RDM bites the dust

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Naughtius Maximus, Nov 21, 2012.

1. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I re-read his post a few times...not sure where he said anyone was leaving.

And players don't care, you're right. Just ask AVB about that one.

fernb8 repped this.
  2. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    holy crap you are a wordy one :eek:

No.
    Part of it certainly is the horribly shabby way in which DiMatteo was treated, (and it appears it was in the works days/weeks before the results gave a hint of an excuse), part it is for the continuation of what was evident already, club on its knees to Torres, all wrapped into there being no supporter outcry or desire for a gaffer change.

But no it is certainly not that he was replaced by an unemployed hack, sadly we are quite used to that in these parts, it was that he was replaced...er (wrong word really as I still believe I am stuck in a coma or long nightmare from which I will awake soon, though wish there was more sex with long, curvy freckled women and less Chelsea suits...), by the only one hack that the Club and near everyone on the planet knew was loathed by and vehemently not wanted by likely 99% of Chelsea supporters/customers, which, though past enough. is once again wrapped in kneeling for Torres.

Well, to take your side, Bates did not entirely ingratiate himself with past Club heroes or Legends, or shout out character to the general public, and he was not the first nor the last in that regard. I was not saying that this was a spotless sanctuary of purity nor on the road there, but saying when a great step too far is taken, it should loudly be rebuked and fought against. not accepted meekly and without consequence, and one is not spoiled, entitled, not Chelsea enough, if one complains rather than put their head down, hand over 80 quid, "please sir I'll be quiet, do with me what you will..."

Also other than with Jose, there was plenty of support for changes, most could be argued for either way, I was all for hiring AVB, as one here likes to point out continually was all for him succeeding, I like him personally, but for footballing reasons and loss of the dressing room and supporters, I think that was a sound decision not at all similar to this week, especially since he was not replaced with the very one guy nobody wants and at the start already has lost the supporters and part of the dressing room, as well as for football reasons, lack of success and style wanted here by Roman.

Too many to hit one by one. but we are 4 pts out of first after, with the manu bs match, led the league for a good bit with a consensus of playing beautiful football, despite an unproductive striker that must play, then JT and Lamp went out, we had I think 4 clean sheets out of 6 JT League starts and a long unbeaten streak when he was in certain pairings, have advanced in the FA Cup over manu, all in a transition year and the deal was all but made before the juve loss, so yes I do think RDM was doing near as good as can be expected, the sacking was inane, but it is the hire that makes it all insulting, shameless and stupid.

My expectations for RDM depended a fair bit on January; unchanged and forced to play Torres, Top 4, very good shot at FA Cup, The World thingy, so-so not great chance at CL if we luckily stay in and JT and Lamp get stay healthy; with a decent Jan striker buy (perhaps just Danny getting an extended run) and perhaps a cm addition, good chance at League FA Cup and CL if we luck in.

For Rafa = doom, gloom, despair all that is dark and ugly; underachieving mid-tableness, no trophies, dressing room unrest, player unrest, supporter unrest; inability to recruit the best player with no CL, FFP tensions issues due to lower revenue, the loss of Lamp and Ash, perhaps JT (the results of such departures we glimpse now) putting us a step or two behind the Manchester clubs for at least a couple of years.

Will singing for DiMatteo now, booing or silence to Rafa, not embracing the spoiled nino change this week or year, no not likely; but feelings will be better known, the character of the supporters will be better known, rather be a hated right bastard than a herded sheep, and just perhaps, just perhaps it will have some influence on future decisions being better

chief232 and JediSoccer repped this.
  3. couris

couris Red Card

Aug 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    All our old players who played against Benitez are on the verge of being released by the club at the end of the season...so I dont see any problem with the old guard.

4. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  5. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    didnt know we were releasing Cech

thanks for that tidbit of info

6. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    LOL. I am guessing they are laughing about Rafa. Can anyone provide the exact translation? :)

7. couris

couris Red Card

Aug 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No they are not releasing Cech, but I doubt Cech alone is going to revolt against Benitez.

