Real Madrid vs Ajax - Champions League, Matchday 6 - 04.12.2012 | 20:45

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid00, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yes. And what you quoted is different from what I said earlier how?

2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Weren't there posters who were bitching about how Pedro Leon offers just as much if not more than Callejon when we signed him? You don't see those posts from two years ago being quoted, eh? :D

3. gatorchomp

gatorchomp Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Florida
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I imagined this.

[​IMG]

ambro repped this.
  4. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gob is the man. I can dig it.

5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love when I see vets like Khedira and Pepe always rush to celebrate goals with their teammates, makes me like them even more. Need players like that to glue the team together with the rest of the talents in the ranks. Ramos, Arbs, and Marcelo must be included as well. Not saying the rest don't show love, but these guys go out of their way to do so and keep things positive. We're lucky to have them.

Doni and Zidane05 repped this.
  6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Notice these none of these guys play in any of the glamor positions. The only player that regularly doesn't run over to celebrate goals with other people is Ronaldo. But him not celebrating goals causes more of a stir than any of his celebrations ever have go figure.

7. Don Nino El Dios

Don Nino El Dios Proud to be White

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that I want to make a big deal about it, but I don't get why Ronaldo doesn't celebrate his teammate's goals more. He always acts too cool to do it or almost disappointed that it wasn't him (I'm sure he doesn't feel that way, but that's almost how it appears). It's definitely shit like that makes him have a bad reputation. It's amazing how many people (even people who aren't football fans) I come across that hate him.

Anyways, if I were playing for Madrid and any of my teammates scored, I'd be the first dude there causing a raucous. The world is lucky I'm not a famous professional forward, because my goal celebrations would be obnoxious and would take at least 3-5 minutes each, lol. :D

Doing something like this in front of the Ultras Sur (or butt-hurt Culés/Colchoneros) several times immediately comes to mind:
    [​IMG]

Chinky24, Glide84, Doni and 2 others repped this.
  8. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The same can be said about Benzema though. Usually, when someone scores he just wanders off. I don't think it says much about them, but maybe it is the "too cool to celebrate" mentality as you said.

However, it's usually Ronaldo who gets nitpicked on in these situations because there is a trillion cameras on him at all times and as we all know he's a selfish evil human being.

Don Nino El Dios repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Nothing wrong with making a big deal out of that. How would he like if when he scored people didn't run over too him "Suarez style" and just turned around and headed back on our side of the field?

10. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Ronaldo is always the first guy over when Kaka scores and he celebrates quite exuberantly...:eek:

I personally think it's a big deal, just a part of his nature, I'd be surprised if his teammates/coaching staff held something like that against him or even care ...well maybe Xabi Alonso :D

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    FYP

EDIT: In Benzema's defense he doesn't wander off that much at all. Cristiano however consistently acts like others scoring is not such a big deal.

12. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    As if Cristiano being immature is some sort of breaking news....of all the things to nitpick on him about I'm not sure celebrating (or not) goals with his teammates is one of them. Frankly I don't care if he celebrates them or not (as long as he doesn't embarrassingly "explain" his reasons in a postgame presser), for the most part it's how he's been his entire career. I'm not sure if he'll ever not be immature but I'd rather have him not celebrating teammates goals than breaking someone's nose, getting sent off or shutting down completely when he's not playing well. I think the intensity with which players like Pepe, Arbeloa, Khedira, Ramos, Marcelo, Alonso are more an extra credit gold star for them than a knock against Cristiano. I don't deny he is a "selective" celebrator but for the most part if it's a "big" (i.e. Arbeloa or a canterano scoring) goal or kaka he's right there with the rest of them. It is what it is....

13. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo did the same at Man U. Not really a big deal.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't disagree with this.

15. Don Nino El Dios

Don Nino El Dios Proud to be White

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, def not a big deal (of course, what is a big deal is him saying shit like "I'm not happy" to the press), but it definitely rubs me the wrong way. I'm an expressive/supportive person when I play, and even when I'm playing bullshit pickups, I always compliment my teammates and show good support when they score. And when I score, forget it! haha, I usually pull out the Raul ring-kiss, Ronaldo fenomeno finger-wag, or even the Cuatemoc Blanco archer pose. I'm ridiculous.

It is peculiar though that when most other people score on his team, Ronaldo seems to put on this "chill, it's only a game" demeanor on, but when he doesn't get the right pass, doesn't get a call near the box, or his teammates don't convert a potential assist from him, he looks like he's ready to cry/kill someone. Just a strange range of emotions (and lack there of) from Ronnie.

What's important in the end, of course, is that he's committed to us, and I think we all hope that's the case.