Real Betis Balompie 2011-2012 Official Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Andalucia' started by Pichi, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  2. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Er Glorioso have signed 26 year old defender Dusko Tosic from Red Star Belgrade. Betis paid 1M Euro's for his buy out clause. He previously played for Werder Bremen and QPR. More on signing later. He is currently with the Serbian NT training camp for their upcoming international match this weekend.

Ese Beti Oe!

3. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali

Well here is that striker you said we needed. However, I haven't seen Santa Cruz produce much in the past 3 or 4 seasons. Please correct me if I am wrong.

4. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You are correct in the past 4 seasons he has bagged 26 goals.

2007–2009 Blackburn Rovers 57 (23)
    2009– Manchester City 20 (3)
    2011 → Blackburn Rovers (loan) 9 (0)

I believe the issue is that Er Glorioso does not have much money for trades and a loan for a guy who on paper can score goals in the big leagues is what they felt they needed as Betis doesn't have any strikers with First Division experience at this time.

Ese Beti Oe!

5. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Rodrigo Suárez Peña, 'Rodri' who did not fit into Pepe Mel's plan this season sighed his recision clause today and is no longer a Betico. He was loaned out to Cartagena last season and didn't fit in their plans either this season.

Ese Beti Oe!

6. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Well one thing is for sure, Roque Santa Cruz was treated like a King in his arrival to the club:
    [​IMG]

7. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    And from the looks of it will be starting tonights match in the friendly that Er Glorioso will be playing againt Portsmouth at the Villamarin.

The match is televised on Canal Sur so you will be able to watch it live at 2100 hrs on the computer at the following URL:

http://www.canalsur.es/html/informa...a.stream.flumotion.com/rtva/champions.flv.m3u

Ese Beti Oe!

8. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    How did Roque play?

I know he provided an assist but did he do much else?

I do think La Liga suits him much better then the EPL, he just has to try to avoid those pesky injuries.

9. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    5-1 easy win against a very much depleted Pompey team.

1-0 Castro 2,
    2-0 Molina (pen) 18,
    3-0 Montero 27,
    4-0 Ezequiel 66,
    5-0 Ezequiel 77
    5-1 Varney 90,

Here is the match review from the 1) official Pompey site and 2) fan site:

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Real-Betis-5-Pompey-1-2515.aspx

http://www.portsmouth-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/betis_batter_pompey_in_seville_698422/index.shtml

Here is the match review from a couple of Spanish sites:

http://www.eldesmarque.es/betis/40755-el-betis-se-da-un-festin-a-costa-del-portsmouth-5-1

Ese Beti Oe!

10. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Mel doesn't believe he'll be ready against Mallorca and it will take him about 3 weeks to be fully match ready!

Ese Beti Oe!

11. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Betis first Liga match at home in over two years as they play Mallorca at the truly inhumane KO time of 1200 hrs in Sevilla this Sunday. Lucky for the players Sunday will be cooler upper 80's then today upper 90's.

The game once again will not be televised by GOLTV or ESPN360.

Betis lineup has not yet been announced.

Ese Beti Oe!

12. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    We don't need to be on TV. We are the best kept secret in La Liga ;) Look @ the table...ok it's only the 2nd week

13. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Looks like we will be on TV this week against Athletic, the game will be televised live today at 1300 hrs PDT, 1600 hrs EDT on GOL TV.

Ese Beti Oe!!

14. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Pichi tape it for me ;) I have my match @ 2pm. We shall see if The Madman is all that for Athletic.

15. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Er Glorioso played an outstanding match defeating Athletic 2-3 today in Bilbao and had it not been for the woodwork they would have won 2-5. That makes it 9 points out of a possible 9 points and with the Che's Er Glorioso are the only undefeated team in the liga. This Thursday the Manhos will be at the Villamarin, Here is the match summary:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=323999&cc=5901

Here are the video highlights:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHw982iyspc"]Athletic de Bilbao vs Real Betis 2-3 All Goals & Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Ese Beti Oe!!

16. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Nice win today & so far La Liga adventure is a ok ;) Santa Cruz did his best Fernando Torres impersonation, but that's ok. Good times for los verdiblancos!!!

17. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The Glorioso-Zaragoza match for Thursday 1600 hrs EDT, 1300 hrs PDT will not be televised on GOLTV but will be available for live streaming at ESPN360.com. Sundays match against Getafe is not scheduled to be covered by GOLTV or ESPN360.

The Palanganas could only struggle to a 0-0 draw against Osasuna (yes the same ones who lost to Barca 8-0). Something tells me that Er Glorioso will finish at season end ahead of the Palanganas in the standings!

Ese Beti Oe!

18. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US

Want to bet on that? ;)

19. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Todays match against Zaragoza will be shown live here in the US and in LATAM on ESPN Deportes!

Ese Beti Oe!

20. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  21. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I just know realized this, if Los VerdiBlancos win today, we will be Top of the Table in La Liga :eek: I don't know if we need that type of pressure now, but I will gladly take it ;)

22. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Lo siento, but I am about to gloat about this current predicament:

Un nuevo jefe en la liga....Los VerdiBlancos!!!

23. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Pretty damn quiet on the Sevilla list of late I wonder why??? Great game today by Er Glorioso up until Casto got the red card and then it went from bad to worse in a heartbeat. Pepe Mel disclosed at the post game press conference that Benhat and Santa Cruz were both injured and had wanted to be subbed out but since the had to make the last sub to bring Goitea in not knowing the extent of their injuries Betis was basically playing with 8 players.

1-0 Santa Cruz 7'
    2-0 Salva Sevilla (PK) 12'
    2-1 Juarez 36'
    3-1 Benhat (PK) 47'
    4-1 Santa Cruz 49'
    4-2 Juan Carlos 77'
    4-3 Juan Carlos 79'

Still this team rocks and Getafe is next on Monday. Those of you that missed the game you can see it on ESPN Deportes on Friday morning 0600 EDT, 0900 PDT and it is on the replay tab for streaming at ESPN360.com.

Here are the match highlights in English and a video of the highlights. Enjoy and tonite us Beticos will no longer have to dream about Er Glorioso alone on the top of the table, it's a reality!!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report/_/id/323991?cc=5901

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j-_LfD0RD8"]4-3 Goles Betis vs Zaragoza 22/09/11 - YouTube[/ame]

Musho Beti Musho Lider y Europa Tiembla!!

24. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Really great result. I remember Betis from Champions League. They played in the second round.

25. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sevilla are pure class, they have elected to leave the 1st place spot in the standings on their main page BLANK. Suck it:D