Rangers 2009 - 2010 thread

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Pedro's greasy do, Jun 17, 2009.

1. barack_obampot

barack_obampot BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 28, 2009
    Unirea Urziceni v Rangers

Champions League Group G
    Venue: Steaua Stadium Date: Wednesday, 4 November 2009 Kick-off: Time 1945 GMT
    Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio Scotland and Sky Sports

Teenager Danny Wilson will keep his place in the centre of Rangers' defence for the Champions League tie against Unirea Urziceni.
    With Madjid Bougherra injured, the 17-year-old, who has played just one full 90 minutes for the club, will partner veteran David Weir at the back.
    Pedro Mendes, Kirk Broadfoot and Maurice Edu are also missing.
    Lee McCulloch has been passed fit after recovering from a thigh strain and may be used in a holding midfield role.
    The versatile McCulloch has been used as a centre-half but manager Walter Smith has kept faith in Wilson, who made his debut at Dundee in the Co-operative Insurance Cup last week.
    He started at Tannadice on Sunday but the Premier League match was abandoned at half time.
    Bruno Fernandez is a doubt for Unirea Urziceni, since the defender is struggling with a hamstring injury.
    Rangers: (from) McGregor, Whittaker, Papac, Weir, McCulloch, Lafferty, Davis, Thomson, Rothen, Novo, Naismith, Miller, Beasley, Smith, Fleck, Boyd, Wilson, Alexander.

2. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Just keep McCulloch off the park! :mad: He has about 2 good moments a season...

3. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  4. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009

Word is that the starting 11 will be:

McGregor

Whittaker Weir Wilson Papac

McCulloch

Naismith Thomson Davis Rothen

Miller​

5. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Not a great game to watch last night but I thought you had done enough to sneak the win but it has to be said it was a great hit for the equaliser. First time I've watched Danny Wilson. If he keeps that sort of form up he'll have a big future in the game.

Not good news though with the crowd trouble at HT. It will be included in the UEFA delegates official report which could spell trouble.

6. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Wilson looks the part so far. He's only 17 though which is very young for a central defender. It will be interesting to see how he handles being dropped when Bougherra is fit again or when he has a dip in from. Nice to see Fleck come on and it's nice to see a player in the Rangers team that plays with their head up and has a nice first touch!

I know he scored but McCulloch is still a useless donkey! Miller is a headless chicken. Tell you what I bet you a few teams will be looking at some of those Romanian players. Some of them look very useful.

As for the crowd trouble. I've no idea what happened. I only saw the small clip at half time of Sky. There's nothing in the press about it down here. I take it the Scottish press will be going to town. I might have a look.

7. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mindless Rangers supporters in a stadium fight? This is totally unexpected!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFoPRRL9Tdo"]YouTube- Rangers Fans In Stadium Fight[/ame]

8. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Mindless idiot that actually likes seeing thing like this? Now that’s totally unexpected!

9. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, you're right. I like seeing inbred loyalist twats make an ass out of themselves so they can get fined by UEFA.

10. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    There's more like minded morons like you on the Edu thread in Yanks abroad. You should go and join them. Toddle off now.

11. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
    Arrogant, narrow-minded Yank trolling other forums?

Well, I never!

12. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009

It seems to me like a fairly minor indicent blown out of proportion, but this kind of thing is the last thing we need. It just gives our critics ammunition.

13. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Opinions are going to vary on this but when the UEFA match delegate asks the stadium announcer to put out a message stating that the game may be abandoned then I think it moves above the minor incident category.

I can understand fan frustrations with stadiums when travelling in Europe. Hell the Olympic stadium in Seville for the UEFA cup final was awful. Terrible for food outlets and toilet facilities and poorly lit staircases when exiting the stadium that could have led to a serious injury to one or more supporters but I can't find any reason good enough to start ripping up seats.

Rangers charged by UEFA

Rangers have been charged with the improper conduct of their supporters following the disturbances during their Champions League tie in Romania.

The Glasgow club's supporters were involved in half-time scuffles at the match against Unirea Urziceni at Ghencea Stadium in Bucharest.

Fans were seen on TV destroying seats and challenging match stewards during the 1-1 draw on Wednesday.

Uefa's control and disciplinary body will deal with the case next Thursday.

14. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're a Rangers supporter, you'd probably find ten reasons.

15. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Another moronic comment from Yank! You’re on a role!

16. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Some interesting stories coming out! Whither they are true or not is another matter.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5h52OHVOOn21MqQvYiEMR2L2Y2-Fg

17. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
    Some pics from a poster on a Rangers forum who was in Bucharest for the game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
  19. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The likes of Govan and Royston don't seem all that bad in comparison, do they?

20. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8341439.stm

I watched the game online. I thought we played ok but I just don’t think we're scoring enough goals. We need to be killing these teams off. Anyway it’s nice to see a couple of young Scottish players that have the basics right. Both Wilson and Fleck have the tools to be very good. Fleck had a really good game and it’s nice to see a player with a really good touch and playing with his head up.
    I’ve given him a really hard time but Beasley looked ok when he came on as well! :eek:

21. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
    I'd give Fleck a start up front from now on.

22. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Agreed. That's his position. Funny what happens when you play a player in their favoured position. Are you listening Walter! :D

Saying that Davis looked alright at right back.

23. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  24. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
    Wouldn't give that odious little shit the time of day.

25. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    He does seem to have some personal issue but I don't that the people that almost want these things to happen are as bad as the ones being idiots.