Red Snatch Boys

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Bill Archer, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    And yet, slightly more than Canada pulled at their BMO located WCQ yesterday.

2. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Hell BMO wouldn't even be up for a WCQ if they had one. Their national team players avoid that place like the plague.

You see, what these Eh-holes don't understand is any sense of history because they have none at all to speak of. You talk to their moronic fans at BMO and they are completely convinced that MLS started in '07. Hell that goes for any form of soccer in North America. You ask any of them how many Lynx games they went to before TFC and they go, "what is the Lynx????" Where was that superior Toronto support for soccer when you had a 2nd division team? I talk to people every single day that still remember the Xoggs fondly here in Columbus, yet I couldn't find a single person that attended a Lynx game at BMO. There are more people in that picture displayed then ever went to a Lynx game.

They don't know what it's like after 13 years to finally win that championship. To go watch and celebrate with current and former players in the greatness of it all. They don't know what it's like to see great teams fall just short or have teams you thought had real promise turn up shit. They don't understand how a fan base that was consistantly in the top 5 every single year can be decimated. They walk around with signs demanding better after year two because none of them have ever given their club so much of their life year after year while their FO just keeps taking with no results until you can't allow them to take any more.

They don't understand they owe the very existance of MLS to HSG and Columbus. It was Columbus that was the only city to sell the required amount for inclusion into the league when it first started; it was Columbus that opened the first dedicated training facility; it was Columbus that opened the first SSS in MLS that paved the way for all of soccer in America to thrive and grow; it was Columbus that set the first season ticket record in MLS; it was Columbus, up until Jozy was sold, that had the most transfer fees generated for the league. They don't understand history, so they complain about all the fans, money, and all the things they bring to the league and they don't get any benefit from it. Thank You Toronto for a matchnight thread from 6 years ago. Yet some how they proclaim themseslves the model franchise in MLS. Guess what Toronto, Garber was showing Columbus and CCS around to investors and sponsors before you even knew their was an MLS.

They don't have history, they don't have shit, so they try to pull a little of ours by this whole stalkerish bullshit they pull. Congrats, Toronto, you still have jack shit.

3. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Boosh!

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet if you look at that picture that TrollFC posted, you can actually see

*gasp*

EMPTY SEATS!!

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toronto invented success.

6. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to go and ask what were the Xoggs and when were they here??? I'm not big on pre-Crew soccer teams in CBus because of age.

7. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    One Day....LOL*

[​IMG]

* No, probably not in next century

8. Wearethecrew1

Wearethecrew1 Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Athens/Westerville
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F*ck of Toronto FC
    You aint go no History!
    Weve won the Open Cup and the League,
    Thats what we call History!

9. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, yeah if TFC reserves played Metapan it would be sold out. Of course! :D

For the one shit picture we have I could reply with about 2,000 good pictures from our section this year. Will I waste 5 minutes pulling up Sam's pictures. No. Because they still won't get the obvious.

I swear I have seen this stupid pic from a preseason game against Metapan when it was 30 degrees about 20 times as a retort. When they are well aware of what our section looks like when it counts...

When it counts we are better then you will ever be.. Screw it, post the pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    A couple pages late, but I had to throw this in for Ryan.
    [​IMG]

11. HighOnTheReds

HighOnTheReds New Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Bigsoccer
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Usector was around for the Lynx Days Est 2000.

12. apierce61

apierce61 Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. bobbybhoy1

bobbybhoy1 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    in a State of Grace
    Club:
    Celtic FC
  14. SweetOwnGoal

SweetOwnGoal Member

Jan 5, 2003
    11.9986 km from BMO Field
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/173/487017205_e9cb6db859.jpg?v=0

That kind of shows it. Since you spend more time in Crew Stadium than I do I would take your word over mine in a debate about where the exits are. I'm not sure why you would think you would know better than TopDogg, someone who has been to BMO more than a few times, where the exits are at BMO.

As for this thread...whatever. If you think that TFC has the market cornered on obnoxious fans you aren't looking hard enough. And you are unable to read your own forum with any sort of objective analysis.

