Rapinoe reportedly to play for Lyon

Discussion in 'Seattle Reign FC' started by ForeverLOST108, Dec 27, 2012.

1. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Well u noticed TS put an end to the choreographed goal celebrations pretty quick.

2. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Are we even sure these pics are from that match? I saw highlights and the OL players were not celebrating at all

3. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm not talking about the score exclusively. The final scoring tally or a dancing routine, there is a limit. 32 goals in a soccer game, esp by a "so called" pro squad vs literally a junior team, are ridiculous. No need for that kind of beating.

I want to see how TS deals with them wrecking the DR and Haiti within 10 mins of the opening whistle.

And stop having a hissy fit every time I post something slightly controversial.

4. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Contrary to your own personal beliefs, you are not some maverick enlightening us novices about controversial topics. All I'm seeing here is an internet troll who gets defensive and resorts to personal attacks when asked to justify his assertions. I'm not going to get involve in a debate that started on a false premise to begin with. You clearly included a picture of some Lyon players celebrating which given the context will imply that it was from the 32-0 game. If it was not from the game, what was the purpose of including that picture in the first place?

The issue of a pro team playing against someone so far below their level have always been debated in many sports and there's no right way to look at it because whatever course of action Lyon or even the US women were to take, they will be criticized. Does the score look terrible, sure, but from all accounts this was not a serious match and was just a scrimmage between a group of students and professional women soccer players they admired. I'm not seeing any of the Milliken girls crying about it. I personally think the only mistake they made was making this public as the match should have been a closed door scrimmage.

P.S: There's only so much possession soccer one can play without it becoming patronizing.

guignol, cpthomas and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  5. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    That picture is not from that match, no. The only time there was any real celebration that I saw was when Makan Traore scored a goal because she hadn't played for the team, never mind scored a goal, in god knows how long.

Necib was only on the All-Star Team in the last WC and won the Bronze Boot in the Euros, but sure, saying she had a good game for once makes perfect sense...

guignol repped this.
  6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    tulips.jpg

here they are! sorry it took a while; i took the pic the very next morning but i've been out of town, and under the weather, and yadayadayada...

Blaze20 repped this.
  7. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Thanks!! I still think you can get it to her. Probably give it to one of her team mates and maybe the next time she is in France she can get it.

8. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I believe she will be running into a bunch of French team mates in June. And she'll see Schelin at Algarve in March.

9. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    There you go, problem solved.
    I'm guessing the Swedish team might be taking the train to the Algarve so it should be easier to bring a plant on board.
    If not, give the plants to Renard and she can bring it with her and I expect by then they should be in full bloom

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    as the ONE person here who was actually at the match, :D i can tell you that the lyonnaises seemed pretty fed up with the whole thing well before HT and i credit them with great tact for not showing it. the millikin parents i was sitting with also told me they were being good sports.
    that picture is from OL-soyaux, and i saw it live from the other side: schelin was not smiling! since the loss to potsdam her only expression in public had been one of steely murderous rage. lara, sweetie that she is, gave her a fantastic through ball for her first score and a big hug after to try to cheer her up, not to much avail. it was only after her brace that, realizing life was going to go on after all, L8 did crack a tiny smile.

since it's the rapinoe thread, and there was an post about lair driving her away (insight? from an Equipe article? that's been googletranslated? shirley you jest.) one of the greatest sign's of lotta's professionalism is that she never said anything like "coach, how come you're so nice to megan, and so mean to me?".

closed-door scrimmage? good luck with that! they don't even have closed-door practices. about the only privacy the team gets is is the showers.

11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    june's too late (crikey, you people really don't know anything about flowers, do you?) but march would be perfect.

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the train to the algarve? from sweden? i'd have to get out my cook's to make sure but i doubt you can do that in less than three days. more likely four.

13. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Well I know about tulips...Im from New Friggin Amsterdam...u cant walk five minutes without a tulip festival popping up in the Spring...they r of course annuals and there is always next year to see them bloom. Perhaps u should hop down to Algarve and present them in person.

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    :confused:

15. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Many plants may enter the United States from foreign countries, provided they meet certain entry requirements. Entry requirements vary by plant, but the following requirements universally apply:

· If you bring back 12 or fewer articles of admissible plants that have no special restrictions, you do not need a permit. Special restrictions may include requirements such as a permit, post-entry quarantine, treatment, or ESA or CITES documentation.
    · Plants must be accompanied by a phytosanitary certificate from the country of origin showing that the plants meet entry requirements for the United States.
    · Plants should be bare rooted (no growing media attached to the roots).
    · You should perform a basic visual inspection of plants. Look for insects or sickly looking plant parts.
    · Wrap plants in damp newspaper or similar material to prevent them from drying out. Roots may be secured in a plastic bag.

Twelve or fewer plants are inspected by CBP at the first port of entry. Thirteen or more plants will be inspected by APHIS personnel at the nearest Plant Inspection Station.

16. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

have you ever tried to bring an orange into california?

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    have you ever tried bringing a coal to newcastle?

you're right that CA allows no traveller to bring fruit into the state, and i bet law10 is on the way back here already to add that the plants you're bringing in may not be bearing fruit, including the kind of fruit we don't consider edible fruit.

18. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    OK the word not was supposed to be in there somewhere ... finger to brain connection not so good.

guignol repped this.