Reign Roster

Discussion in 'Seattle Reign FC' started by GOALSeattle, Feb 4, 2013.

1. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Keelin Winters and a 4th round pick next year for the Reigns 2014 1st round pick

2. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Oh well. nevermind :)

It's a good trade as Chicago had a glut at her position

3. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    They picked up Keelin Winters for a 1st round pick in 2014.
    Chicago now has two first round picks.

My first ever trade proposal I ever made on here was Jen Hoy (from Chicago), and Chicago's 3rd round pick in 2014, to Seattle for the Reign's 1st round pick in 2014.

I guess it's fitting that Seattle and Chicago are the ones trading.
    And Seattle did decide to trade their first round pick to Chicago.
    Now the Red Stars can acquire two first round picks in 2014.

4. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    I was being sarcastic about the Ellertson situation.

Even without Rapinoe and Noyola for much of the year, Seattle has a good midfield still.
    Fishlock, Schaffer, Nairn, Winters, Kyle. Bogus can play in the midfield.

5. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    It is now being speculated that Amy Rodriguez is the "future considerations" that the Reign mentioned giving up in the trade. This would make sense, since an allocated player would be traded for an allocated player, but Chicago also gets a 1st round pick out of the deal from Seattle, since A-Rod can't play this year (but Winters can).

6. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
  7. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Perhaps Chicago now has the rights to A-Rod's unborn child :p

8. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    LOL, they can't wait to get her when she's a rookie in 2035.

9. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    I still think Seattle needs to acquire the rights to Veronica Perez.
    Reign fans will go nuts if they have: Solo, Rapinoe, Perez, Winters, and Deines (5 of the Top 6 players for Seattle last year).

Seattle's next trade proposal:

Veronica Perez, Estelle Johnson, and a 4th round pick (2014) for Teresa Noyola, Nikki Krzysik and a 2nd round pick. I think Krzysik will definitely play in NWSL, if it's for Sky Blue or Western NY.

Seattle should just now trade the entire 2014 draft away, to ensure they pick up Winters and Perez (and they've already acquired half of that). It's about maintaining packed house attendance, sellout in every home match. The fans will love to have 5 of the Top 6 players back from last year's Sounders team.

Seattle's best bet in this situation overall, is just to get rid of the entire draft next year, the rights to A-Rod (pregnant), Noyola (uncertain status), and Krzysik (who might not play for them), to get the most they can get in return to help their needs, attendance, and sure bets on the roster (in 2013 and going forward). They just had too much uncertainty, and too many distractions.

Build around Hope Solo and a strong defense (Elli Reed, Emily Zurrer, Estelle Johnson, Kate Deines, Ruiz, Barnes, and you have Winters and Kyle as defensive-minded midfielders now).

Cameron, Taylor, Heyboer, Bogus, Schaffer, Rapinoe, Perez, Fishlock, and Nairn, is enough goal scoring.

And depending on what type of shape the older Ellertson is in now, Estelle Johnson just may be the better overall central defender in front of Hope Solo. Johnson is younger than Ellertson. So they were obsessed with getting Ellertson, and they may end up being better off. In fact, Estelle Johnson was taken ahead of Ellertson in the supplemental draft (Johnson #7 overall, Ellertson #8 overall).

10. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I just saw a tweet saying Chicago gets the rights to a 2014 USWNT allocated player from Seattle as the future considerations in the deal. Guess that's A-Rod's spot whether she is in it or not.

11. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A trade for Winters :ROFLMAO:

12. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (Emphasis added.)

LOL!

13. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one's mentioned that Winters and Rapinoe are former teammates.

14. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

And Reed.

15. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Seattle is becoming the Portland Pilots all over again.
    If I'm Laura Harvey, I continue to build on that, since Parlow is focusing more on getting UNC and ACC players (and southeast players, such as Kat Williamson), than getting Portland players. The Thorns will still have some former Pilots of course, but when it's all said and done, the Reign may have more of them.

16. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Both teams have three Pilots.

And the Thorns only have three signed UNC players.

17. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    I know, but if Seattle signs Kendra Chandhoke, then they'll have more than the Thorns.
    And I doubt Stephanie Cox will ever be a subsidized player again, but if she's ever back in this league, there is a good chance it'll be with Seattle.

The most (individually) talented college soccer team since the UNC teams of the 90's, could have been the 2008 Portland Pilots. They weren't the best team ever, but they were arguably the best group of individual talent, since the 1990's.

Megan Rapinoe
    Rachel Rapinoe
    Danielle Foxhoven
    Michelle Enyeart
    Kendra Chandhoke
    Sophie Schmidt
    Keelin Winters
    Elli Reed
    Jessica Tsao
    Kelsey Davis

etc.

18. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I don't really keep track of College but weren't these 3 on the same roster with some others.

I'm thinking Stanford 09 or 10.

19. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    The Stanford 2009 team was great, with those three players.
    In fact, they are the team that beat Portland in the 2008 NCAA tournament.
    I guess I meant in terms of an entire eleven. Not just 3 or 4 stars.
    I can't remember all of Portland's defensive players in 2008, but almost all of their starting lineup was filled with incredible talent.

20. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Kendra is leaving a career in Dentistry to play for the Reign?

I had no idea.

21. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umm, best talent as compared to 2005's Sinclair, Woznuk-Kerr, Huie, Lopez-Cox, M Rapinoe, R Rapinoe, Sari, Evans, and Alexander in goal? I don't think so.

22. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Seems they have mounted a rescue of Noyola and she'll join the team March 14th.

23. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Which could be why she wasn't included in a trade for Veronica Perez (aka swapping Mexican internationals). Noyola is the better overall player of the two. If they were to swap Mexican internationals at this point (Noyola for Perez), then if I'm Seattle I ask for a first round pick in exchange for a 3rd or 4th round pick, included in the trade. Noyola is certainly the better overall player of the two.

Even without Rapinoe, Seattle has a great midfield for their inaugural game.
    Fishlock, Noyola, Nairn, Kyle, and Winters. Some of the best midfielders in the league right there.
    Kristen Meier is probably not making this team. Unless she's capable of playing in the back.
    They also have Lyndsey Patterson (WPS vet), Liz Bogus (WPS vet), Mallory Schaffer, etc.
    Schaffer and Meier are in danger of losing their spot when Seattle is at full strength.
    They have 22 players right now, when you include Rapinoe.

F - Taylor, Cameron, Heyboer, Bogus (who can play about anywhere)
    MF - Rapinoe, Fishlock, Nairn, Noyola, Kyle, Winters, Patterson, Schaffer, Meier
    D - Reed, Krzysik, Deines, Zurrer, Barnes, Ruiz
    GK - Solo, Kopmeyer, Betos (Seattle will probably keep all three until Solo is 110% healthy)

Seattle will possibly sign one more defender in discovery.

The players in jeopardy of not being on the final roster, are shown in bold.

24. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Which totally explains why Perez starts on Mexico's National team and Noyola gets mop-up minutes.

25. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    I don't buy it. A-Rod was on the U.S. women's national team, and Press wasn't.
    So does that mean Rodriguez is better than Press?
    I know that I'm not the only one who thinks Noyola is better than Perez.
    I've got Noyola as a 90, and Perez as an 88.