Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich | UEFA Champions League Semi-Finals - 1st Leg|4.23.14[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    #1 YOUNGSTARS87, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich
    UEFA Champions League 2014 - First Leg
    Estadio Santiago Bernabeu
    Wednesday, 23rd April 2014
    19.45 CET 11.45 PT 2.45 ET

Time Zone Converter

[​IMG]

They showed us it can be done. So let's do this!

I've never lost a match thread and won't start now against some scum. Let's go!

Gbonyx23, Aimar 21, Lyra and 10 others repped this.
  2. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Hala Madrid love the thread title!

3. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I approve of this thread and I am hala-ing all day and to strangers too.

4. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wonder if we will play the same tactics we used in the Copa final, if Ronaldo can't make it. Bayern look like a poor mans Barca and look like posession football has been forced upon them when they don't have the players to pull it off. I can see us taking advantage of their slow midfield and defence. Robben is a whole different story though and will need Isco playing his heroic role again. Wonder if Pep will play Lahm in midfield or RB.

Common boys you can do this, just 3 games left and LaDecima is ours

5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only thing i don't like about this thread is the date format.

Time to kick some Bavarian ass.

RMSocrates repped this.
  6. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we advance, it'll be epic. If we don't, the Bayern fans will organize a massive troll invasion on this forum. :D I acknowledge Bayern are favorites, but we have sort of a momentum going on now. If Cristiano can play next week, that would be immense. We'll see what happens. Cautiously optimistic.

7. Complex23

Complex23 Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    time to rise up to the tenth boys.

8. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Should we play the same system even with Cristiano back?

We could have Ronaldo in place of Benzema up top. Or switch thing round a bit, Bale on the right, Di Maria where Isco played. It would mean a lot more sacrifice for Bale, but possibly a greater danger on the counters if it were to work.

WhiteBlood repped this.
  9. Real4Real

Real4Real New Member

Sep 16, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Ronaldo is fit, it'll be a good dilemma to have. It'll be really harsh to drop Di Maria, despite Isco's class Copa final performance. I think Di Maria will start whatever happens, and justifiably so.

10. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm thinking we should probably play the same strategy against them like Barca.
    I would like the same strategy because it worked and I believe it will work against Bayern. I would like them to open it up in the first 10 minutes to see how it is going before, for the lack of a better word, park the bus.

11. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    If Ronaldo is fit Bale will have to drop deeper to defend. He will probably play on the left and Di Maria on the right, with Alonso and Modric in the middle. That would be a sweet setup. One, just one mistake from Bayern back line and we have 3 runners + Benzema ready to charge forward and punish them.

People who don't want us to play counter attack need to understand that it is a style that we have to deploy only against Barca and Bayern (Pep). We play open against all other teams. We don't have to prove anything to anyone and we definitely don't have to have to go into possession battle against them.
    The only problem against Barca was that we were at times under too long periods of pressure. We can't have that against Bayern, we need to brake free every couple of minutes just to disrupt their flow.

Lahm is a very intelligent player, and if Rafinha get's the chance to play, he will be conservative. We need to exploit them on the left, because Alaba constantly drifts into midfield. Another thing I wanted to mention is the fact that Di Maria and Modric are extremely agile and reactive players. Schweini/Kroos/Thiago are just the opposite.
    We will find our chances in this game and I expect us to win it.

12. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    We can't just force Bayern to play on the wings like we did Barca. They have the wingers to hurt us and the target man to get to crosses they put in.

It'll be a much harder game. I think their weakness is when you force them to play through the middle.

meringues, Lyra, Xehanort and 1 other person repped this.
  13. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the answer. Our strategy worked against Barca because they have no ability to play through the wings, so we could crowd out the space near the top of the box and force them wide.

Bayern will murder us if we give them that space on the wings, and they have real target men to put a pass in to.

We might play similarly in terms of counter punching (in fact, we probably have to), but we will probably need to align a little different. We can't just sit in what is basically a 4-4-2 and play narrow defensively.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  14. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If everyone is healthy, Isco should be dropped. He's shown an ability to impact games as a sub, so if need be, we can insert him in. Di Maria has basically no experience doing that this year, so I wouldn't try to force him into a uncomfortable role, especially since he has been playing at such a high level. The only person other than Isco that we can drop is Benzema IMO. I don't like going with a false 9 in this game, though. We needed Benzema's hold up play to trigger our counters.

Whatever we do, we need to be compact at the back, and keep them out of the goal. Tough, tough task, but deny them a road goal and we are favorites going into the 2nd leg, IMO, even if it is 0-0.

15. Mr. Strange

Mr. Strange Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^ our record is very bad in Germany, to win this we need to go to Munich with 2-0, 4-1 or anything better than that

2-1, 1-0 and 0-0 are not the worst results but don't think they'd be enough

Obviously if we lose at home it's pretty much over

16. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who cares if our record in Germany is bad? That's stuff for the media and fans to factor in. Winning in Bayern will be tough because they are great. Not because they are situated geographically in Germany. Otherwise we wouldn't have wiped out Schalke.

Job 1 on Tuesday is to not allow a goal. If you get to Germany where us scoring 1 goal gives us the away goal tiebreaker, that is a huge. These teams are even, and there is a decent chance they are not separated over 2 legs.

9Qui and meringues repped this.
  17. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I hate to say it but it's almost better if Ronaldo sits out or comes off the bench the first leg :D

janos audron repped this.
  18. Mr. Strange

Mr. Strange Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm of the same opinion but since I'm not a regular poster here people would call me a troll. :(

19. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    #19 janos audron, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    He said: "Benzema to charge forward".:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Sorry i had to. Ah....:ROFLMAO:

Playing Cronaldo and Bale at the same time does not compute in terms of proper defending. Utilizing the same tactics as against Barcelona to me sounds like suicide due to differences between Barca and Bayern ( oh yes they have the same coach - tiki-taka - possesion...its the same shit...sure it is yeah ).

p.s: Isco must play, he started to defend not to mention he has shitload of quality going forward and would nicely complement the team.

20. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really agree. I guess it is a pick your poison. I feel like if he had been given the space that Bale, Benzema and Di Maria got against Barca, he would have scored a ton of goals. We really missed him. On the other hand, we wouldn't have been as strong defensively. I want him in there.

21. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    We missed a healthy Cristiano, the type of injury he has is tricky to rehab so quickly. I get Ronaldo at 50% is better than 90% of players at 100% and all that jazz but considering he wasn't exactly clinical in his own finishing before his injury, probably won't be sharp, and will most likely not be of any help defensively I personally would give him the extra week off and unleash him in Germany. There isn't a "right" answer here though that's why I said it's "almost" better.

dmar, RMSocrates and MadridFan22304 repped this.
  22. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree there isn't an answer. And I was kind of thinking the same thing you were about sitting really compact at home, making sure we don't concede an away goal, and then unleashing Ronaldo on the away fixture where the goals would count more.

My reluctance there is that I don't trust our defense, even sitting tight and defending, to keep them out. I know Ronaldo basically doesn't play defense but one way where he helps our defense is that the other team can't be quite as aggressive knowing he is available on a counter. I do think that helps a great deal.

23. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    Just replace Benzema with Ronaldo in the line-up and have either Ronaldo or Bale playing more central, problem solved.

raul_elmatador repped this.
  24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If there is a game we need attacking output it is this home leg. So I would play all of Cristiano, Benzema and Bale if they are ready.

25. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    Who would you play then Isco or Di Maria?