RDM bites the dust

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Naughtius Maximus, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Ted Lyons

Ted Lyons Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Tucson, Arizona
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you're right about this. One thing I think people are missing in regard to Torres is that, regardless of whether he weighed so critically in the Rafa hire, their fates are now intertwined. I think this is the inverse argument to what many people are making.

The point is that, regardless of the intent behind hiring Benitez, if he doesn't get the best out of Torres, he probably doesn't succeed, (unless we go crazy in the winter transfer window), and they're both gone. This satisfies the desires of the crowd you reference.

I look at that as a lose-lose but, if you want Torres gone, you're actually positioned well by this hire because, if Benitez bucks your expectations, at least the team succeeds and, if he fulfills your expectations, you get what you want. So, in a perverse way, it's a win-win for some people.

fernb8 repped this.
  2. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  3. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    might as well blame Torres

as the media can not blame Drogba, Lampard and Terry

well not for now at least :D

4. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I've defended Torres...

and I've defended Torres...

and I've defended Torres some more. And here we are.

The guy's legs are shot. He cannot run. He is done as a top-flight footballer. There is some skill and ability there, but he's a shell of what he was. Benitez will not fix this. Mourinho would not fix this. Hiddink, Pep, Ferguson, Wenger, Clough... none of them would fix Torres. There's nothing there to be salvaged.

The entire club has been taken hostage because of Fernando Torres. It's all a bit sick.

Champions of Europe! Come on Chelsea!!!

lobomojo repped this.
  5. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    lol how have you posted on these boards for so long without know that

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I swear I had no idea. I was racking my mind with all sorts of combinations trying to figure it out. Once Walter mentioned it...I was like; :rolleyes: Duh!!!!

lobomojo repped this.
  7. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Anybody who has enough money to not work and live in a penthouse on the upper east side of NY will probably not have his head turned by Roman's millions. Pep will go to what he perceives as the perfect situation. I'm not sure he would perceive working for RA as the perfect situation ... the guy who had his lackies fire RDM instead of telling him face to face.

8. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    OK. Well tell Pep "hey" from the Chelsea fans next time your over at his apartment for sangria.

fernb8, schafer and Yaroni repped this.
  9. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    if you had 30 million dillars and roman offered you 30 millions dollars in half the time it took you to make that, then it you would consider it

especially considering that chelsea arent anzhi mahachkala, were a great team with great players in a great city

but as i said before pep is all barca and i think hell go back to the camp nou

10. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    To think he has all that money and he could not afford more than those plastic sunglasses you get at the dollar store ....

11. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I backed torres and was telling everyone that I was sure he can regain his past form.

I was wrong. He screwed our CL hope this season, he costs us from sitting on the top of the table, and he cost us RDM. Torres failure to finish cost us so many points. The management put all of its marbles in one basket, and without any other recognized strikers besides him and daniel we were screwed if he didn't regain his form.

I feel bad for Robbie, he was a great manager and brought us our CL triumph we all dreamed of.

As for Rafa, I hated him, but he is our manager until the end of the year you have to back him or he will fail miserably. I think we have a deal with Pep agreed that he will start next season, so far the club has made some good decisions and some poor decisions but as a club we have always stayed competitive and I think with the addition of Falcao, and sign cole to another 2-3 year contract and a healthy JT we will be very very strong under ANY coach.

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It said "Chelsea FC" on the side but the paint wore off....

Walter3000 and Wrath repped this.
  13. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it makes it more awesome

14. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And by paint, you really mean Tipp-Ex.

15. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    well now upon quiet time and studied reflection.............

[​IMG]

i have never felt worse about tptb at this club ever ever ever, love the players, supporters, history, even most of you wankers, but i will never ever, never ever, never ever, nunca, nunca, nunca accept this utter shameful shit

JediSoccer repped this.
  16. sportscribe

sportscribe Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Hmm...wonder if there's any truth to this article;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...h-Inside-story-Neil-Ashton.html#ixzz2CvqxO0xg

17. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    fernb8 repped this.
  18. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
  19. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We're talking about this guy, right? :confused:

[​IMG]

Carragher was one of the best CB's in Europe at the time.

20. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Or to put it another way...

Y'know, after all these years of bantering with me I think you're becoming almost as cynical. I suppose I should blame myself :( but, ah, screw it :)

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  21. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  22. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Back to back CL finals combined with a 38 game season into the 80 point zone is not a fluke.

And he did it all with a less valuable squad than his competitors - in the context of a club that was about to flatline financially.

Whatever you want to say about Inter - he heavily over performed at Liverpool

23. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Well - i am getting old now :ROFLMAO:

The thing I have always found odd is that in business or politics when there is a big splash story - the first thought is always who leaked it, or which PRs landed it. Of course that doesn't make it true - just that they worked to run it up.

Yet in football it must always be that the journo made the story up. :D

24. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And, frankly, ANYONE who follows Mourinho into a club is asking for trouble. You can say that's either because nobody can compare with the 'special one' or because, when he leaves it's usually because the whole thing's about to implode and come crashing down around his ears with the tensions he creates... whatever... he's not an easy fella to follow.

25. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To be fair that's probably because, (in the UK at least), the standards of journalism seen in the big selling newspapers are pretty poor. It's like we always have to explain to foreigners, in Britain we get our news from the BBC or ITN, even Sky news isn't THAT bad, (although I never watch it myself just on principle). The papers are for wrapping fish and chips in. Well they're not any more, it's that greaseproof stuff, isn't it... but y'know what I mean.

fernb8 repped this.