RailHawks vs Montreal Impact

Discussion in 'North Carolina FC' started by DNorris222, Jun 27, 2011.

1. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was just an idea. Don't count on seeing a miracle.

2. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, kickoff's at 1900. Don't want you guys missing the first half hour...

3. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, longballer: poster paint and butcher paper aren't expensive. The kind of printing that went into the Maltese Falcon sign is not cheap, but if you wanted to knock something together tomorrow before the match, you totally could.

4. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game day. Reportedly some sections are sold out already; I wonder how big a crowd we'll get.

5. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope it doesn't rain.

Just did a quick scan of all the seats available by looking at each section. Looks pretty full except for the corners and behind the goal. Could be a very nice crowd if the rain holds off.

6. railhawksfan

railhawksfan Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    The number was ~4800. Not too shabby. Hopefully, the 2-0 victory will build some new fans. I was a bit worried about Devon playing in the Cb position but for the most part, Rusin earned his pay today along with Knighton who made some really fine saves. I wish Barbara had scored on that 1v1 though. Great game overall!

7. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good crowd. (Did they announce the attendance?) It was really too hot to play tonight. Both teams seemed gassed midway through the second half. Some rain (or wind) might've helped. Barbara had several 1v1 situations but his final touch eluded him. I can't believe Campos (idiot) didn't pass to Steele on the left in the first half. He was wide open while Campos tried to take on 4-5 Impacts all alone. The RailHawks lost some midfield dynamism when Steele went out with an injury.

8. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4690 was the announced attendance.

9. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Solid attendance. Can't help but think they were a little disappointed the fireworks didn't get a bigger crowd though. I know it's baseball which is obviously a bigger draw than soccer but the Fayetteville Swampdogs got over 6k for their July 4th fireworks game and they play in a college summer baseball league and have one of the worst minor league baseball stadiums I've ever been in.

My dad comes to only 1 or 2 games a year with me and it's interesting to hear his thoughts. He loved Matt Watson (who doesn't?) and was pretty impressed with Rusin too (who isn't?). I have no idea how Nurse got away without a yellow card in the first half, he was tackling very hard. You could definitely tell they got tired in the second half, we kind of just went on autopilot to finish out the last 20-30 minutes. 10 wins in a row though :D

And what was up with the weird WRAL interiew session at the end of the game? Kind of awkward and pointless.

10. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What else are you going to do in Fayettenam on a Sunday night?

Dad needs to come to more games. Sounds like a smart fellow.

That kind of gratuitous pandering to the youth soccer crowd (what else could it be?) always makes me cringe. But it comes with the territory. Until we have a mature pro market that can sustain itself without relying on soccer moms/dads, that's the stuff we're going to have live with.

11. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Drive to Cary for a RailHawks game like I did. :D