Real Madrid vs Atlético Madrid [Copa del Rey; Semi Final; 02/05/2014] 8:00 PM CET/2:00 PM EST

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Laaura, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    To be frank, Marcelo hasn't added anything to this team since the start of the year. I'm glad we're working Coentrao back in.

2. 7Bilal

7Bilal Red Card

Dec 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coentrao > Marcelo

******** the game time 2pm?!? 2pm?!?

3. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Biased towards who?
    In the end it comes down to the referee, but I think the RFEF doesn't stand for the type of play the FA allows (lot's of contact, etc.). That's why injuries are more common in England than Spain.
    To each his own, I guess.

4. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    The biggest challenge for a ref is to let the game flow. It often ends up with couple of hard challenges, couple of cards and someone feeling fuc'ked in the end. I agree it's generally better in EPL, but it's far from perfect..

5. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    +1,that was the first thing that struck me as well

6. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Games threads only need basic info: date, time, competition, and location. Beyond that nothing else really matters. If having a poster with a player who doesn't play for the other team upsets to the point you need to nitpick it in a game thread then do us all a favor and do one of two things 1)get a life and/or 2)start the thread yourself next time.

sleepyvato50 and Zidane05 repped this.
  7. 7Bilal

7Bilal Red Card

Dec 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Eddie repped this.
  8. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I second that.

RaMaaa repped this.
  9. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India

10. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    #35 mymy33, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    If I defined the "rules" for starting game threads "just to get a response" and you responded than am I really the stupid one?* Let that question sink in before you start punching out an angry, self-righteous response on your keyboard okay? :D

*I will concede I am stupid for thinking you'll understand any of this post though.

11. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No bale again it seems, jdlmorena said he has been left behind as he hasn't fully recovered. Must admit I'm getting worried now he seems to miss a lot of games.

12. 7Bilal

7Bilal Red Card

Dec 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Lmao u r def trolling. lulz at you thinking u defined the "rules" hahahhahahahahhahahhahahhah YOU defined the rules hahahhahahahhahhah lmao

13. 7Bilal

7Bilal Red Card

Dec 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wtf you srs? As the founder of the GOATareth Bale crew I'm starting to get worried myself.

14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It was expected all along considering he had no preseason. Even when you design a simulated preseason for him, it's not the same. There aren't the same amount of rest days, there aren't matches where you can work yourself in, and when you're fully fit, the matches your put in are at the highest level of intensity.

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Guess that means Jese gets another start in a big boys match.

16. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    What a waste of 100ME if Jese outperforms Bale :D

j/k j/k

But also I think it's time to stop blaming the lack of preseason on his inability to get fit, he has a history with these little niggling injuries iirc.

17. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At one point, Clos Gomez had refereed 16 games, and had handed out 16 red cards. I believe he currently averages a red card every other game, so statistically he will probably give one out tonight.

He is the one who sent off Cristiano and Jose in the CdR final at the Bernabeu last season, he also sent off Kaka famously for those 2 absolutely innocuous fouls. Clos Gomez was also the famous referee whose 13 errors Mourinho took and went to the press with.

So you can hopefully see why I am not very optimistic about his performance tonight.

18. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    #43 mymy33, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    None of those sending-offs really affected the outcomes of those games though. I don't think anyone disputes the officiating and governing body of La Liga isn't up to par but this lack of quality is generally across the board. We've been dealing with it for years and generally overcoming it, even managing to benefit from it as well. I can't remember the last time we were "robbed" to the extent points or silverware were lost because of poor refereeing performances in La Liga. And as such we just need to soldier on and control the things we can control like coming out looking like we're ready to play and putting in a solid 90 minutes (among other things) and letting the other shit fall where it may.

19. LastBoyscout

LastBoyscout Member+

Mar 6, 2013
    I think he came here still getting over an injury and wasn't given enough time to get over it. So hit got injured again and has recurring problems ever since. Same thing happend to schweinsteiger who is nursing his injury ever since the last euros. Bale has a big summer brake in front of him though I expect him to be fully fit by the beginning of next season.

€: Refering to Bale of course.

temesgen repped this.
  20. demo_g

demo_g Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Perez is a fcking idiot for paying 100 mio€ for Bale. Seriously what kind of retard does that?

21. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    News coming from the club is that they want players who are 100% for this tie and they want him to be ready for Villarreal fixture instead.

22. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe our management should stop rushing Bale back and give him a consecutive run of 15-20 minutes instead of 15 minutes and then a full blown 90 after it.

23. 7Bilal

7Bilal Red Card

Dec 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bale needs to get on some better ped's maybe phone leo messi for a connect

24. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    According to Marca, Tonight, the Madridistas in the Bernabeu will be supporting Cristiano under the slogan: Todos Somos CR7 (We are all CR7).

:D

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Real Madrid's starting XI: Casillas; Arbeloa, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Coentrão; Alonso, Modric, Di María; Jesé, Cristiano, Benzema.

Sudžuka repped this.