Rangers 2009 - 2010 thread

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Pedro's greasy do, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    A fitting way to start a new thread for the new season. The new Rangers top.

[​IMG]

Not sure if it’s official or not but I like it. A return to a more traditional top.

2. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  3. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    That does look nice.

4. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I think it's a fake. I mean when do clubs ever release tops the fans like!

5. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  6. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    A fantastic utility player. He definitely should remain as part of your squad and will, with a bit of luck, push for a starting spot this coming season...

7. barack_obampot

barack_obampot BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 28, 2009
    DEAN Furman is stalling on a new deal at Rangers because he fears a lack of first team football.

The former Chelsea kid believes he's ready to become an Ibrox regular in the new campaign - if he is given the chance to impress.

Furman, 21, was a standout on loan at Bradford City last season but Bantams boss Stuart McCall has admitted defeat in his bid to sign him on a permanent deal.

He revealed Furman wants to play at a higher level, with League One club Oldham already waiting in the wings.

Furman said: "I'm out of contract. There's an offer on the table from Rangers but as yet I've not accepted it. So much is up in the air at the moment but hopefully in the next couple of weeks things will become clearer.

"I'm looking at my best option. I absolutely loved my time at Bradford and it was disappointing the last few weeks of the season went downhill after we'd been in the play-off spot for most of the campaign.

"Regular football was the big thing. It was senior football as opposed to reserve outings. It was the next step in my career and it has made me a better player. I want to be somewhere I can get the chance to play every week because the past season has given me a sniff of that level and I've loved it.

"Rangers are a different level but I feel I can handle the pressure of playing in front of 50,000 fans every week.

"My best option is to go where I can get the chance to play and hopefully over the next couple of weeks that can be resolved."

Hmmmm.....I wouldn't have him before our first-choice midfielders, but with Edu and Thomson out for the start of the season, Ferguson off (hopefully), and doubts over whether Mendes may be sold, I hope he accepts the new contract.

I watch the 19s/reserves quite regularly as well, and there are a lot of guys from there who will no doubt be promoted to the first-team, especially as there will be more emphasis on youth due to the fact we are skint. Gregg Wylde (left-back), Daniel Wilson (centre-back), Jamie Ness (midfield), Archie Campbell (forward) and Stephen Stirling (midfield) are the ones who have stood out, and, IMO, deserve a chance in the first team squad. Not as regulars, but they'd be better back-up than the likes of McCulloch...:(

8. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Who would you like to see leave?

My list would be this.

1. Hemdani (gone)
    2. Dailly
    3. McCulloch
    4. Ferguson
    5. Beasley
    6. Velicka

Some I'm not sure about. They might still have something to offer.

1. Adam
    2. Smith

9. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009

Who I'd like to go:

Dailly
    McCulloch
    Ferguson
    Adam
    Smith
    Broadfoot
    Gow
    Naismith (only on loan)

Unsure:

Beasley

Who I want to go, and who goes are two different things. We don't have the luxury of turning down decent money for players, and the rich Premiership clubs bloody well know it :(

10. 52&counting

52&counting New Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    this is just like the england kit but in blue, i dont really like it but i suppose i'll get maself one!!

11. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  12. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Thomson hoping to be back for the start of the season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8126212.stm

I’d like to see him made captain. But maybe next season. He’ll be rusty and if he’s captain he can’t be dropped. I hope he’s the same player. I’m sure he’ll need a month to 6 weeks to get back into the groove as well.

13. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009

Not exactly awe-inspiring, but I suppose the phrase "you get what you pay for" has never been more appropriate than now. :( I'd take Brunt, Tonel and Hutton, but I'd prefer Driver from Hearts to Brunt, and would rather see Wilson promoted than spending £2m or so plus big wages on someone like Tonel. As for Hutton coming back, no chance.

I fear humiliation in the CL; our squad is in severe need of freshening up, and we'll be up against teams with resources Smith can only dream of.

14. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'd take Driver over Brunt. We need an out and out winger and that's what Driver is. I've no idea about Tonel but the fact he's 29 puts me off. I'd love Hutton back but unless he's willing the take a big cut in wages I can't see it happening.

I don't fear humiliation at all. We're only a couple of players away from being a far better team than the one that got to the UEFA cup final. We need to get behind the team though. No fooking negativity from the stands.

15. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
    well when you look at the teams we struggled to beat last season, I don't see how we're going to do well in Europe. I hope we get an "easy" group, and avoid Man Utd, Real et al. I reckon we can compete with the likes of PSV, Ajax, Panathinaikos, Famagusta etc, but if we get one of the big boys then i won't hold my breath.

And I meant comparatively easy, as even the lesser teams in the CL are usually good.

I'd prefer Driver but Romanov values him at £4m, which all but rules Rangers out. I'd rather see Wilson and Wylde (centre-half and left-back respectively) get a chance, than bringing in new players, as they could save us a fortune.

16. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I’d love us to get Madrid to be honest. We should just enjoy the champions league and the money will come in handy.

I reckon we could get away with just adding two players. A left winger and a central defender.

17. Paddster

Paddster New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    i like the pin stripes!

been pretty boring so far, not seen rangers in the papers for weeks!

hope theres no messing about this season. just go and attack and pump the shite thats in this league. champions league, defend like the uefa cup run haha, otherwise, we will get pumped every game i fear.

good to see thomsons fit again, hes much needed!

so whos definetly gone? i know daily and hemdani are away. anyone else?

mon the bears, make it 53!

18. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  19. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
    The longer we last in it, the more TV revenue we get. A club in our financial position should not underestimate that.

Good to see Aaron's completing his loan deal, I think he'll come in useful in Europe.

I also think that Aaron staying more or less confirms the departure of Beasley.

20. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  21. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
  22. suncoastranger

Apr 21, 2009
    Destin, FL
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone who watched him in the group stages at the ConFed Cup this summer has to realize he doesn't have the form to play with Rangers in the foreseeable future.

23. barack_obampot

Feb 28, 2009
    Aaron you mean? :confused:

24. suncoastranger

Apr 21, 2009
    Destin, FL
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beasley...

25. suncoastranger

Apr 21, 2009
    Destin, FL
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I quoted the wrong box on accident... ;)