RAFA OUT YESTERDAY ALREADY

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by lobomojo, Nov 26, 2012.

1. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    need a hit the man on the head with a huge hammer button :p :D

2. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    As did I. :sick: But something I'd be willing to try.:laugh::sick:

3. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So the shortlist? Mourinho? Clarke? Moyes? Laudrup?

4. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    RDM is still on the payroll; a mea culpa and a rehire would do wonders for morale, supporters and players not named Torres, and image.

Looks out window does not see pigs flying upside down and backwards over a frozen Stamford Bridge present times game day tundra aka hell....

JT, RA wants rid of him, quickest way to turn sentiments against a man is to make him Chelsea Manager

5. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Can I suggest Petrescu too? Did some good job.

Oh well, given our track record, he'll be AVb mkII. Jose it is, one n only:rolleyes:

6. kmk108

kmk108 Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The 913
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I can't take much more of this fat bastard. I didn't see any of this match, but a draw with BRENTFORD!? And being down 2-1!? FFS, this has to be the worst I've seen since Abramovich took over.

7. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I hope Jose, dont think Moyes will leave everton after a decade+, but i think Laudrup would be great IMO, same with clarkey.

More important question, you guys think Clarkey would even come, considering Romans love for reenactments of the endings of "the Apprentice"

8. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hell, all 4 would be great choices.

I don't feel good about our choices TBH. We were turned down by Guardiola, the one that everyone assumed was going to be the manager next season. We just let go a manager that was loved by the players and the fans because we had a rough run of 4 matches. We just replaced said manager with a shite one and all the shite one has done is lead to 4 times as many shite matches as the one he replaced. I think that Roman went too far this time.

9. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  10. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    My problem with these articles is that they are very much tied in hearsay and conjecture rather than concrete facts and evidence. So a one sentence quote is enough evidence to damn a guy, who far all intents and purposes, is in charge of scouting players. Baffling. It's little wonder that such nonsense sells like hotcakes in Britain. For goodness sake, since Emenalo joined the club Chelsea went to the final of three competitions, one 3 FA Cups, a league title, and a Champions League. He seems to a be the easiest scapegoat of the lot as he has the smallest standing in football terms, however he did not dole out the contract or give the go ahead to sign Benitez. That is up to Gourlay, Buck, and Roman.

11. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    worth noting that the author is a big supporter of SNYCPO

that may explain a few things and I probably should have prepended as such

okocha1 repped this.
  12. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    mshankb repped this.
  13. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  14. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't want to rush this next hire like we did the last.

Not to say that I am happy with FSW (far from it), but no manager worth their salt is going to want to touch the job mid-season.

Nope, best we can hope for is a journeyman type (if Rafa even goes and I have my doubts he will be pushed out) and plan a longer term (ha - what does this even mean anymore, 1 full year?) gaffer in the summer.

Like I said before, I wouldn't be shocked if it were Grant. Well I would be shocked, but not surprised, let me put it like that. The rest of the suggestions, I fear, are just a pipe dream

Still holding out for Jose :)

15. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    I don't care what the contingency plan is. Symbolically, Rafa has to be shown the door now. The current situation has reached the breaking point and I am firmly in favor of hiring anybody not named Rafa Benitez for the position, immediately. The silence from the board, from Buck, from Roman is deafening. How can they put up with this? In what world are these performances acceptable? In purely pragmatic terms, Roman has to be looking at his investments in Oscar and Ramires, two players who are being grossly mismanaged, and thinking that he's going to be looking at a waste of 40 million unless a change is made, because those two are going to want out and I can't blame them. These are two fabulously exciting young players who are being abused and left to rot in positions that don't suit them with no chance for success, because Rafa is too proud and too imbecilic to try anything else. How can the man who paid for them be comfortable with that?

lobomojo repped this.
  16. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    If anything I know about Emenalo it is not about his football knowledge/ability, but that he is a certified Roman bum-licker. During the CL final he was sitting about 3-4 rows below Roman, right after the Drog peno went in he went up from his seat to high-five Roman. Funny thing is Roman at first ignored him to do the same with a person sitting in just the row above. Not making something up but you see such certain characters in your workplace all the time.

The fact we don't really know what the heck Emenalo Tenenbaum etc does & how much weight Piet de Visser carries on behalf of Roman are real headache supporters can have.

17. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  18. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Rafa's favorite shirt:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    FSW has to go today. There are no more excuses. Get him the feck out before we lose the locker room, AGAIN.

RAFA OUT.

21. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    just a reminder

Chelsea Football Club has parted company this morning with Manager Roberto Di Matteo.
    The team's recent performances and results have not been good enough and the owner and the Board felt that a change was necessary now to keep the club moving in the right direction as we head into a vitally important part of the season.
    The club faces a difficult task ahead in qualifying for the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League as well as maintaining a strong challenge for the top of the Premier League while competing in three other cup competitions. Our aim is to remain as competitive as possible and challenge strongly on all fronts.
    The owner and the Board would like to thank Roberto for all he has done for the club since taking over in March. Roberto helped guide us to an historic Champions League victory and a seventh FA Cup. We will never forget the huge contribution he has made to this club's history and he will always be welcome at Stamford Bridge.
    The club will be making an announcement shortly regarding a new first team manager.

feel free to read the bold parts a few times and think about our current Manager and situation

Blue Celery and Kerry Dixon's Boots repped this.
  22. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As much as Grant did not do, at least we made the Champions League final and came in 2nd under him. I don't really care how little he actually did, I would take him at the helm over Rafa in a heartbeat. What drives me crazy, besides the whole losing and drawing games we should always be winning thing, is that commentators and the media seem to hold out that fans are still treating him unfairly. I wouldn't trust this guy driving a car. In Rafa we have finally found another "special" one, but he is surely special for some different reasons

fernb8 and kmk108 repped this.
  23. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    yeah better to do nothing and cause less harm then try to change everything about what was mostly working to please an entitled self absorbed non-scoring twat

also a strong experienced assistant, respected by the players, like Clarke or Wilkens is an under appreciated asset, though with I know and control everything best shit-head rafa that would not matter now anyway

cokeyounut and fernb8 repped this.
  24. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I think Rafa is "special" but not in the Jose way

as lobo points out it is always helpful to have someone like Clarke in case an complete moron is hired as Manager so there is a fallback the players can turn to. This was something I have pointed out and for me is yet another almost unforgivable sin committed by tptb

cokeyounut, Yaroni and lobomojo repped this.
  25. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/2/2/3944934/chelsea-fc-sack-rafa-benitez-poll