Ream: Bolton vs. West Brom, 5/6

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by jukeboxromeo, May 6, 2012.

1. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and my stream just cut out.......typical

i think that was Lee on the far end that wasnt covering his mark unfortunately.

2. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    They have no realistic chance of staying up.

Edit: Actually, that's too negative. Let's wait and see.

3. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game ends 2-2. The game ended after Boyata made a great run taking the ball half the length of the field, but then badly over hit his cross with teammates in the box.

4. Nastrabrahmus

Nastrabrahmus Member+

Mar 29, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    They deserve to go down that defending was nothing short of pathetic. Feel bad for Ream but he didn't help the situation whatsoever.

5. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually they do. They will be 2 points behind QPR who play Manchester City, who unless Man U lose later today, will need to win the game. Of course Bolton need to beat Stoke on the road.

On a related programming note, Blackburn host Wigan tomorrow on ESPN and ESPN3.com.

6. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Full time......now Bolton NEED to win away to Stoke for any hope.

Man City host QPR the final game of the season, not a good fixture for the Rs.

Bolton MUST win though next week

7. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bolton's own fault.

8. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Disaster for Bolton. They're almost surely down.

9. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    Here's one encouraging stat. Bolton have more away wins than a good majority of the clubs in the Premier League this season. They have as many away wins as Chelsea apparently.

10. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Bolton have to win and hope Manchester United keep the pressure on City.

11. beamish

beamish Member+

Jul 6, 2009
    Assuming that they can't make up 9 goals, Bolton needs to beat Stoke and either:

QPR loses to Man City
    or
    Wigan loses to both Blackburn and Wolves

12. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they can pull it off last day of the season, but you just get that feeling watching them they are literally a class below, like West Ham when they went down. And much the same reason; they were shambolic in the back. will be pretty miraculous if they can pull off survival. If QPR was playing anyone not with Manchester in their names this might well be done and dusted.

13. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also another stat, what do Lionel Messi, Christiano Ronaldo and Bolton Wanderers all have in common?... they have all scored at least 44 league goals this season... ;)

Seriously though... not an easy place to get a victory and should QPR or Wigan (should they not win tomorrow) get a draw, then Bolton's GD is so bad, they're probably down unless they put something like 9 past Stoke to stay up... how about this scenario.... a Ream hattrick, then Holden to score 5 on his crutches and then deep into injury time, Fab Muamba to come on as a sub and get the 9th? ... could happen, could happen ....

14. McGarnagle

McGarnagle Member+

Apr 29, 2010
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They basically just need a win against Stoke. Man City is going to thrash QPR at home with the title on the line, right? :unsure: Right?

How about the thousands of yankee Man Utd fans, they have to root for Ream and Stu to get relegated now.:devilish:

15. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is very much not true, away to Stoke is much easier than away to Mancheter City on the last day of the season, particularly as City are paying for the Prem title. Winning at Stoke wont be easy but it will be easier than QPR getting anything from Man City.

16. Fanatical Monk

Fanatical Monk Member+

Jun 14, 2011
    Fantasyland
    This is the way I see it too. Stoke has no reason to go after it except for the integrity of the competition. Bolton have literally millions of reasons to get it done. Had bolton gotten the W, then all they'd need is a win or draw here, which to me is better than 50% chance mabye 25-33% or so for the outright W? I view it as Bolton has their fate in their own hands, although not technically true.

QPR has basically already lost their match. I don't see much of a chance City slip up in this spot. Reintroducing Tevez makes them a different team. He's a pain in the ass, but he's like points in a bottle.

17. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Sure they spent some money, but I don't think you're allowed to just take it to the cashier and charge it.

18. Jgco

Jgco Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Bolton have won more away games (6) than those around them, but have lost 11 out of their 18 away games, the second highest in the league.

Stoke also have the third lowest number of home defeats in the league and have taken points off Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal & Spurs at home.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/form-guide.html

Stoke & Bolton are tied in the form guide. Everything at the moment points towards at best a draw for Bolton.

Every position in the league table gained is worth another £750k. Stoke have 4 other clubs within 3 points of them and so could potentially earn £3m extra in prize money with a victory over Bolton. A potential £3m extra in this summers transfer pot is a nice incentive for Pulis & Stoke.

19. Fanatical Monk

Fanatical Monk Member+

Jun 14, 2011
    Fantasyland

Well thats great for Pulis and Stoke. He's gotta get the players on board with idea though ;)

As you pointed out, Stoke are very good at home. Bolton is up against the wall in this one.

Bob Morocco repped this.
  20. Footsatt

Footsatt Member+

Apr 8, 2008
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll give you that Bolton has the easier of the two matches. Although, I still like QPRs chances. They don't have to win to stay up. Where Bolton has to win... draw or lose and irregardless of what QPR does Bolton goes down.

21. Jgco

Jgco Member

Jul 14, 2011
    He wont need to do much convincing with Crouch as a lifelong QPR fan...

22. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Typo smack. Love it!

freisland repped this.
  23. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    At least someone got it.