:rolleyes:

some of the bollocks on here is mind numbing at times

8. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    but thats not what you said is it

you said

so if you are going to make stupid blanket statements to add to your usual mind numbing dross be prepared to defend them

and do try to keep up sunshine

lobomojo repped this.
  9. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    see:
    BENITEZ:INTER MILAN
    AVB:LAMPS
    jose:ballotelli/mutu/quaresma
    scolari:drogba/cech
    domenech:anelka/evra
    ronny:rijkard
    pep:zlatan
    fergie:becks

it goes on for a while
    and ash, and jt, and mikel, and ivanovic, and lamps (cause we all know consistently correct news outlet a,b,c... has the scoop on lamps)

lobomojo and fernb8 repped this.
  10. couris

couris Red Card

Aug 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The core of the squad is different now, the older players are being phased out. I doubt Oscar Mata Hazard etc have something against Benitez.

11. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Who exactly is this going to divide in the dressing room? Those games were literally almost 10 years ago. They're professionals, and I don't know how much they loved RDM - he was with them for all of a year. This is obviously a huge change, but they're footballers - they adapted just fine when AVB was fired too. The worst possible scenario is that the players completely ignore Benitez, in which case he'll just be another Grant.

12. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    I quite enjoyed Fergies dig at Rafa this morning & I'm now looking forward to constant squad rotation for the rest of the season.....

Hooray!!! :thumbsup:

13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, I don't see anyone being too put off in the dressing room. It's not like it hasn't happened before. I think JT actually would have played alongside RDM in some games but he won't let it effect him because of the player he is.

I don't think the issue has been well handled, partly because of the guy they've brought in, the choice being just plain odd., tbh.. but I think the players will be professional as usual.

I just don't see the logic behind it, personally. :(

14. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Benitez will not be our manager next season, so that is irrelevant. This season is what I'm worried about; there is not going to be an out if we fail to qualify for the Champions League this time around.

JT and Lampard may not be playing at this very second, but both will have roles to play over the course of the season and both are huge figures in the dressing room.

fernb8 repped this.
  15. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Like I said, it's gonna be 'interesting', mate.

16. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    10 years ago? Check your calendar.

Almost everyone in the squad hates Torres. It's obvious just when watching the matches. So now we've brought in a manager solely because of Torres. A manager that has bad-talked Chelsea legends who are still in the squad, and a manager who is hated by the fans. All because of Torres. The notion that ignoring the manager is going to work is insane. This is not Mourinho's Chelsea.

No idea how you could compare Di Matteo out, Benitez in to AVB out, RDM in. Apples and oranges.

jcm28 repped this.
  17. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    not sure about this mate

I am just not sure "everyone in the squad hates Torres". They may get frustated with him annoyed with him but the same could easily be said about Drogba who by all accounts was thought of in high regards and respected by the squad.

I said that I suspect Torres will take a great deal of blame for the sacking of RDM either correctly or incorrectly and I do not think much will change that.

18. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    So how's Andy Bennet doing these days???

19. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There once was a waiter called Rafa
    Who got appointed as Chelsea's new gaffer
    He's as big as a house
    And used to be scouse
    And less popular than the Luftwaffe

JediSoccer, Cris 09 and lobomojo repped this.
  20. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

His first briefing.

21. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Maybe "hate" is strong. But the body language is terrible. He never gives thumbs up. He never even looks at his teammates. He just fixes his hair and stares off into space. There is no way anyone agrees with the special treatment he gets.

I have defended Torres repeatedly, but I wouldn't care if he never played for Chelsea again. I want him out.

22. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I agree that his body language is awful but again we have seen similar from other players (Drogba, Malouda, Ash) who seem quite popular within the squa.

I do not think he gets any special treatment, or I should say any more treatment, than an important first team member. I just do not think there is as much strife behind the scenes among the players as the media may try to create. With all of that being said- I could see him being a knob as you say. :D

23. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Never heard of the fella... sounds a total twat... BTW, it's 2 T's in Bennett.

Er, y'know... probably :eek:

:D

Anyhoooo, not so bad mate. And yourself? My daughter just came back from San Francisco with her current fella, boyfriend No. 38, (I ran out of letters). I'm hoping she might have some sprogs whilst I'm still young enough to pick the buggers up but, what you gonna do :(

Ho-hum :) That's the great thing about footie, it's all quite simple really, isn't it :)

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It is...

"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gay Lineker

*runs*

Naughtius Maximus repped this.