News: Rapids cut 8, including Casey

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by JasonMa, Nov 16, 2012.

1. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I edited my post once I realized my mistake, just not quick enough to do it before you posted. The bit about being able to complete trades between MLS Cup Final and Dec. 6 is interesting too. Makes it sound like, if someone really wants somebody the Rapids are cutting (Casey) they could trade for them rather than waiting for the Re-Entry draft. Doubt that will happen, but still an interesting prospect.

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the same scheduling as last year then.

3. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Looking at the Player Movement Scorecard thread and trying to remember who's been in the league less than 3 years...Julio Cesar would be an interesting option for depth at D-mid and defender. I'm not sure if Josh Gardner counts in the waiver draft portion, considering his MLS experience was split by a stint in the USL, or the re-entry draft, but we do need left back options. And there's this young guy who I doubt anyone here has heard of, but he has a few Nats Caps, and rumor has it his last supporters had a song about how he shaves his bald head...

4. wormhole

wormhole Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Westminster, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heart says parting with Casey sucks.
    Head says a good move - especially if the promise of a DP forward is to be believed.
    History says this move will probably come back to bite at some point. (And we'll never see the promised DP either).

Wonder how much the situation with Casey was dictated by the uncertainty with Mastroeni? From a financial standpoint it would've made more sense to meet Casey in the middle with Pablo's money in the pot.

5. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really weird that players from teams still playing* could possibly be waived and drafted by another team before the finals are even played.

*- Yes, I understand that this years final 4 teams didn't waived anyone, but it would have been possible.o_O

6. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As the article mentions there will be a separate waiver draft for LA and Houston players waived after MLS Cup. DC and Seattle had to waive players before today's deadline.

7. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol- I go straight to lists and don't read anything else. Man, talk about confusing way to do things. So does RSL lose ability to draft anyone from LA or Houston due to selecting player from this draft?

Why not push the whole shebang to first week after MLS cup. It is the KISS principle I prefer.

8. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they use the same list, though FSL may go to the bottom of it.