Rafa's Contract

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by iced1776, Nov 8, 2012.

1. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Does anyone know any actual details of his contract? Are there any clauses in there that allows the team to release him based on a minimum amount of games played or continued disciplinary events? Surely we're not simply stuck with him for another season, right?

2. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt those kind of details would get out there and I honestly doubt that such clauses exist.

Our best hope is that some Mexican team really really wants him and we just let him free.

3. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has to be gone. It's not like he's the "face" of the franchise and it's not like anyone is coming to watch him play.

He's just a major liability and if the new ownership want's to make the true fans happy they will ship his ass to wherever.

adi21 repped this.
  4. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't think it could any worse with him. He actually had a chance for some redemption. But he goes and does this shit. Not to mention that dirty play where his hand went to the face of Pontius. Simply unbelievable.

5. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Wonder if Henry still backs up his statements about how Rafa is the key to the Red Bulls making the final?

6. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was. If he doesn't get sent off, we have a much better chance of making the final. If he then gets subbed off, our chances would have gone up even more!

:mad:

adi21 repped this.
  7. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say we treat him like the fax machine in Office Space

RedBullFootball repped this.
  8. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are paying him a lot of money to make our team worse.

Red Bull fans hate him, U.S. fans hate him, and MLS players hate him.

How long do we have to scream to get this guy the f#ck out of here?

9. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    I am not sure having Rafa on the club is about the the team. Isn't more about marketing? Ehhh Who knows..

10. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Marquez and Miller need to be taken out back of RBA and put down like the mutts they are. Then dump them in the river and move on.

11. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is about marketing.

Problem is I seriously doubt they are getting a return for their investment. The guy hasn't even been on the field to promote their product! And when he is he plays like a 5 year old girl!

He used to be a good player, but presently he's a failure on the soccer side and the marketing side. It was a terrible decision in a history of terrible decisions by Ownership.

12. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As an outsider, Rafa just seems to be an absolute cancer. He's like some grotesque goiter on the neck of an otherwise healthy young man. For the good of the franchise, I really hope they find a way to get rid of him.

13. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The guy sucks and no one wants him here. Not Red Bull fans, not MLS fans, not U.S. fans, not MLS players, NO ONE.

And I'm not certain, but it wouldn't surprise me if a majority of the Red Bull players themselves would like to see him gone. I'm sure Tim Ream wasn't a fan of his...;)

14. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I said it in the MLS N&A thread, I'll say it here, I don't see what the big deal is.... Using the word "blast" in the title is so sensationalist and overdramatic that it makes me want to vomit.

In all seriousness, all he said was that his relationship with the fans was tarnished from the start because of his association with the Mexican team (100% true) and that MLS is in some ways not up to the professional standards of other leagues (also 100% true). He behaved like an ass on plenty of occasions, but nothing he said here should be causing an uproar.

But hey, who am I to get in the way of an anti-Rafa circle jerk.

15. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fans were against him because:

1. He had been a POS for many years. Yes, being on the Mexican national team aided that, but he was just simply a POS. If (for example) LA had gotten a hold of Dos Santos I don't think the U.S. fan reaction would have been bad at all. Why? Because he isn't a POS.

2. His actual play (and lackthereof) was $hit.

MLS isn't a very talented league, but I find it amusing that he has the balls to say that considering he was one of the worst players in the league. Even when he was healthy his play sucked.

16. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    In MLS, you have to run, and that's bad.

17. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "his relationship with the fans was tarnished from the start because of his association with the Mexican team"

Horseshit. (and to think we ruined a perfectly good Biz Markee song on that schmuck)

If he had shown up, kept his head down, and played to near his talent level, everything would have been fine. But instead, that same douchiness that infests his play when adversity hits (aka being down 2-0 to the gringos) for Mexico popped up here as well.

His "Mexicality" had zero to do with how he was welcomed (Please help us win games) and how he was treated (You suck, asshole) . His "Douchiness" once he got here had 100% to do with said reaction.

18. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Yeah, but his C.V. when he arrived was based on the douche performances he gave as captain of the Mexican National Team. Some here acted surprised that what he demonstrated in green came forth here in NY. Some of us felt it was inevitable.