars! Pavone, Galvan, Sosa? and even Ortega he had him play some good football and win the league!

the guy is passionate about what he does! River are struggling right now just like every other team that won the title! they win it then the season after they get sluggish! it happens! but that doesnt mean Simeone who has a great record as a coach is not worth the job and besides River are doing very well in the copa sudamericana! and if they win it then we'll all wish we chose simeone to coach the NT!

and as far as Batista goes i think hes very much qualified and plz dont bring up names like Pekerman who failed once already! we dont need to give someone a second shot! thats stupid just like Basile!

7. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
  8. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008
    Where the heck is Dr.Know?? hes suppose to be commenting!

9. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Whoever will be the new coach, we all know we'll be asking for his resignation in no time :rolleyes:

10. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You're not wrong there. :D

11. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    where is Bianchi?

12. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    lol Bilardo, then again, you got it from infobae

Anyways, Simeone is a so/so coach, definitely not a 'great' coach taht everybody makes him out to be.

He was pathetic as coach of Racing when he started off. They couldn't win ANYTHING! Then he went to Estudiantes and with an inspired Veron and a Boca led by LaVolpe, managed to win a title. After that, nothing.

Then he went to River and seriously there was know way that they were going to let River (with all the violence going on and all the years of not winning) not be the champs. His true colors came out during the pathetic perfomance the team had against San Lorenzo in the Libertadores and then the awful display River has been putting on so far in the league play

13. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bianchi's camp has said he would accept the offer. Hopefully Grondona has the intelligence to call him.

With regards to Batista, I really like him and when the players respect you, you end up winning.

14. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm sitting at the aeropuerto awaiting my flight to Jamaica to board so I thought I'd login to the net. Little did I think my day could get much better. While I'm happy for the change, it is sad to see a once good coach fall to such lows. Hopefully El Coco spends the rest of his days sitting in a lodge in Bariloche sipping brandy in front of a fire.

Of all the names thrown around Bianchi has always been my favorite for obvious reasons. To read Cosmos post above stating Bianche would accept is awesome. A link would be a nice addition so that I can justify getting my hopes up. As for Batista, I think he is a good coach that put a side together in short order and had us playing our best since the World Cup. Where I do have concern wit Batista is with his substitute selection/usage. Remember how late in games he was making changes? I wouldn't complain if he stays beyond the interim. Of course the friendlies are going to play a large part in that decision.

Pekerman still intrigues me as I love the way we played and how he seemed to bring the side together and keep them relaxed. Sure he choked and outsmarted himself against Germany but take a look at the reality. When he took the national team he was more or less a youth coach It was a big step but he made pretty good with it. I'll never understand the lack of minutes for Messi nor to a degree the changes he made against Germany. Theoretically the substitutions made sense but the reality of our team dictated otherwise: to wit the aforementioned out-thinking of himself. If he has learned from that experience I'd be comfortable with a second chance. He can't be anywhere as jacked-up as El Coco.

Russo would be good but as already mentioned he will not leave El Ciclon until his contract is completed. Excellent coach in my book. El Cholo? As an assistant yes as the coach hell no. Great motivator but tactically sketchy. The success he's had is due to players rising up and playing with fire. We need that in a big way as I think we lack the fire in the belly currently. Simeone as a player yes but as coach no no no.

15. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just so that your plane ride is nice! From Ole:

This is the link:
    http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2008/10/17/seleccion/01783212.html

16. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Please no Pekerman, lets go for someone new and not keep turning back to the same people over and over again. :(

17. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looking at qualifications for World Cup tournaments as the basis for picking coaches then Pekerman is the MOST QUALIFIED. No other coach as a better record in these type of competitions.

Using the style of tournament to be played as the basis for qualification, the only other candidate would be Batista.

Everyone else would be in second place.

18. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We want to qualify for the world cup, but we need a coach who can lead us to victory at the world cup, and that, imho, is not Pekerman.

19. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'll respect your opinion but you cant deny that he has the most experience of all the available candidates.

20. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    didn't pekerman had some issue with Messi?

I say no to him!

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    with batista, you will fly!!!

22. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

... and with Ramon Diaz the NT will also learn how to land!!! ;)

Jokes apart, it is sad the way that Batista "prositutes himself" for the position. The verso of the "guys of 86" ... so tired of it. Diego won that tournament, and is already being lobbied by some media.

What else should Ramon do to prove his wisdom of the game? That of course if he promises not to call-up any of his sons to the NT. :D

23. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don't count Bilardo they're giving him as a candidate but he always claimed that he wants to be the president of AFA, not a coach.

Some say Russo is the main candidate...:(

And Maradona himself being the coach? I hope Russo doesn't take it if anything let Batista do the job.

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    russo is horrible!!!!!!! he will be a bad election!!

25. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: "Hacía falta un cambio"

Lionel Messi aplaudió la decisión de Basile: "Hace tiempo que Argentina no juega bien, y encima los resultados no acompañan". Sobre el sucesor, dijo que le gusta Batista. "Me parece muy bien esa opción, sería bueno que dirija al seleccionado".

More...