Rangers 2009 - 2010 thread

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Pedro's greasy do, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  2. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  3. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I don't think so. It's a separate story. Utd are charging fans for the replay of a game that was abandoned. Out of order and I don't think you would see Rangers doing something like that. Anyway I found the video amusing.

4. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8410851.stm

Good result on Saturday for us and even more pleasing was the performance! I’d say that’s the best we’ve played all season. I never thought I’d say this but I’m glad to see Broadfoot back. Whittaker has been poor for a while now.

5. wamba

wamba New Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Layton
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate that I can't use the BBC to follow the team in the united states. When I pull up that link it says "Sorry, this media is not available in your territory."

6. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I've heard rumours that the BBC are going to offer the media abroad at some point. I'm not sure how they can do this to be honest. It will be a question of sorting it out legally and installing one mighty big server...

7. barack_obampot

barack_obampot BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 28, 2009
    Dundee Utd v Rangers

Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League
    Venue: Tannadice Park Date: Tuesday, 15 December Kick-off: 1945 GMT
    Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio Scotland

Dundee United midfield duo Morgaro Gomis and Prince Buaben will be given time to prove their fitness after carrying knocks for the past week.
    Defender Andy Webster is unable to play under the terms of his loan and will be replaced by Darren Dods.
    Rangers remain without goalkeeper Allan McGregor, who is nursing a hamstring injury, with Neil Alexander deputising.
    Kevin Thomson is expected to shake off a strain and Maurice Edu could feature after a lengthy injury lay-off.
    Dundee United (from): Weaver, Dods, Dillon, Watson, Kenneth, Dixon, Kovacevic, McCord, Myrie-Williams, Buaben, Gomis, Conway, S Robertson, D Robertson, Cadamarteri, Goodwillie, Daly, Shala, Casalinuovo, Banks.
    Rangers: (from) Alexander, Whittaker, Broadfoot, Papac, Weir, Davis, Thomson, McCulloch, Bougherra, Novo, Beasley, Edu, Miller, Fleck, Boyd, Lafferty, Naismith, Smith, Little, Wilson, Gallacher.

8. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  9. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It does seem like Rangers have finally found their rhythm.

11. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
  12. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Wow. :eek:

No offence intended, but I didn't think you had these kind of performances in you. Seems I was mistaken. Uncle Walt looks to have let off the defensive shackles and you're scoring for fun.

Obviously it goes without saying that I'm hoping you'll have used them all up by the time the 3rd rolls around but props to the way your club is playing at the minute.

Impressive stuff. And I didn't think I'd ever say that on a Rangers thread.

13. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
    Got a horrible feeling that come Sunday it'll be back to the old 4-5-1 play-not-to-lose-rather-than-to-win style that Walter has become almost notorious for, but I hope not.

Good lord. An articulate, intelligent, and humble Celtic fan.

A rare breed you are indeed. ;)

14. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
    Kris Boyd bagged an incredible five goals to sink Dundee United and surpass Henrik Larsson as the Scottish Premier League's all-time top scorer.
    Boyd tucked away a penalty then powered home a long range thunderbolt before poking in his third on 29 minutes.
    Boyd's strike partner Kenny Miller was sent off early in the second half after Damian Casalinuovo had pulled one back.
    But Steven Whittaker clipped a neat finish, Boyd claimed two more and Madjid Bougherra drilled in a shot.
    Boyd's haul takes him to 160 top flight goals, while the victory propelled the Ibrox side seven points clear at the top of the table going into Sunday's derby with nearest challengers Celtic.
    More to follow...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8431850.stm

What a way to round off the decade. :)

It's not been a great decade for Rangers, what with ra sellick n'at winning more titles than us, severe underachievement in Europe (the UEFA Cup Final and last 16 aside) as well as all the financial malarkey.

But my highlights would be:

The treble in 03, the 6-2 game against Dunfermline at Ibrox to win the league, Barry's winner in the Cup Final, Novo's winning penalty in florence, the UEFA Cup Final even though we were well beaten, beating the yahoos 4-2 at the pigsty, getting through to the last 16 of the CL (which was a minor miracle when you consider our "funds" back then), Helicopter Sunday, the league win in May last year (particularly important as I dread to think how far behind Celtic we'd be, both on and off the park, if we hadn't won the league last year)

I think that covers the major events, other Rangers fans are welcome to add any more :)

Roll on January 3rd :)

15. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

With Miller now being suspended (I think that's correct) then there may be a greater chance of that happening. One up front may be the order of the day. I have a funny feeling Mowbray may set up the same way.

16. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
    The Club can appeal for the decision to be overturned, but I doubt the SFA will hold the disciplinary hearing in time for Sunday.

And it feels wrong to complain after such an emphatic victory, but Lafferty was absolutely woeful once again. I know he's played out of position, but even then he still should have fundamental abilities such as being able to control the ball within four touches, or finding a teammate with a pass.

Gave him the benefit of the doubt but my faith in him gets weaker with every game. He should be nowhere near the squad on Sunday.

Rant over.

17. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Well well well. That was a great result considering the team we put out. It also showed that we really struggle if we don't have a bit of pace and movement up front or on the wings. So we're 7 points clear going into the new year. I'll take that!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8436131.stm

18. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
    Considering the players we had out, at the start of the match I'd have taken a draw and ran. We had several on-form players out of action, and Novo's injury didn't help either.

From that game I can surmise that if we'd have paid £50k for Lafferty we'd have been ripped off, nevermind £3.5m. Absolutely woeful player.

Furthermore, McGeady is a cracking player and I'd be happy to see him leave for Brum, even at £10m as they won't spend that on a replacement and even if they do he won't be as good.

Fortune's "goal" was debatable as it was a 50-50 and in the case of a keeper and an outfield player going for it, the keeper usually gets given more lee-way.

All things considered it was a very good result, although I was worried at how much Celtic dominated the game even though we had several players out.

19. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Fraser is a class act, rare for Big Soccer!

20. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009

http://home.rangersmedia.co.uk/inde...r/1236-sporting-lisbon-look-to-mendes-reports

21. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  22. Rangersfan_1

Rangersfan_1 Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'd happily se his 25k a week wages go tbh. Davis is better as well.

23. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'd be gutted if we sold anyone during the Jan transfer window unless it's for silly money. It's almost like conceding the league.

24. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    You think? I think Davis is good but not as good as the hype he gets.