Real Racing Club Santander.

Discussion in 'Spain: Clubs' started by macaluca, Feb 12, 2006.

1. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Last year we spent a few days in Santander and paid a visit to the stadium.
    After asking in the shop if there was any way to see inside the stadium we were directed to the offices where a member of staff happily grabbed a bunch of keys off the wall, opened a couple of doors and let us in the stadium. We were told to have a look around and to let him know when we were leaving so that he could lock up. I can't imagine such hospitality from many clubs and since that day, theirs is always the 2nd result my son and I look out for.
    I don't know if we have any Racing fans on the forum, but I'll happily try and post scores/results and any news up here, and hope that some of you find it interesting.

[​IMG]

2. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Good place to start would be today's result a 0-2 away win at the Montjuic.
    two late goals from Damia
    [​IMG]
    and Casquero
    [​IMG]
    saw Racing to victory

3. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Team against Athletic today:
    PO 1 Aouate
    DF 14 Pinillos
    DF 22 Mora
    DF 16 Pablo Alfaro
    DF 2 Damiá
    CC 21 Ayoze
    CC 23 Melo
    CC 6 Vitolo (73:22")
    CC 24 Matabuena (50:14")
    DL 11 Óscar Serrano
    DL 15 Pinilla
    Banquillo
    PO 13 Valencia
    DF 8 Regragui
    DF 4 Ezequiel Garay
    CC 19 Casquero (73:22")
    DL 20 Antoñito (50:14")
    DL 32 Juanjo
    DL 10 Jonathan

HT:0-0

4. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    A late Urzaiz goal gave the Basques a 0-1 victory in what As describes as a "grey" encounter.

5. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think dmar is also a closet Racing Santander fan.

6. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Squad of 18 named against Alaves:
    Aouate, Valencia, Garay, Neru, Vitolo, Regragui, Serrano, Pinillos, Pinilla, Pablo Alfaro, Wilfried Dalmat, Javier Casquero, Antoñito, Ayoze, Melo, Matabuena, Juanjo, Cristian Portilla y Antonio Tomás.

7. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Sorry for delay...happenings in madrid had my attention,
    Final score 2-2 vs Alaves.
    There were protests in the match between Alavés and Racing Santander after local club president Dmitri Piterman insulted the fans following the sacking of coach Juan Carlos Oliva. The home side took the lead twice in the match, first of all through Nené and then Aloisi. But the Cantabrians levelled the scores both times with a Pinilla penalty and a strike from Wilfred Dalmat to make it 2-2 and leave their hosts back in the relegation zone.

8. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Sort of. My mother is from Cantabria, and I used to keep an eye on them, but of late I haven't had the time.

Historically, Racing have fed Real Madrid with the likes of Gento, Marquitos, Santillana...

9. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Racing-0 Mallorca-0

Apparently a poor game with no team noticably on top. Both defences kept two poor attacks quiet.

10. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Racing will attempt to complete a hat-trick of victories in Madrid this week as they face Atleti. They've beaten Getafe and Real Madrid in the capital already this season, both games ending in 1-2 victories for the cantabrian side.

11. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, a little unfortunate for Santander. Anyways, my roommate went to the match, said it was a packed house, and he has a couple pictures and video (of the pk goal). Ill try to get those from him soon.

12. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Poor Racing... couldn't even beat Crapletico.

13. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    If he can give you an eyewitness match report to post here, it'll be good...basically an extremely dodgy penalty was converted by Torres, Damia equalized midway through the second half but a Pablo header won the game for los rojiblancos just 3 minutes later.
    Racing apparently had the better of the game...despite coach Preciado seeing a red card during the first half. Gabi was sent off at the death for Atleti after seeing two yellows in four minutes.

14. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Great result for Racing (and Madrid;) ) against Valencia with a 2-1 home win.
    Damiá opened the scoring in the 16th minute with a good finish after a sublime piece of footwork left Butelle for dead.
    [​IMG]

A stunning free kick from Ayoze made it 2-0 in the second half.
    [​IMG]

David Villa pulled one back, heading in after his initial penalty was saved.

15. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry I never got back to ya - heres two of the 3 pics he took last week

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Theres a vid of the PK goal but Putfile has been down forever. And its not all that exciting, especially for Santander :)

16. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    A disappointing defeat this week 2-0 at A Coruna. Capdevilla and Iago were the scorers.:mad:

17. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    A good 2-2 draw against Barca this week. Antonito cancelled out Larssons opener...
    [​IMG]

and then Serrano put Santander ahead ...
    [​IMG]

only for Etoo to equalise.:mad:

Racing are now 14th in la liga but only 2 points above the drop zone.

18. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    A 1-0 defeat to La Real sees Racing perilously close to the drop zone...points and are becoming a matter of urgency.

19. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Oh god...a 1-3 defeat to Getafe and Preciado has resigned as coach...things are not looking good.

20. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  21. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
  22. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think they will stay up. Malaga are all but relegated and Alaves and Cadiz are struggling a lot. The battle for survival is fascinating as there are about 7 or 8 teams who could still go down. I wouldn't bet against them beating Real Madrid. They have more passion and desire to stay up than Real Madrid do to finnish second. As per usual they up their game significantly when playing us. They certainly didn't look like a team figthing relegation when they got a 2-2 with Barca.

23. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

que coño el que no se puede quedar hasta el fin de la temporada.

seriously, jumping ship with 3 weeks to go, to what, avoid being fired? You cant escape your record buddy!

Of course there could be other circumstances... but nevermind that. Stick out the season and dont be so selfish! ;)

24. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Sobre Preciado, veo un hombre que ha perdido creenzia y por eso tuvo que irse. Pienso que lo hizo para el club.
    Translation: Sorry too long to translate...basically felt he could do no more and that a change was needed to save the club he loved. Players asked him to stay but he asked them to support his successor.

Anyway Nando Yosu, a coach at the club, who has been the caretaker at Racing before, is the man charged with keeping them up.

Translation: "I am convinced that the team will save itself" said YN after which he expressed sorrow over the resignation of Preciado who he called a colleague and a friend.

25. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Well Nando Yosu got off to a winning start at Malaga, with a 2-3 result which not only lifted Racing towards safety but relegated the home side.
    Racing took a 16th minute lead through Casquero but by HT found themselves 2-1 down. Antonito pulled the scores level before Juanjo gave Racing the points following up a contreversial penalty by antonito which Arnau saved.
    The Racing goals:0-1
    [​IMG]
    2-2
    [​IMG]
    2-3
    [​IMG]