Real Madrid vs. Real Sociedad [La Liga Day 18: 01/06/13 16:00 EST] - [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jan 6, 2013.

1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heard on ESPN last night (Sid Lowe) that Adan received some whistles when the starters were introduced over the PA at the stadium. That's also how Jose was whistled fairly heavily as mentioned in his post-match pressed and Iker was supported with a large applause. Pretty sure that's what Jose is referring to.

2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jan/07/la-liga-iker-casilla-real-madrid?CMP=twt_gu

3. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    "A few timid whistles"? I'm going to go out on a limb and say they are well short of the "disrespect" some are alleging people are tossing Adan's way.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Best part of being a mod is to be able to read the deleted replies. Funny sh*t. :ROFLMAO:

Oscar repped this.
  5. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Miss that part.

6. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I think it has happened a few times in Copa del Rey in recent years with Casillas not playing those matches.

My favorite 'armband' moment was post match in the 2000 CL final. Redondo wore the armband during the match, but gave it to Sanchis for the trophy presentation. CLASS.

Toro70 and natenate101 repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    What did I miss

8. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Agree 110%. One wonders if he'd be as "indispensable" if he didn't have the armband. I hate to be the one to constantly rag on the guy as I've been doing for a couple years, but it's hard not to. I remember the times when I'd think people were crazy saying post-2006 Buffon or Victor Valdes (at any stage of his career) were better than Casillas. It's just kind of depressing seeing your golden fleece lose its luster.

The problem with Iker is that, as a keeper, his best attribute were his ability for reflex saves. Granted, he was absolutely ridiculous in that department, but he's not a big guy and he's pretty atrocious when it comes to his distribution. I often wondered what the hell he actually does in training to be that bad at distributing the ball on goal kicks or punts. Ever since 10-11 his consistency to pull off the saves we expect him to make has waned, it really makes him look average at best

But then again I'm also baffled as to why we suck so bad at corners too.

9. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He may need to just walk into Alonso's position.

10. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I'd like to say that I liked what I saw from Ruben Pardo during the game.

11. morgan07

morgan07 Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The game reminded me why Carvalho was once considered as our best defender (season 10/11). If only Carvalho is younger, he would make a great partner to either Pepe or Ramos. Don't think Pepe and Ramos is a great CB partnership tbh.

12. Donzizu

Donzizu Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Mou did a good job, with passed week intense training sessions.
    In the second half I felt like R.Soc were the team playing with ten.
    Physically the team is ready and I have a good feeling for the second half of the season.
    Within 4-5 weeks with Marcelo back and hopefully Pepe recovered from his injury,we should be ready for the important games.

13. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agree i'd like to see to come here I see him as a future Xabi.. has all the right attributes to be a star. At the moment he is getting games at la real which is also good for him.