Red Snatch Boys

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Bill Archer, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My cousin is gay and a great person. Take it as a complement, means you have good fashion sense. Btw, your gay as well for being on my ass all the time. Before you get all "oh my gosh" on me, that's what happens. And, why would I spend time thinking up something good for Toronto fans? I mean maybe some of you have all day to deal with these twatwaffles, but I don't.

I'm more interested in USA vs. Mexico. Not really interested in a long drawn out battle where we all say something witty and they respond with something dumb. Who cares about these douches now? I mean sure I'll post some things about it in March. But, right now I could care less. Toronto is just old news to me, they have done nothing to be our rival. Who cares what these guys say? They are going to think they are awesome when they are far from it, we are going to think we are awesome when are group pretty much is. No one is going to get anywhere as both sides think they are awesome. So, who cares? Everyone be awesome, you can be Mr. Offended per usual, and I'll worry about Toronto in mid-March.

2. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you utterly clueless to how this thread started? I'd say you have your own little spankfest to run home to.

Remember, no oil-based lube.

3. Roc Le Roc

Roc Le Roc New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    If you want to make fun of something...at least understand what you're making fun of. I wasn't citing Steven Adler.

You see, my point was analagous. Bill Archer to Steven Adler. Not the most pleasant comparison.

4. Angelo1405

Angelo1405 Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

5. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Nah, our guys usually only spew that in response to your guys' assertions that TFC is the WORST. FRANCHISE. EVER.

Don Garber is the one that spews that stuff everywhere. Drew Carey and Adrian Hanauer personally echoed those sentiments when they met with TFC supporters groups here during All-Star week.

I'm not saying whether I agree, but it's not just us saying that stuff.

Not angry at all. My liberal use of the word f-u-c-k being replaced by stars on this board make my post seem far more aggressive than it actually was.

Wow, really? Metric smack? :rolleyes:

In season 2, the league was far poorer than it is now, and only had 10 teams. Do I need to draw you a diagram to help you figure out how it would be easier for teams to make the playoffs back then, and if so, does it need to include Imperial measurements?

6. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not the worst franchise ever. Just the most annoying self important fans.

Oooooh ooh, so we need to cut you a break because it's harder to make the playoffs now? God, quit whining cryass.

Yes, I do need you to draw me a diagram. Please explain to me how your pathetic excuse for an "improving team" couldn't beat 2 MINOR LEAGUE teams in group play (not knockout, GROUP PLAY!) to advance to CONCACAF.

Please include in your diagram metric measurements and imperial conversions. Also extra credit will be awarded for pictures of your fans crying or marching with banners demanding butter.

7. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, I know what you meant. I'm just jacking with you because I'm pretty sure Steven Adler can't write as good as Bill Archer does.

I mean sure Bill Archer gives you guys a hard time. Why not? It's usually fun. But, I don't really get the correlation of Steven Adler with Bill Archer.

8. Parkdale_FC

Parkdale_FC New Member

May 11, 2006
    It's funny that you wrote that sentence poorly, considering the subject matter.

9. Wearethecrew1

Wearethecrew1 Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Athens/Westerville
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Who the hell is being a "cryass" about anything?

Merely pointing out a commonly-held belief that MLS was poorer (not to mention the fact that it was smaller in terms of sheer number of teams) in your season two versus ours is not whining or crying. Did I say it was unfair to us somehow? Did I lament in my post about you guys having some sort of advantage?

No, none of that is contained within what I wrote, so please add "looking up the definition of whining" to your homework tonight.

If you haven't noticed, that one minor league team that advanced ahead of TFC has also advanced ahead of many other MLS and CONCACAF sides, all the way into the quarter final of the current CL.

As for an explanation, TFC played like crap and didn't deserve to win the tournament. As simple as that.

If you think that they are always going to be crap based on that, perhaps you should look at your own side pre-2008 to know just how quickly things can turn for the better in this league.

Or have you already forgotten just how terrible Columbus was from '05-'08, without the burden of being an expansion team building from scratch?

You're quite the clever one.

Columbus C*nts.

See? I can do it too. And it's still as unfunny.

11. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm fairly certain that our guys do not go to your boards and spew anything. It's you people that can't seem to get enough of our conversations.

12. smithnwesson

smithnwesson New Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    To sum up the TFC School of Internet Arguing, it goes a little like this:

1. Say something ludicrous, like "Toronto is the model MLS franchise"

2. Allow someone to refute your argument with logic, such as "Missing the playoffs every year means you're a model franchise?"

3. Refute the argument by jumping over to a different, unrelated argument. For example - "Oh yeah, well Columbus sucked for the first 12 years, so there!"

Over time, this strategy will cause the majority of other internet users to file their keyboards down to a sharp point, and ram it into their good eye. Or at the very least, cause them to avoid you at any, and I mean ANY cost.

Thus, since no one will be left on teh intarwebs to dispute the absurdity, Toronto fans = win!

(By the way, I trademarked every word in there, so if Ron Propiel or the Internet Professor ever offer a similar product, they will owe me a t-shirt, or at least the right to tell them if I approve.)

13. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Wait, wrong overplayed "excuse".

14. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, let's see either Mateo or West Ham will be up for the next smart ass comment.

I'm not Bill Archer.

15. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Smart ass? I guess you ARE a bigot.

16. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, this imagery is killing me.

17. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering the girl I'm talking to at the moment is black I don't think so.

Jericho, I sent you the pic.

19. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

/thanks Ryan

20. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The original "We Deserve Better" is even worse. I can't imagine how anyone thought that was a good idea.

21. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    LOL... those were people going BACK to their seats after half time. About 95% of the seats at BMO are above the exits for each section, and all of those people were walking upwards.

Even in the wide shots leading up to that goal, you could see people heading towards the empty pockets of seats that were vacated during the halftime break.

That's some awesome attempt at spin, though. And quite a random video to post, considering your team was not involved. You must have spent the last few hours looking for something like that, just for posting purposes. Too bad it was full of epic fail on your part. :D

BESTEST ATTEMPT AT DISCREDITING OUR FANS EVAR!

/Enough of this, I'm outta here.
    //In all seriousness, I do respect the effort that the Nordecke has put in, and I've said so in other forums on BigSoccer before.
    //See you all on March 28.

22. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those guys definitely would have blown the SATs

USA : First Rate :: Canada : Second Rate

SO

Columbus : First Rate :: Toronto : Second Rate

Seems like a simple analogy problem to me.

23. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's interesting, because looking at this picture

[​IMG]

It dosen't look like there is much of a cut out there for people to come up from the bottom. As you can see the luxury boxes were in the shot of the people going up the stairs.

Looking at this video it looks like the same thing, I think on that side they do go up in a lot of the sections.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0t3uXsvCDg"]YouTube - Toronto FC vs. Los Angeles Galaxy (first half)[/ame]

If you can show me where the entrances are at the bottom of those sections I'd be more than happy to say that I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Also, in response to your question, it took me 4 min to find the video. I have a good memory for archive footage.

24. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He didn't call you a racist...he called you a bigot.

Language and meaning is pretty crucial to being a good lawyer. I hope you come up with a good TV commercial like that creepy guy Kevin whatever who walks at the camera.

BTW now we are in-fighting...just not quite as weird as the TFC in-fighting. :)

25. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to prove that there is something in Canada I like.

Here's a picture of Avril Lavigne in a Hooters outfit.

[​IMG]