Post-match: Real Madrid vs. Manchester United - CL Round of 16 - First Leg [02/13/13, 2:45 PM EST] [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    If we're up for it, we'll smoke them. Valencia worries me, hopefully he's too busy running backwards chasing down Ronaldo.

2. Jagbir

Jagbir Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Posts belittling Man Utd are starting to piss me off. I'm tired of hearing, "it's going to be a piece of cake", "They are a shit team", "Only rely upon one player" bulsh*t.

Man Utd are a strong opponent. They have structured their team, for Europe this season, without major hesitance. (Yes, they had a easy group, but didn't they have an easy group the season before?) So what if Atheletic Bilbao bashed them. We are not Atheletic. Man Utd are not to be taken for granted.

Truth is, we HAVE to work hard in order to get a result in our favor. Take City game for example. We needed a comeback in order to win the game. We worked our arses till the very last minute to salvage a worthy victory.

However, hard work will only get us so far. We need to bury these chances. Our players have been utterly inconsistent this season. That is, primarily, costing our team morale. We need team spirit.

Another memory, the Lyon game in 09/10 season. How many of you thought we were going to light up their as*es? Tell you something, Ramos did, and look what happened. Season after season, I expected us to win in the last 16, for six season I felt my heart break. Those of you who experienced this, know what it feels like. Expecting to trash our opponent, before any vague conclusion, is beyond idiotic. This season, we lost to some of the shittest teams in the league. You can't expect us to win games without scoring. Yes, our strike force isn't complacent (this year), that however, doesn't mean we can easily write this next game off.

We need to build/pull/focus our pinnacle attention to this next game. This is our everything this season.

3. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You have a point but relax, we got this :eek:

This team does turn up for the big games :cool:

4. Jagbir

Jagbir Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We haven't got it, till we've got it.

To add, if you firmly believe we've got this, please put all your money on us. If you can't do that, don't ever tell me again, "we got this".

5. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course it won't be easy, those saying it will be easy are just kidding themselves.

But I "firmly" do believe we will win at home it's the return leg which will be the decider for me.. at home we are capable of beating anyone.

Away from home we are "different" but in the big games we do turn up.

I tell you what i'd bet 3/4 of my money instead :ROFLMAO:

6. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think it's gonna be a 3-2 win
    With Varane and Ramos in the central, things are gonna be hard for United, though they have Rvp and Rooney :whistling:

7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    3-2 sucks, unless you mean that will be the overall result after 2 games in our favor.

Jagbir

[​IMG]

You need to calm down.

AriGold repped this.
  8. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mou is in Manchester.

9. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can't see Rafael causing any problems for us on the left side of the pitch. He is the weak link and i think Ronaldo will tear him apart for the fun of it.

10. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    United are one null up at Old Trafford, with Giggs scoring of an RVP assist. Jones is doing a good job in tracking/ man marking Felliani.

Their formation is - De Gea; Rafael, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Jones, Cleverley, Giggs; Rooney, Van Persie. (4/4/2 wide)

Subs: Amos, Anderson, Smalling, Chicharito, Carrick, Nani, Welbeck.

edit: Osman from Everton should of scored, but De Gea saves the day.
    On a another note De Gea is horrible at set pieces, and free kicks as he can't organize his defense nor set up a proper wall.

edit: RVP scores from a Rafael assist. Rafael is the right back equavilant of Marcelo.

11. scotholiday11

scotholiday11 Member

Nov 19, 2006
    My house
    Club:
    Southend United FC
  12. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Umar. That Ronaldo game is one of my absolute favorites too. Watched it with United fans as well and they were just stunned. Stunned by what they saw. They were amazed by our quality and especially Ronaldo's. He just kept putting daggers in their hearts.

This team we have now i gonna need all the luck it can get to get past United. Some folks are totally overestimating us and not giving United the respect they deserve.

Anon. repped this.
  13. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We need to be in form to win this one. There is no way we are winning by having an average game. Clean sheet is a bonus, but I think that in Old Trafford, there will be blood - so the win is what matters the most. Alonso is our key man, if he was on his day, United will struggle, but if he played like the majority of the season ... we will struggle.

14. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't mean to sound defeatist here or anything, but I am genuinely worried about this game...because of a few aspects to our own game this season (including the CL group stages), and then because of the opponent we are facing, who despite not being flashy do get the job done.

I would not be disappointed with a 0-0 result at the Bernabeu; not giving up an away goal whilst not winning will have a more positive psychological impact for our players in the second leg, than a narrow win where we do give up an away goal would. Keep it very tight at the back, and hope for something up front from Ronaldo and co.

Laaura repped this.
  15. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm 99% sure that we will score, it won't be that hard.
    De Gea is still an inexperienced goalie and when you shoot, which a certain usually does, he makes mistakes and with the quality of our players, we can finish it.

Our biggest problem is Arbeloa. He will face Nani/Young and possibly Evra. Evra is having his most scored season and his passes are very solid.

16. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Couldn't have said it any better.

17. Royalty

Royalty Member

Jun 28, 2011
    *Voices in the background* "Real Madrid......record nine times winner of the Champions League.."

Chills.

18. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    In terms of individual player quality Madrid is better, but in terms of team Mutd is more solid.

Just hope that Mou does not pull his usual stuff like counter couse it will bite us in the ass again.

19. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Should be a great game! Looking forward to this

As some of you know watching the 2nd leg of the 02-03 RO16 was the match that made me a Real Madrid fan. So glad I chose to become a fan of the whites instead of the red devils. No disrespect to manu but I just can't respect SOME of their bandwagon fans or their coach. If he didn't complain all of the time about the refs, he would be respectable. He should just shut-up and realize its a game. Whether you're a coach or player, you're going to lose sometimes

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Both teams will sit for the counter. Manchester United are the most dangerous when they are on the on the counter and things go quick, so if your expectation is that we attack them, you're going to see an unpleasant surprise.

21. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I don't see why people have such disdain for the counter-attack. Almost all of our most beautiful goals in recent times have come from counters. We should use the counterattack as often as possible.

The problem is when teams sit back and deny us the counter-attack, like Betis did. In those cases, it's not the use of the counter-attack that's the problem - it's the failure to create much when the other team cedes possession. Let's not conflate the two.

22. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You think Man U are more dangerous than R.Madrid on the counter? Really?

23. Gbonyx23

Gbonyx23 Member

May 4, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benz comes out to play and our chances are really good. If our only striker is ronaldo, then it is going to be tough.

Royalty repped this.
  24. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If our midfield gets the run around from Cleverly and Anderson then something is clearly wrong :ROFLMAO:

25. Gbonyx23

Gbonyx23 Member

May 4, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You would be suprised but over at redcafe cleverley is as good as wilshere if not better