News: Real Salt Lake to face Deportivo Saprissa on July 23

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Deuce, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedDevil013

RedDevil013 Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: RSL News - 2008, Part 3 [R]

So maybe I stand somewhat corrected. They would be better than us, not that that is saying much. Still have no interest in going. Maybe it could be a good recruiting tool for us and we could look to sign someone...

2. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any of these guys returning to SLC after having played in the WCQ here a few years ago?

3. Dickov Del Horno

Dickov Del Horno New Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    While I appreciate the shout out (I do like to feel important), did I ever say I wasn't going to the match? I will be there - just like I am for every game - and support RSL. Only thing I said was that I couldn't care less. I'm sorry that offends you and causes you want to call me out, but it's the truth. I did not read that press release and think to myself: "OH MY GOD, I have to rush out and get tickets NOW!" When Everton & Boca were announced last year - that's how I felt. This year: eh? If it was a European Champion as was referenced many times, maybe I’d be more excited… then again, I am pretty tired and I need a nappy poo, so who knows if it’s just denial or a strange urge for a binky.

Again, I appreciate your passion for RSL and god knows I love when people talk about me, but maybe you should take a deep breath, put your fan-boy trophy back on the shelf, and leave me out of your hysterics. Who are you to assume the level of support and dedication I have for this side?

4. Scottt1115

Scottt1115 Member

Sep 14, 2003
    SLC, UT
    Re: RSL News - 2008, Part 3 [R]

I would say you definitely stand somewhat corrected or that you maybe stand completely corrected ;).

Your interest level notwithstanding, they are a good team, potentially better than the mexican champion. I just don't want people to get the wrong idea about the level of opponent that has been scheduled. Its not like the FO scheduled the Earthquakes or the Sounders or something.

5. blitzzfan

blitzzfan Member

Jul 25, 2000
    St. George, UT
    [Hawkeye and BJ] You tell 'em ferret face! [/hawkeye and BJ]

6. dkm1469

dkm1469 Member

May 5, 2008
    Ogden, UT
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I may have been slightly tipsy when I wrote that, gimme a break, I was on vacation!! I really don't know about their football teams, but damn, what a place to let go. I recommend it....

7. dkm1469

dkm1469 Member

May 5, 2008
    Ogden, UT
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To Dickov del Horno & bordelais7, I must beg your humblest apologies, I spent the entire hangover time in sackcloth and ashes flogging myself with a cat-o-ninetails....

8. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Kreis just said that he is interested in Brenes. He realized after looking at a scouting website that RSL uses that Brenes currently plays for Saprissa and wants to see how he shows tomorrow.

9. RealSandy

RealSandy Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Sandy
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always thought that Douglas came from chivas usa before coming to SLC.

10. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    RSL traded for Sequiera and promptly shipped him off to Chivas, only to later trade for him the next year...

11. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Evidently this is RSL's MO when it comes to Ticos. We get rid of them only to become interested in them later....:)

12. oussan

oussan Member

May 28, 2005
    SoJo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No TV for this one, right?

13. Dickov Del Horno

Feb 23, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I don't think so... but I'll be doing some live match updates in this thread during the match if people want me to. Let me know...

14. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must . . . have . . . RSL . . . fix . . .

Give, DDH, give . . .

15. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Kreis said that we would see Espy at some point tonight.

16. Dickov Del Horno

Feb 23, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    lol... done and done.

*sigh* Please don't let Horst get solid playing time.... I don't think I can stand another match like Santos.

EDIT - I take that back. I LOVED watching Santos' style of play, skill, and speed. However, from an RSL supporters point of view - Horst was painful.

17. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they are hurrying him back from injury then i'll be super pissed. However, if he really is ready to go... There couldnt be a better time to come back:)

18. utrossonero

utrossonero New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    RSLStadium Sec 21 RA

'"We're still trying to gauge how many minutes it will be," said Kreis. "We're going to be excited to see him, and I hope the fans are excited to see him back out there, as well."' http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700245187,00.html

19. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who cares how many minutes he gets! I know I about pissed myself when I saw Sturgis checking into the Columbus game. When Espy checks in tonight (of maybe even starts) I'll be very excited. Watch him get 2 goals toinght...

20. RSL Donk

RSL Donk BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 24, 2006
    Utah
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Doubt that will happen as with Horst and the other reserves playing in the back, I don't think we'll even get the ball into the middle third much less into an attacking position where Espy can get dangerous. The only striker we've ever had who would be effective this match would be Cunningham because he could single-handedly turn nothing into a goal.

21. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This all depends on what part of the game Espy is in at and who with

22. RSL Donk

RSL Donk BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 24, 2006
    Utah
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    That's sort of my point. If he plays it will be in garbage time when the match has already been decided. I don't think any key starter is going to see much of the pitch tonight.

Main reason why I'm not going tonight, if I want to watch the reserves play, I can go to Park City and watch them for free.

23. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many subs do we have in this game? Anybody know? Cuz if we have unlimited, or a very high amount... Seeing the regulars play might not be a fantasy

24. beaveman

beaveman New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Mapleton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saprissa isnt getting ready for any tournament or anything, are they? Just getting ready to start their season in a month or so? I originally thought this would be a huge blowout, ala Santos. However, Santos was getting prepped for Superliga play and was probably a lot more prepared mentally than Saprissa. Thus, this might be a better all around match.

So will RSL start regular starters against Saprissa's for the first half and both bring in subs for the second, or will RSL use the Santos tactic of our reserves vs their starters and our starters vs their reserves?