Real Madrid v. Rayo Vallecano - La Liga - February 16, 2013

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mymy33, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ananas

Ananas Member+

Feb 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Every Spanish site i go to is talking about Mourinho's reaction to Ramos's red card. They say them not shaking hands explains the relationship in the locker room:

Even if our players take a piss the media is going to cry foul and claim pee-controversy!

2. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    It's a good thing you don't care about stuff like this though :D

Zidane05 repped this.
  3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I ain't. A lot are, they just don't like getting in these shit-fest while I don't mind taking on 3, 4, 5, etc posters at one time.

4. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rightly so.

He shouldn't be applauded for a red card.

Vector-SS, Eddie and 4x4s repped this.
  5. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    LOL. Not even arsed anymore.

What will be will be, but one thing is certain, this will continue to carry on for years to come, no matter who the manager is.

Feck, we can get Del Bosque back and sooner or later there will be a shit storm for something.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Congratulations Sergio, good job.

7. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^ Exactly. Like my boss congratulating me for ********ing up my job :ROFLMAO:

8. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I absolutely get that. That's not new to these players, this president or this club. But there is plenty that is new in this equation and that is something Florentino has to live and die with because he agreed to this org/management structure. I think Florentino is being way too passive with everyone: players, coach, press. But he's the one that has painted himself into this corner - not sure he can do anything substantial until the season's over.

9. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    WHOA! Wait a minute!! I didn't realize you were taking me on!! Fuuck that, I quit.

10. Jaood

Jaood Red Card

May 4, 2012
    He can be pissed all he wants (hell, I probably would've kicked him in the face), but he's going to work with these players for at least the next couple of months. A handshake or a pat on the back has never hurt anyone, and it does not equal applauding a red card.

You're such a badass...

11. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I think part of it is his obsession with La Decima, it's like he realizes that even in utter chaos like we are now this team and coach still can put together a run. It's dysfunctional as all get out but staying the course is your best opportunity for success. The devil you know and all that jazz....

12. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    HAI GUISE

This just makes me lol. Sergio can be an idiot sometimes (and I still haven't entirely forgiven him for launching that PK into orbit last year), but what... the... fudge...

(I still think Mou showed us the future with the back four he lined up against Rayo even though I like Sergio at CB)

13. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^ Is the Spanish team allowed to play with Spanish refs? Your answer can be right there.

Ramos is an idiot (really cheesy too, some quotes out of his new biography are lolworthy) but plenty of the reds he has been shown were ridiculous. Him going around insulting referees' mothers might have something to do with it though :D

nicafornica and natenate101 repped this.
  14. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm starting to think he deserves some blame but has also been caught between two parties with ridiculously powerful positions.
    Mou, on the one hand... it's self-explanatory. Dude is captain of the ship and one of the best managers on the planet. You can't just replace the guy.
    Same goes for the entrenched club symbols like Iker. You can't just get rid of Iker.

It's a pretty simple organizational dynamic - you're not really the boss if there are folks under you who are less replaceable than you are. What can Floro realistically do if either Mou or someone like Iker tell him "go feck yourself? That's why he's been somewhat hands-off about all of this I think.

15. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    With Spain we normally have a lot of possession so he doesn't get into as much situations where he might get a red as he does with the club. There's also the ref factor of course: because not all of those reds in the league were actually worth one, and he definitely could have gotten some with the Spanish team as well at times.

16. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Did you watch the game yesterday? During the coin toss you would think Sergio Ramos and the ref were BFFs. It was so overly cheesy that it is quite noticeable. Ref put an end to that budding friendship!! :cry:

17. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid

This is all so true, but is it weird that I love Sergio for being a weird eccentric cheesy idiot?

I mean, 50% of the reason I loved Guti was his unbelievable spatial intelligence and vision, but the other half was his eccentricity.

18. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Ramos is a great player, he has all the characteristics be to be great but his poor decision making will be factor for us and his legacy well after JM is gone.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    His legacy will be he won WC's and Euros. Hopefully some CL's.

20. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is Spanish and one of the players who led his country to footballing glory, therefore your argument is invalid. Casillas+Ramos+Xavi+Iniesta>the universe. Learn that equation.

21. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    He should try to be eccentric without getting carded every game. :)

22. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You forgot Villa and Xabi.