RDM bites the dust

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Naughtius Maximus, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    jose could poke tom hanks in the eye and will still always be our #1 guy

2. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I dig your sig. And lobo's too. Totally concur. Well done.

3. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    For those celebrating the end of the old boys, or thinking they have become surplus:

2 of 12 points while missing both (counts scouse game as the offsides goal scored after JT out) and a double winning legend gaffer fired, and a hack ******** in

but hmmm?? 19 of 21 points in which Lamps appeared (couple very short mind you [10 of 12 in full matches] but leadership influence perhaps) (JT - 17 of 21 points, 13 of 15 with full matches 4 goals given up all year while on pitch, 9 when not)

http://www.premiershiptalk.com/2012/11/23/lampard-the-missing-link-for-chelsea/

fernb8 and Kerry Dixon's Boots repped this.
  4. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hope we are able to renew these contracts for at least a year as their leadership will be essential in bringing along the next generation. We saw what happened when Didier departed and how much the lack of a killer instinct hurts this team (playing the what if card but imagine a Drogba in his prime sitting in front of O-H-M!!). As I posted earlier, as long as they are credible on the field (and they are, anyone who disputes that I think could really read your post through a couple of times) we should keep them in the fold.

Given the interim status of FSW, who will be primarily responsible for contract talks in the club (I mean the real person, not what we see in the papers). And what sort of leeway will be given in the January window? Will FSW have some choice or will it only be an execution of someone else's strategy?

I do worry for JediSoccer though. His head may explode if it's FSW who is at the helm when we buy Falcao :D

NB: Here's the quote again from FSW. I don't expect he will have much of a say and is providing his opinion on whether the players will look for a move. Can be read a couple of ways, but it does give an indication to me that the club may not try hard to keep them which would be short sighted even in the world of FFP.

"Benitez gave a swift response when asked if he believes both players will look for a move at the end of the season.
    "I think so," he said in the Guardian. "I don't have all the information and it's not fair to tell me I'm only here for seven months and then expect me to have an influence at the club over the next two or three years, but I think that's the case at the moment.""

lobomojo repped this.
  5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dick move...but he's got a couple "get out of jail" cards in my book. I don't condone that behavior one bit but every one has that momentary lapse of reason...even Jose. I expect better of him but all is forgiven...like when your son pulls a prank and it needs to be reprimanded, yet you "LOL" inside.

Wrath and lobomojo repped this.
  6. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    More bullshit from the 'meeja'...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20490257

Chelsea: Rafael Benitez takes flak for Roman Abramovich

The pact of silence and subservience Chelsea's fans have made with owner Roman Abramovich ensured Rafael Benitez walked straight into a wall of hostility at Stamford Bridge.

Abramovich's decision to sack Roberto Di Matteo six months after winning the Champions League offended many Chelsea fans - but it almost qualified as a populist move compared to his replacement with Benitez.

So Abramovich is trying to escape criticism for sacking RDM by replacing him with Benitez?

Er... OK! :confused:

Not the brightest bulb in the set this fella McNulty, is he :D

7. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i don't think that's what is being said. just that hiring Benitez was and even more hostile decision that firing RDM. but also that considering what all Roman has brought to the club, he won't be the focus of any attack by the fans, because in the end, the fans would rather have Roman than not.

8. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Interesting article for NM here ;)

Tell me why … nobody seems to care whether what they read is true?

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...to-care-whether-what-they-read-is-true031201/

9. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cos he probably would've said it, or some variation, if anyone had thought to ask at the time.

Anyway, people need to develop some language comprehension skills. The quoted words would be appropriate if said whilst Liverpool manager anyway.

10. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    (Too many anyways while criticising others' use of English. Fail.)

11. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

too much work.....need it spelled out....:confused:

I can say that i barely read articles anymore. If anything i read the quotes that are in the articles and even then i have to see if there's an actual name that goes along with it.