Rafa Marquez at FC Energy Drink VOl I

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. and1football

and1football Member+

Nov 10, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I played high school (american) football for two years. This was in Texas too where HS football is a religion. Every Friday night the atmosphere was crazy, with the stadiums packed with more than 5 or 6 thousand people. I quit because I wanted to play soccer in a city league and I just couldn't do both. So I quit football. The city league was really good but the no atmosphere, games played in the hot sun instead in the night. I would go to the HS football games to watch my team and I missed being on the field. I missed that excitement. What am I trying to say here?

The MLS is going to finish around November and starts in March 2011 again. During that time Rafa is going to be at home watching crucial Champions League matches and arch-rivals going up against each other on tv and he's going to think, I could have been there. He's going to notice that MLS has no atmosphere, that it's difficult to get 20,000 people compared to the 98,000 making chants at Barcelona. That the Concacaf CL or us cup or whatever tournaments can't even compare to the Copa del Rey, let alone the Champions league. He'll probably end up going on loan like Beckham.

Or I could be wrong and he has a wonderful time.:D

2. OG Junglist

OG Junglist Member+

Jul 21, 2005
    El Jebel, CO
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  3. trojanman1user

trojanman1user Member+

Dec 28, 2007
    Rafa's trying to get into Kim Kardashians panties

4. Minnesota FC 518

May 22, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, MLS finally got a villain for the league. Can respect his game, he's a very good player, but he's now automatically got to be the most hated player in the league. And to think, they play Donovan and the LA Galaxy twice towards the end of the season. East Coast-West Coast, USA-Mexico. Gotta love it!

5. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hes a hero to Mexico

6. grrrr

grrrr New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Has anyone considered the possibility that he may be shooting for a Beckham Galaxy - AC Milan kind of deal. I mean, probably he hasn't think about it, but him playing some games for Juve next year could happen.

7. Minnesota FC 518

May 22, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well obviously i know that. i'm just saying he's going to the american league, MLS, where he's currently public enemy no.1 in US Soccer fan's eyes thanks to those two red cards against Jones and Howard. I'm not gonna root for him but I'm glad he's in the league, a quality player who still has a lot of years left in those legs.

8. grrrr

grrrr New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    I would be astonished if the majority of US fans know about those red cards.

9. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Please boo him off the pitch. Make him regret ever going there

10. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    sad that he sold his soul to the devil... ah well, at least i won't give a ******** anymore whenever he injures himself by tripping on the grass.

11. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    i heard 25 mil for 4 years.

12. Rulas

Rulas BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This is ridiculous. He is not stupid. He probably has other reasons for choosing to play in New York, and in the end he chose what he thought was his best option. The guy has captained our MNT and probably opened the door for a lot of our mexican players to play in europe. He probably won't play for el tri in 2014 anyway, so relax and show the guy some support.

13. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    if he is a hero in Mexico, he will be a superstar in the US, dont u know Mexicans pack all the stadiums whenever the US plays vs Mexico? except in columbus of course. he will get an standing ovation when he plays in cali, texas, basically anywere but columbus.

14. texanballer

texanballer Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    new york already played in houston :mad:

15. half_baked

half_baked New Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I read this in an article in the New York Red Bull website. But Im wondering if there are going to present him to the public since he is a big contratacion, you know like the actual arena. Because if that it the case I'm definitely going. Any information?

"Marquez will be unveiled to members of the media at a press conference Tuesday, Aug. 3 at Red Bull Arena at 1:15 PM ET."

16. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Let Rafa make some money.. don't hate.. he is on the end of his career.. and soon he will be coaching Atlas.. you'll see..;) and maybe El Tri 2018??

17. TheDude47

TheDude47 Member+

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I know man but cmon we all get enough crap from the nads already you think having our captain play for an mls team is going to instill some kind of fear into them? On top of that *sigh* well good luck Marquez i do hope you do well but w/e if he's happy thats what counts i guess

18. Minnesota FC 518

May 22, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes i'm quite aware mexican-americans pack the stadiums and root for the country of there parents/grandparents over the country they were born/live in ;). hopefully someday they'll root for the USA instead, but that could be wishful thinking. maybe jose torres (pachuca) can help change the tide with steady play in the red, white, and blue.

19. Minnesota FC 518

May 22, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mmm doubtful. probably doing the same thing they did a few weeks back for henry. basically bring him out into the stadium for the press to take pics. if i remember right henry's wasn't open to the public.

20. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Ex captain.;) since i think he is retiring from el tri.

21. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    LOL @ title.

22. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    Negged

23. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    Mods get this spazzoid outta here.

LGRod repped this.
  24. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    torres sucks.

pass, try again

25. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He isn't causing any problems so as far as I am concerned he stay as long as he wants.