Rebrand / Crest Update Thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by SJTillIDie, Oct 3, 2013.

1. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buy black.

2. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    There won't be a new crest if the rumors of an imminent new crest are false. But those rumors are not false, and even you implicitly credit them. Due to the timeline you yourself identified, a new crest in the near term would indeed be proof of the veracity of the ongoing rumors of a new crest.

The reason I juxtaposed the "comprehensive international coaching search" is because JazzyJ suggested we didn't have any basis for believing the rumors of a new crest. As I said, the reality is that those rumors are more reliable than the sometimes drivel that emanates as official proclamation.

You should not discredit a rumor merely because it is a rumor any more than you should credit the front office merely because it is the front office.

DotMPP repped this.
  3. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but will fit with Dave Kaval's way to do and see things ( nothing Major about this )

4. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you read my post in the stadium thread about Kaval's remarks concerning the team crest he knows that our logo is deemed "cartoonish" by some so I doubt he would go the same direction with a new one.

5. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I used to have faith on Kaval and on all his doings , however this year his credibility went from 9 to a -1.

No for the way he handled the Ultras saga, but mainly for the way he keeps handling the stadium situation, as of now, I can tell you this: even if the stadium is ready for 2015 season, please don't expect a top of the line stadium, because it will be something we HAVE to settle for. :(
    Now, if the same guy that handle the stadium is the one who will work in our crest, we should lower our spectations
    :(

6. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Kaval owned the team and had the money that Fischer and Wolff have, I feel like we'd have a top of the line stadium.

DotMPP repped this.
  7. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If Kaval had the money that Fischer and Wolff had, he'd probably still be trying to peddle his Minor League Baseball startup.

proud smurf repped this.
  8. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  9. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so...something really simple: why the stadium hasn't been build yet ?

the budget still the same, the price still the same and yet , over a year from the GRAND GROUNDBREAKING CEREMONY and Falvo still reporting that by that around 1 pm he can see (only) about 12-13 working guys.

Also, just to remind you: No jersey sponsor, no stadium naming rights, no nada. Something that Kaval is suppose to be a professional in getting.

Get this very clear: DAVID KAVAL IS NOT A QUAKES FAN, he was hired to do a job and he is very far from doing what he is getting paid for.

10. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #110 fadedtoblack, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    WANT WANT WANT. You need to focus on what you have, not what you want. In fact, I'm glad Dave, the business man, is running the Quakes ... not you, the fan. You fans are unrealistic.

You want the stadium now, but you are upset it won't be top of the line. I fear you can't have them both. What you should be doing is imploring Wolff and Fischer to sell to a Sheikh.

Also, I believe you have every right to be pissed off at Kaval regarding his treatment of the Ultras this year (though I still have that ichy feeling his hands were tied by Don G and the league, but can't back that up) and the design of the Ultras section in the new stadium.

Regarding sponsorships:

my·o·pi·a(m[​IMG]-[​IMG][​IMG]p[​IMG]-[​IMG])
    n.
    1. A visual defect in which distant objects appear blurred because their images are focused in front of the retina rather than on it; nearsightedness. Also calledshort sight.
    2. Lack of discernment or long-range perspective in thinking or planning: "For Lorca, New York is a symbol of spiritual myopia" (Edwin Honig).

We will have one in place for the new stadium, and Dave will get the best that's on the table. However, it's up to him to get a good one on the table, but we'll never know. If he gets lowballed, that's on him, but one WILL be in place.

11. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are you, 12 years old?

12. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so what if I'm ?

Kaval still an incompetent president as far as I concern....if you can tell me we (as Quakes fans) will be in worse shape with Allioto, then I will understand. But so far there is not a significant different between the two....or is it ?

13. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I talked to Kaval, he said that they are going to do the stadium naming rights and jersey sponsor as the same company. So one company gets both. He told me that there were a good amount of companies interested. My guess is that they are waiting until later in 2014 to announce the deal.

14. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So there'll still be no jersey sponsor going into the 2014 MLS season? :(

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :(

-G

15. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There could be, he didnt say no to that.

16. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully the stadium naming rights would then come that early as well. ;)

-G

17. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hope the sponser goes well with our colors and our jersey. Samsung would be my number 1 choice with Tmobile coming in 2nd. But im sure they will go with the company who offers the most $$$. ;)

18. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apple would be my #1 choice, by far. Especially when Mackintosh is our starting keeper.:p

19. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And hopefully the San Jose Earthquakes primary uniform colors will once again become blue jersey / black shorts / blue socks for next season and beyond. ;)

Either one would be absolutely awesome! :thumbsup:

True, though hopefully the company's reputation (even if it's simply lack of a bad one) will be taken into account as well.

-G

20. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tesla would be cool.

21. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless you poke a hole in the battery... Then it gets real hot :(

mangerson repped this.
  22. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    We know why the stadium won't be ready for 2014. It's because of all the crap they found on the site including an unknown bunker. I'm as disappointed as everyone else when it comes to the stadium, but to blame the FO for complications in construction? I rather have a safe stadium than a shoddy rushed job.

As far as how many people are working on the job, I want someone with construction knowledge to explain whether this is too fee people or not. Perhaps digging up unspent munitions and taking out the bunker only requires that many people. Remember, adding more people to work on something doesn't necessarily mean the job gets finished sooner.

As far as Kaval not being a Quakes fan, that's just your opinion. The point is, he is working for an ownership group that is known to be cheap. His hands are tied with what he can do financially for the stadium and for the team.

I can't blame Kaval on the delay's of the stadium, stuff like that happens. At least they let us know of the delay as soon as they were aware of it. They also offered refunds to those that wanted it. I don't know what else they could have done, it was just a crap situation. I do blame him on his dealings with the supporters groups and what the supporters section will look like. Personally, I think the FO needs someone dedicated to dealing with the fans. Kaval should be concentrating on the operations of the business and the team.

My hope is that some other ownership group will eventually purchase the Quakes and be willing to actually pump some money into the team.

23. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel that the general idea on BS is that the Quakes should throw a bunch of money at it to get it done as fast as possible with 1000's of people on site working on top of eachother. If we all agree that this is never going to happen, then personally, I feel the only major FO missteps were not delaying it a year in the first place and not having a plan in place for STH refunds immediately with the news. I know some people felt that the FO was very cavalier with their current and new season ticket holders in this aspect, and I can see that argument...even though it doesn't bother me that much b/c I'm along for the ride no matter what.

24. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that seems to be the consensus of what people would like to see. Nevermind how unrealistic it is to desire that. I mean hell, we get near daily status updates from people taking pictures of and reporting back on how many workers are out there.

fadedtoblack repped this.
  25. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's a poor way to treat your most loyal fans but I guess you are right we are all along for the ride no matter what.

however, it's a big turnoff to all the new fans they are trying to lure. this is their first experience with the Quakes and it's a poor one. if the new fans cancel their tickets and don't come out, that impacts all of us because it means we as a club aren't going to reach the potential levels of growth (season tickets - money - sponsorships - media awareness - more investment in the squad) we could have if the new stadium process had been done properly.

fadedtoblack repped this.