Rafa Marquez at FC Energy Drink VOl I

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minnesota FC 518

May 22, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ha why, bc i made a tongue in cheek comment that you and i both know is true? it's not like i'm saying mexico sucks. i'm a supporter of mls and want it to keep growing, i checked out this thread to see what you guys had to say about the captain of your national team joining new york. read what i said in other posts, pretty sure i was complimentary and said marquez is a good player.

2. mexicanmuscletx

mexicanmuscletx New Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Austin
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    torres sucks, their is plenty of american wannabes that are mexican but root for the u.s, and marquez is too good for your league special when one of your teams loose 4-1 to the p.r islanders, thats how we feel.

3. GBNL

GBNL Member+

Jun 1, 2008
    RGV, Texas
  4. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    My favorite Mexican player of all time. He was a hell of a player in his prime. Grateful for everything he did. Have a relaxing time at your new job. Nothing left here, as he won't be around for 2014.

*Unsubs*.

5. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    [​IMG]

"It wasn't him, Charley, it was you. Remember that night in the Garden you came down to my dressing room and you said, "Kid, this ain't your night. We're going for the price on Wilson." You remember that? "This ain't your night"! My night! I coulda taken Wilson apart! So what happens? He gets the title shot outdoors on the ballpark and what do I get? A one-way ticket to Palooka-ville! You was my brother, Charley, you shoulda looked out for me a little bit. You shoulda taken care of me just a little bit so I wouldn't have to take them dives for the short-end money."

"Oh I had some bets down for you. You saw some money."

[​IMG]

"You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Charley."

[​IMG]

6. MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP

MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 9, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Thank you someone who doesn't have their head up their ass,and most of you are acting like some little putitos no tienen huevos o que?stop being mamilas I'll just quote myself from the Transfer rumor thread.....

"Man you people are dumb and selfish at the same time,for all the love you guys claim to have for Rafa most of you are just talking shit instead of wishing him good luck...The way I see it he's won alot more than most people will ever accomplish been in Europe a long ass time,Gets offer from a team in New York (great city like L.A.,London for those with $) His good friend (Henry) is already there..So if I'm Rafa I'm thinking...Good paycheck as a starter in a less demanding league,Top notch city top notch clubs top notch friend= good times,and last but not least think about it he can't play football forever once he gets popular in the U.S (with non Mexicans) Perfume time,en Mexico que chingados iva a vender si lo piratean lol... seriously let's keep it real esta carita el buey I wouldn't be surprised to see him doing Guess billboards or some other crazy shit ,Imagine if he dates one of these famous hoes???anything he would come out with would sell at that point smart move I say."

And might I add I will pay money to go see him even if that means supporting the MLS ******** this BS MLS hate you guys got going a mi me vale verga stop being so damn insecure,cause you do realize you guys look stupid hating on the MLS right?

7. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The United fans forgave Ronaldo for "the wink". Marquez was and is a wonderful player and hes good in my book. There always going to be the bad blood when he puts on the green shirt. Thats how rivalries are.

New York fans are going to love him, other teams fans are going to hate him because as long as he doesn't half-ass it like Beckham did, he'll be very successful. The red cards aren't going to matter. The green shirt wont matter.

He's what? One year removed from being the preferred choice (when healthy) over Gerard Pique?

8. Geotrismegistos

Dec 6, 2006
    Greece
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :(Sad to see this finally happen.I wish him good luck and i hope he rocks the MLS.And lets see what happens.

9. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    QFT.

A lot of you sound like little traumados with your small town mentality. This is a pro that went to Europe and conquered and won everything he could, and you question his decisions? LMFAO.

I can't believe that a lot of you act like prepubescent fanboys instead of using your rational mind. This is a fine move for him and will allow us to follow our favorite players here in the U.S.

10. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    torres sucks balls

he aint no superstar Rafa Marquez.

Rafa going to the mickey mouse league will only energize the Mexicans in the US and next time Mexico plays the nads anywere, they will just pack the stadium once more.

11. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I dont blame rafa for going for the money.

I just wished he had stayed playing competitive futbol a year or 2 more.

its disappointing.

12. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Rafa is only 10 or so games away from reaching 100 appearences with the NT

hope he can stay fit and play at a good level at the MMLS long enough to at reach his 100th game with El Tri

hell, if Temoc did last year i don't see why Rafa can't either when he's younger and much more fit than him at the moment

13. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    I think there seems to be a misunderstanding here. I think most people would kill for an opportunity to live and work comfortably in a city like New York, LA, Miami etc. I don't think anyone here is criticizing Rafa for making that decision, I think it's the decision to play in the MLS when he could have gone to another European team and continue to play at a high level. "But he's won everything" is what others are saying and it is true......although I would have preferred for him to stay in Europe and be called for the Copa America but now that he's in the MLS, I don't want Rafa on the NT unless it's his retirement game.

I think as a fan of the Mexican league it would have been nice for Rafa to retire in Mexico and it would have been nice to see him play in Atlas and end his career where it started.

14. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Relaxing won't help, ask all the Mexicans that have failed in the MLS. Just saying

25 mill for 4 years is a good deal.

15. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    yeah, it's like going from top level city club to playing in a co-ed rec league the next day. the adjustment is a terrible one to make.

16. Citlalli

Citlalli New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Southeast Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree with you!

It's disappointing from a football point of view... but I really think he took his decision thinking of what was his best option for making money and business, and he can't be blamed for that; after all he's won it all in European football already.

17. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    his list of accomplishments is incredible

runner up with Atlas
    league title and league cup in France with Monaco
    4 La Liga titles, 1 copa del rey, 3 spanish super cups, 2 UEFA champions league titles, 1 UEFA super cup, 1 world club cup with Barcelona

with mexico he won the gold cup and confederations cup, as well as runner up in copa america and several 3rd place finishes.

success has followed him everywhere and sadly, i'm sure it will at the red bulls as well. at least within mls

18. Citlalli

Citlalli New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Southeast Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah, I think I get what you mean... it's only disappointing for me as a fan, since I'd have preferred to see my favourite player stay longer in a top european club. But it doesn't matter anymore anyway, it's a sealed deal already :rolleyes: and I think you're right, he's not only a good player, but also quite smart and he'll probably be successful over there too! I'm glad for him even if I don't like him leaving Europe (I'm selfish :D ).

19. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

Jesus

20. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    yeah it's great. a few years ago he shit all over puyol and most defenders in europe.

his performance against chelsea at stamford bridge the season they won the CL still stands as one the best solo efforts i've seen. hell his performances in that entire season were well above puyol's or any other defender. never really got the credit he deserved. the only thing that really eluded him was WC success but he did all that he could do, unfortunately for him he had to deal with the likes of aguirre and lavolpe and conejo and bofo and franco and such.

oh well, at least he'll be able to cuddle with 25 million dollars to keep him warm at night

21. Dos Santos

Dos Santos Member

Jun 9, 2007
    So.Cal
    Its a smart move for Rafa. The past two years he couldnt stay healthy trying to play at a high level. He will be deadly with his FK in the MLS. He has a good team to. Juan Pablo Angel, Henry are going to enjoy Marquez's long balls. Its a smart business move as well. It would have been nice to see him play in Juve for a year, but im kinda glad hes coming to the Mls.

22. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    He still had a couple more years of competitive top-flight football in him.

Oh well.

What's done is done.

23. Of_Wires_And_Birds

Mar 20, 2009
    Edinburg, Texas!
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I took that way out of context hahahaha

24. Minnesota FC 518

May 22, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well here's the villain article, basically a boring fluff piece...

"There's no hiding the fact that the newest member of the New York Red Bulls, Rafael Márquez, has proven a lightning rod for American fans in the burgeoning rivalry between the US and Mexico over the last decade. Márquez is not oblivious to it and knows the reception he receives in MLS stadiums around the country will be a mixed one.
    “It’s going to be good and bad with the Mexican community and people from the USA,” he said. “I don’t think I’m going to be very welcome [by US fans] … but I’m here to be part of the team and to achieve things for the team.”

more here: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/m%C3%A1rquez-looks-go-villain-hero

he also talks about anticipating a call-up for the spain game.

25. sin fatalismo

sin fatalismo Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He should just be honest and say, "look, I'm getting paid son, I'm getting millions. Why would I care about what some MLS fans think about me? No one cares about them. Anyways there's going to be a bunch of these cats paying good money to come to the stadium and admire my beautiful 'long balls.' Yeah, so they can suck on deez nuts... I mean... my beautiful 'long balls.'"

:D