Real Madrid C.F. 2012/2013 Preseason

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Alma Merengue, Jul 4, 2012.

1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I was kind of miffed at Granero's performance. Kaka? This has been his regular. Lass? As said earlier he makes gigantic holes in our midfield and is like a bull running around aimlessly.

CB's were terrible. Varane obviously needs to be paired with a more experienced man.

2. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    Wasn't able to watch the game today, but those were two fantastic finishes from Callejon. Tough to find a better depth/role player for the squad than him.

3. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wow, that was humiliating. I can't believe we're seriously considering to loan out Sahin without giving him a chance, while Granero, Kaka and Lass were this horrible. I hope this abomination of a game helps Mourinho change his mind about Sahin.

4. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    It's crazy. We are keeping Granero and Lass but getting rid of Sahin. Madness.

5. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The highlight of the game was the sponsorless shirt.

Alma Merengue repped this.
  6. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    People will find a way to make it seem reasonable when it isn't. I know I have hammered into Lass but man was that guy shit. Half of the reason why they were cutting through us and they dominated our midfield was because unlike Khedira (underrated in this aspect btw), Lass can't keep any shape. Always running wild and leaving huge areas of space and sometimes it works, a lot of the time it doesn't. Granero I will give a pass to. Kaka, same poor player we have witnessed the past three years. I guess if we keep putting him out there one day he will magically change.

Regarding our midfield, for our own good this season I truly hope Modric is the answer.

Callejooooooooooooooooooooon!

Pedro eat your heart out. Seriously.

MadridOzil repped this.
  7. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    He looked out of sorts to me (really frustrated).

I'd be beyond shocked if he stayed. His body language today told the story of a beaten man.

I would have loved to see more of Morata. I hope that comes during the US tour.

I don't remember the last time we played such team of this level this early in the preseason. You knew this had the potential to be an ugly result. Maybe we owed Benfica a game from the Di Maria and Coentrao deals? :D

8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Playing next to the sweet combination of LaKakassa probably did it for him.

Only God knows whatever it is that turns these attacking Brazilian gems to fool's gold after a couple of years top flight amazing play. The last and absolute last player one would think would fall to something like this is Kaka.

From a fan's view point it is extremely said. Especially because of how long he has been in neutral. It is truly a mystery what makes these high level players just erode and so quickly.

He was angry about that thrashing. I liked that. I am a passionate person (shocker!), so I like it when they are passionate as well.

That Benfica side is well into their pre-season, but to be honest they struggled with PSV (I think they even lost?). That Madrid side was horrendous, but again maybe Uncle Flo struck a deal to leave out our Spanish, Portuguese (besides of course Coentrao's homecoming) and Germany players to shave points. :devilish:

9. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Ahhhh the sky is falling!!!! no.

10. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Well, Mourinho is in regular season form: "this was probably a message for some of those geniuses that think everyone in the cantera is ready to compete at this level." .... DAMN!

anticule repped this.
  11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:AHAAHAHAHAA

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Another thing of note which won't win me any friends here; Higuain looks fat and out of shape.

13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ He kinda does, and has since last season. Hopefully he tightens it up in the next few weeks.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Obviously the club, and the coaches that work and see him everybody must know less than the people who've never seen him work.

Benfica are a lot further in their pre season than we are, and considering how many key players we are missing, i don't worry about it at all. I know people hate losing, but we played against a team that's physically at a very good point and we're a few weeks behind.

15. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Too bad he didn't give a press conference when the cantera beat the B team with an almost simmilar scoreline.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Too bad the B team most likely didn't give a f*** about beating a few guys that carry the goals and the footballs around on the training ground.

The guy that played LB today for us looked like he never played football in his life. :D

I think this is good for a few players to maybe get a reality check before they get excited by little training match results.

17. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    As opposed to this pre-season friendly?

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I know you're a touchy Spaniard, but the only guy i had a good impression of from the young guys was Juanfran. I am sure they would beat out the first team players under a fair coach though.

19. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    This has got nothing to do with being touchy, but using common sense instead of trying to get into Mourinho's ass by agreeing with everything he says. Both are meaningless games, yet with one he can make such a conclusion yet with the other which totally goes against what he says....well, let's just pretend it didn't happen. Let's also pretend over half the team wasn't a current cantera player, but not make a blanket statement about them not being good enough either based on this one game.

20. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I guess that confirms it.

21. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about his "no titles are won in the summer." I think he's laying the ground work for Super Cup failure where he will reiterate, "no titles are won in the summer"...and "I have won 19 titles but I never won one in the pre-season." He's a sneaky one, that special one.

22. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Confirms what. Morata has been trying to get into the senior team since Mou first arrived the only reason he's getting half a chance now is half the team has been gone since the Euros and the rest have been transfor rumor material all summer.

23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or he could just not give a shit about cups that don't mean much?

Curious to see if Jose has plans to call-up Alex when we need another midfield body, if Sahin does leave.

24. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who cares why? Seriously, some of you just like to talk shit. I'm pretty damned sure Morata is happy as hell to be looking at a first team spot this season and isn't going to dissect the reasons why at this point. Jose should call up people who he and his staff feel can play a role with the team. Seems he feels Morata is one. Fantastic, wish the kid well.

Come on y'all, lotta negativity going on around here, ALREADY! Let's see how the squad shakes out in the next month before we make big judgements.

25. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure he would love to rationalize his record against Barca this way. The Super Cup doesn't mean much. You can't win the CL at the Semi Final stage. My projects take two years. Blah, blah........