Post-match: Real Madrid vs. Manchester United - CL Round of 16 - First Leg [02/13/13, 2:45 PM EST] [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jagbir

Jagbir Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think you're forgetting Pepes versatility.

Pepe will neatly sit behind Xabi and Khedira. It should be noted Khedira isn't the same player, as he was a few seasons ago. He used to sit deep along with Xabi. He's definitely not doing that this season.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Only if we're trying to destroy and defend a result.

3. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Honestly, at this point, I'm totally fine with playing our entire second XI in the liga clasico. This, of course, is bolstered by the fact that a second XI that looks something like this...

==============Diego===============
    ==Arbeloa====Albiol==Carvalho==Marcelo==
    ===========Essien==Modric===========
    ==Calleti========Kaka=========Pipa===
    =============Morata================

... is still probably one of the 10 best sides on the planet.

4. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    [​IMG][/quote]

i dont know why you are all picking on ramos. its pretty clear from this video that of the three united players in the 6 yard box, had the ball been aimed at any of them, they would have had an unpososed shot at goal, with the keeped in no mans land. this is clear for the player who makes the run to the near post and gets past his marker, the player who ducks and runs to the far post and totally loses his marker, or wellbeck, who also looses his marker and scores. i have heard a stat also, something about madrid conceeding a majority of their goals from set pieces, i can remember it but it is most surprising that this would happen in a jose mourinho team, the king of the set piece profiteers, at both ends of the pitch and across the throw in lines.

anyway , on the match, it will probably be penalties and maximum drama to ******** up all of our nerves, but i think we have the advantage due to the sb leg. you know as much as we do what a filthy bitch that mistress called football can so often be, and if we had conceeded that chance to van persie like you did in the 80 whatever minute, after creating far more chances at home than our opponent, i would fully have expected us to be punished and effectively be out already. i also think that the return is your third away tie in 4 matches, including 2 v barca, might be a deciding factor. can i get some thoughts on how people think the number of away matches is likely to impact on the performance of madrid? good practice to get into the routine of playing away or might they be drained after all the travel?

5. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We play the league Clasico at home, but yeah, the clasicos will do MU a big favor.

6. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010

Shure it is. Crappy defenders, rusty midfield, Pipa who has forgotten what sport he plays, average Callejon and the "child" Morata.... Not to mention total lack of tactics.

So dont be disrespectful towards football teams of this world.

7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

Chinky24, madridismo, anticule and 8 others repped this.
  8. BTFOOM

BTFOOM Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    MD, USA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Congrats on a fantastic win yesterday vs the ticky-tacky boys.

Madrid are a wonderful team to watch and play great, flowing and attacking soccer that is great to watch (I'm a Bayern supporter first, but love and cheer for Real Madrid whenever I can get them on TV).

These are the type of results that bode well for the second leg. I see a similar result vs. ManUre and Sir Red-Nose. They just don't play good soccer in the EPL and I believe Madrid will give them a good lesson.

My Second Leg Prediction:
    ManU 1 - Real Madrid 3 (Madrid win 4-2 on agg)

I hope and pray for a Madrid - Bayern CL final in London this year. Would be an EPIC match!!

Chinky24 repped this.
  9. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    lack of tactics that made farsa look like children. yezur

10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    NO.

raven3k and Horsehead repped this.
  11. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Name 10 sides better than that one.

I'm waiting.

Seriously, feck that noise. I want nothing to do with any German clubs. Need to hope they get knocked out.

12. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man on paper that team is not so bad...but you have seen that in current form, that team you posted above is incapable of getting past the bottom team in La Liga, without Ozil, Khedira, Xabi, and Ronaldo.

13. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010

Deportivo.

Bazinga

14. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Meh. One match.

lolk

15. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    It's been all season really.

16. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, but we've also had crappy performances with the first XI as well. I still think our second XI can hold its own and would be up for it against Barca.

17. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Priority is to rest majority of the starting 11 - We can play deep with 3 DMs (Essien - Pepe - Modric) and try to catch them on the break. Ronaldo, Ozil and Khedira can come on later in the game.

18. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Pepe will play, referee will give him e red card. it's value bet!!

19. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Let there be blood,... so say we all!

Bazinga

20. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Is that Manowar? :eek:

21. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Its saving private Pepe.

22. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think it would be pretty entertaining if we went out there with 3 DMs and played Kaka Higuain and Calleti up front. I like nothing more than seeing a frustrated Barcelona side, although it's also possible that they take advantage of our second string and play us off the park.