TFC does sell out every week. The atmosphere is wonderful (something a visiting HSH once told me when I got him tickets in the middle of U-Sector. "I wish we could do this," is what he said. That was '07, so maybe you have now, but the dismissing what happens at BMO just makes you look petty). Arguing otherwise is delusional and self-serving.

Look, I appreciate that I'm not going to change a single mind with this post. But, if you think that y'all are angles ...give your head a shake. The shi t flows both ways.

Bring it March 28, 'cause I know we will.

15. SweetOwnGoal

SweetOwnGoal Member

Jan 5, 2003
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I don't pretend to understand what it's like to be a support of soccer in Columbus, OH. Why do you think you understand what it has been like to support the game in Toronto, ON?

16. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because we are relentlessly and repeatedly informed what it is like by TFC fans.

17. SweetOwnGoal

SweetOwnGoal Member

Jan 5, 2003
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    And I don't discount that. But, objectively, show me evidence that TFC fans on BS are any worse than any other group of fans.

Also, I'm not going to let you off the hook for Archer. He writes outright hateful things about my country. Yet, his cheerleaders here never challenge him. I'm not suggesting that there aren't TFC fans that write crap about the US -- and I don't defend them -- but they don't have the advantage of front page access to the most read soccer forum in North America.

How can you possibly claim a higher moral ground when you call him one of your own?

If I'm supposed to be responsible for the stupid things some of my younger friends in Toronto say on here from time to time, then you need to be held responsible for Archer. As I said above, I have friends that support Columbus. Actually, I exchanged text messages with one HSH during the US/Mexico game Wednesday. I know you don't all agree with Archer’s crap. Just once I'd love to see one of you call him on it rather than cheer him on. Then, you'd have my respect (not that I think you want it).

18. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trust me - we've handed out way more bans and cards to TFC fans trolling in here than any other team, by a huge margin. Seattle fans can be obnoxious, but they are in here in fewer numbers, and tend to be less insulting and more nauseating.

He does it to wind people up. That's Bill's shtick. And he targets TFC fans primarily because so many of them are always in here stirring things up. (And yes - Bill's actions provoke a response, which often means a new wave of trolls on the Crew boards. But I have no control over what Bill writes on his blog space.)

19. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    This has been repeated over and over to Mr. Owngoal, who, despite his otherwise measured (albeit whiny) and even <gasp> eloquent postings cannot seem to come to terms with that. It's a huge wind-up and he and his less-intelligent brethren play into it EVERY...TIME.

20. SweetOwnGoal

SweetOwnGoal Member

Jan 5, 2003
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    And this makes it OK because...?

Look, I'm not going to go back and forth on this because I appreciate there isn't much of a point. But, do you honestly -- honestly -- think that Crew fans take a higher ground?

Really?

If, in fact, there are more TFC trolls out there do you not think that it might have something to do with the fact that there are more TFC fans, period?

Whatever. I'm not here to be superior. I am here to point out that hypocrisy and stupidity does not know international borders.

21. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    You REALLY need to take a bit more of a history lesson on MLS. Seriously, it DID exist before TFC. By your own compatriots' admission on other threads, there are far fewer TFC partisans on BS because they've got their own Cro-Magnon echo chamber that they flock to.

I think you'll find far more Red Bulls, DC, LA, and other teams fans than TFC ON BigSoccer (not to mention Crew fans).

By the way, you go right ahead and get back to us when you've had your mods have to kick out even 10% of the Crew fans from TFC forums as our mods have booted TFC fans from here.

Of course not :rolleyes:

22. SweetOwnGoal

SweetOwnGoal Member

Jan 5, 2003
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Timon19's registration date on BigSoccer = 2007
    SweetOwnGoal's registration date on Big Soccer = 2003

MLS existed before TFC! Really!! Wow!!!

23. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Join date smack is generally full of fail.

Ask any of the regulars here - I've been lurking since before you've been here.

24. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey did you know you could get any, yes, that's right any $5 dollar footlong at subway now.

25. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, what's your Matchnight.com join date, huh?