Real Betis - Real Madrid | Liga BBVA | Jornada 20 | Saturday | 18.01.2014 | 16:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It really depends on how well he'd do on loan, wouldn't it?

2. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    We score 4+ on a lot of teams. But usually they score a few on us as well. It never felt like Betis were gonna do that. We kept our concentration on defensive set pieces and we came out all guns blazing at the second half. Obviously we took our foot off the gas near the end of the game, but we looked in complete control and we stayed focused throughout the game. These are traits that we haven't seen in a long time and despite Bétis sucking they're worth applauding.

Crimson and Lyra repped this.
  3. demo_g

demo_g Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great win. I'm glad our defense is starting to look worthy of a club like Real Madrid. Ronaldo and Di maria scored a screamers and Modrić was a midfield maestro.

MadridOzil repped this.
  4. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain

I can be wrong but i think that Ancelloti has decided to play 4-3-3 until the end of the season, and he only will change the system to 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 for some specific games.

In the last two games against Osasuna and against Espanyol we have seen Illarra playing as left/right midfielder for the first time in the season:

Osasuna
    ---------

---------Xabi
    Dimaria-----Illarra

Betis
    -----

-------Xabi
    Illarra------Modric

Previously we always had seen Illarra playing as defensive Midfielder when we played 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

4-3-3

----------Illarra
    ---XXX--------XXX

4-2-3-1
    ----Illarra---XXX
    XXX---XXX-----XXX

In my opinion, Antelloti is trying to fit Illarra in the 4-3-3 system, because he wants to play with this system until the end of the season.

Against Osasuna we also seen Isco playing as false striker for the first time of the season:

---------Xabi
    --DiMaria----Illarra
    Jese-----Isco-----Ronaldo

I think that Ancelloti thinks that Di Maria is better than Isco to play in the midfield in a 4-3-3, and he was trying to test Isco for a new position in this system.

In my opinion, 4-3-3 is the best system for Xabi and Modric, both players really shine when we play 4-3-3. The problem is the third midfield. Ancelloti has used Di Maria in the last games (He already used him (and Isco) in that position several times at the begining of the season) but in my opinion, although Di Maria works very hard attacking/defending, a Di Maria- Xabi- Modric midfield could be a weak midfield defensibely for the big games, I think that we could suffer against teams that are good with the ball Barcelona, Arsenal, Dormund,... because we haven't enough players to recover the ball, and against teams strong phisically as Bayern because is a midfield not very strong phisically. I think that for that reason Ancelloti is testing Illarra as left/right Midfielder.

To play 4-3-3 with Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Di Maria means that all these player have to help in defense (even Ronaldo in the big games) or we will suffer against good times. Fortunately, we are seeing that Benzema and Bale are helping more in defense during the last games.

Speaking of defense, it is good to see Ramos return to his best level after some month distracted. Anyway, i don't think that Ramos and Pepe can maintain their best level until the end of the season, we will need Varane.

The most important part of the season is here, we need to have a system and a starting 11 and improve game by game the chemistry between the players. I think that Ancelloti has the system and the starting 11 (with one or two exceptions), let see how the team improve in the next games, because we still have to improve to be at the level of teams like Bayern.

5. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great prediction anticule!:thumbsup:
    You know these ******* cules better than anybody else:D

Chinky24 and anticule repped this.
  6. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Treble time boys. Munich in the final for the cl and Basura in the copa. Smash them up like little fncks. Don't worry, la liga will be won by that time.

7. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    @anticule your avatar is the best, don't ever change it! :thumbsup: