Post-match: Real Madrid vs. Manchester United - CL Round of 16 - First Leg [02/13/13, 2:45 PM EST] [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The signals that he gives tells me he will be a good manager one day.

2. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Varane will play instead of Pepe, 120%

3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Premier League points:
    Manchester United 65
    Manchester City 53

Premier League points in the last 14 games:
    Manchester United 38 (undefeated)
    Manchester City 25

4. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm a big fan of Pepe, but he is having an awful season

Like the goal of Lewandowski at Dortmund vs Real (2-1), was his fault.

The goal of the Hobbit was also his fault - 2:07

Pepe's defensive abilities are superb, he can stop a target easily. But when he gets the ball, it's either a long, useless ball or we lose the ball.

5. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We are the better counter attacking team, are players are faster, and our players have better passing range than theirs. Manchester United, are more clinical than us, and this season more ruthless.

6. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Oh. Case closed, I'm sorry I wasn't aware of that.

7. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is Marcelo not match fit yet?

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Karanka said in his interview that other players are better than Marcelo at the moment. To be fair, Coentrao has had a good run, and is obviously much sharper right now. Marcelo looked very out of pace when he came back, the injury was his first serious injury as well, so his recovery could take a little while.

GRBomber repped this.
  9. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010

I`am saying be patient and keep the ball.

10. Vocalz

Vocalz ManUtd! SLB! Pt!

Dec 31, 2005
    California
    lol cmon hala, that's some reading comprehension shit right there bro.

4x4s repped this.
  11. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    If UTD think leaving it late like they do in the PL is going to work, I will be happy.

12. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A little insight about the young German referee who officiate the game.

From realmadrid.com;

Felix Brych has been named to referee the first leg of the last sixteen Champions League match on Wednesday between Real Madrid and Manchester United (8:45pm, C+ Champions League). The 37-year old German referee has been in charge of three matches involving the White team in the last three seasons and they have not lost any of them. Last season he presided over the semi-final first leg between Real and APOEL of Nicosia which ended 0-3 for Real. In the 2010/2011 season he also refereed the quarter-final first leg match, this time against Spurs (4-0), and three seasons ago he was selected for the fourth match in the Group Phase of the Champions League against Milan (1-1).

13. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    “You feel a lot of things in these games. We want our fans to get behind us and we’ll try to win to make them happy”, said the Argentine forward
    Realmadrid.com

Gonzalo Higuaín is a point of reference on the Real Madrid squad and a voice of authority on one of the most important matches of the season. The Argentine player clearly knows how his team plans to face the first leg of the Champions League round of 16 against Manchester United. “There’s no question that we’re going to give it our all. I’ve been here for years now. I’ve been lucky enough to play in a lot of games like this and the truth is that you feel a lot of things. The first is to try to win to make the team and the fans happy. Manchester is a solid squad, but we can do a lot of damage with individual talent and counter-attacks”.

Higuaín also commented on the keys to the game this Wednesday at the Santiago Bernabéu: “Our goal is to win and it’s even better if we don’t cede any goals. We know that a goal as a visitor can really influence things. There’s no question that we’re going to give it our all. We also want our fans to get behind us. The team always tries to do its best, sometimes it goes well and sometimes it doesn’t”.

When asked about the qualities of Real and their upcoming rival, Higuaín replied: “Manchester United is a fairly solid team. They always make it to the knockout rounds in European championships and we’re going to have to be on our toes. But we can do a lot of damage with individual quality and counter-attacks”. Higuaín also spoke about how important the Champions League is and how a player feels before taking to the pitch in a double-knockout rounds as well as the players that will be decisive against the English side: “Playing [in this championship] is wonderful and it gives enormous prestige to whoever wins the title. I’m more of a player that listens and focuses on myself in the dressing room; I don’t talk much before the matches. I hope that the key player comes from my squad because this would mean that we did things right and that we can have a successful second leg”.

The Argentine international was clear about what it means to be part of Real Madrid. “I came here when I was very young and I’ve been here for six years. I can say that I have a lot of affection for this club. The fans and my teammates have always treated me well. The truth is that it’s something wonderful to feel but you have to be part of it to really know what it means to be madridista”. To conclude Higuaín spoke about his qualities as a player as well as his idol: “I don’t like to talk about myself, but I think I’m a competitive player, a fighter, and I always try to improve what I think needs improving. My father is my idol. He didn’t play in the same position but he’s the closest I have. Not playing in the same position didn’t help me on the pitch, but he taught me things that he had experienced so that I could try to do them”.

natenate101 repped this.
  14. man united

man united New Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    United fan here. Looking forward to the game :D

15. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is what we're going to see IMHO

-------------Diego Lopez-------------
    -----------------------------------------
    -Arbeloa---Ramos---Varane---Coentrao-
    -------------------------------------
    ----------Khedira---Alonso------------
    -di Maria-------Ozil---------Cristiano--
    --------------Benzema---------------

anticule repped this.
  16. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My only concern is Di Maria
    If he is in bad shape again, the whole right wing becomes useless

17. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah. I think Mou plays him (a) for lack of a better alternative (Callejon hasn't really impressed lately, Ozil is wasted out wide, and I don't see Mou playing Pipa there), and (b) hoping he rises to the occasion, because he can make a huge difference if he does. Even if he doesn't, his defensive work rate will be helpful when Evra goes forward.

18. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree on b), stopping Evra is a crucial task.
    It would be a huge WTF moment if 'Kaka would play instead of Angel, though I don't see it happen. Although no one thought that Varane would start against Barcelona

19. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I don't want to see Kaka on a football field during a meaningful Madrid game ever again, unless we are playing Milan (or a rich team like PSG) and he is on their team. I like him as a person and he was one of my favourite players, but he is totally average and would be taking minutes away from Ozil, Di Maria, Modric or Callejon, all of whom are better than him and can do more for this team in the long run. He should be playing only to rest any tired players in games which don't matter.

I'd be delighted to be wrong on this one.

Glide84 and anticule repped this.
  20. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Callejon is better than Kaka?? Are you drunk? With all respect to Callejon, he can be super sub player, but no way he's way better than Kaka

21. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    No, I'm just in 2013 not 2007.

Anon., Vocalz, sleepyvato50 and 5 others repped this.
  22. WickedSensei

WickedSensei Member

Jan 4, 2007
    UK, Bristol
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And the cycle continues..no matter how many good games Kaka has played this season hes still looked at as a worthless and past it player for whatever reason. Yet Modric who to me hasnt done anything of note since coming here is automatically a better player etc.

IMO Kaka should play ahead of Di maria against United, hes coming off a good game, and lets be honest Di Maria has been terrible this year(but i assume to some hes still played better then Kaka "just because")

But I actually agree with you Kaka should leave only to get the most of the rest of his career by actually playing..being totally misused here this season.

Gbonyx23 repped this.
  23. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    And how many would that be? 2? 3?

I'm tired of making excuses for Kaka. He is probably the second biggest earner, and he's had plenty of time to get acclimatised to the club. He just hasn't cut it. It's tragic both for him and us, but it's time to stop pretending that he is not an albatross around the club's neck.

Modric hasn't been great, but Modric is in his first season here , he didn't have a preseason with the club and he is at the age where a footballer has their prime years. I'd rather give minutes to him and see how that goes, than to waste meaningful minutes on Kaka.

And if Kaka manages to up his level and become a regular starter, then I will be a very happy bunny. But you know and I know that it just won't happen - he is no longer good enough to do it. He has the ability to be a super-average player if he is given minutes. One game out of two, he will do what is expected without doing anything out of the ordinary. A few simple passes, a few decent shots, a few failed dribbles. Nothing that Calleti can't do, nothing that Modric can't do, nothing that Di Maria can't do, and sure as shit nothing that Ozil can't do. Yet all these guys are younger, on lower wages, and have greater potential for improvement. Why would we give Kaka important game minutes in those circumstances?

9Qui and Akramzizou repped this.
  24. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    -------------Diego Lopez-------------
    -----------------------------------------
    -Arbeloa---Ramos---Varane---Coentrao-
    ----------Khedira---Alonso------------
    -Ozil--------Benzema---------Cristiano-
    --------------Higuain---------------

Is what I would like to see, but it won't happen :(

25. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Benz as a CAM?

That fat shit and I hope to god I don't see that. Move Ozil to CAM and Di Maria on the right, push Benzema up front.