Radamel Falcao Garcia (r)

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by vipnerd, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Radamel Falcao Garcia [R]

Bah, no todo: Ariel Ortega, Augusto Fernandez, y Paulo Ferrari (tres piezas claves) ni van al banco. :(

2. edmundo

edmundo New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    New York
    Re: amistoso: COLOMBIA vs PERU (r)

dude if stats meant everything than rodallega would be considered our best stricker.

JPA also played on one of the best river teams in history, Falcao playes on one of the worst river teams in quite a long time

3. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--
    Re: Radamel Falcao Garcia [R]

Creo que al Burrito lo guardo por que tiene "malestares fisicos"

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2007/09/18/um/01501751.html

4. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--

Dude, you gotta stop imagining things..
    When did i ever say *anything* about Guarin????
    Also, I've never said Gio is the next Pibe.. that is just retarded.. there will never be anyone like him..
    can you find a quote?

I did say that Wason could be as big as Asprilla was in Europe.. which is different than saying he is the "next" Asprilla.. i said this before he even returned to the NT, and after the last two NT games, a lot of people agree with me.

Who is the guy who wanted to keep giving Troncallega a chance and put down Wason because he didn't play good in some cheesy friendly cup?

YOU!

5. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--

Exactly my point.
    I am so sure of my forecasting abilities than i am willing to bet you that Falcao won't be able to best Angel's numbers..
    The future will come, it is unavoidable, that is if Falcao even gets to stay in River as a starter and doesn't get benched or injured.

Now, if you are so sure about Falcao, why don't you put $$ where your posts are? :D

Is it really? i wouldn't be so sure..
    I would like to see a breakdown of the amount of goals Angel scored in his first 30 games.. it wouldn't surprise me if it is close to 10 goals or more..
    which is the same amount Radamel has scored so far..

We are comparing two Colombian strikers playing for the same team, in somewhat similar circumstances.. apples to apples indeed.
    Edmundo said this year's River is a horrible team.. i don't agree.. they are getting really close to Boca and are playing good.

Find the exact amount of goals Angel scored in his first 30 games in River and we will see who is right..

6. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

Dude, who cares? Falcao is gaining tons of respect abroad, on ESPN deportes all they do when they talk about the Argentine's games of River, including tonight's Sudamericana game, they interview Falcao and always give updates on him. They don't even talk about el Kaiser as much as they talk about this kid. What is your obsession with putting Falcao down. In the end, I have a feeling he'll do more for our national team that Angel ever did....

7. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Are you serious? I posted the amount of goals JPA scored in his first two seasons at River (39 games, a sample which is comparable to the 34 Falcao has played) and made the apples to apples comparison a few posts ago and you are totally wrong.

It becomes a non-apples-to-apples comparison when, you start comparing Falcao's data to date with yj777's crystal ball forecast for the next three years. Anyone whose studied a day of statistical analysis or has any common sense can understand that. The only thing you can compare is the sample over similar conditions, and when you look at their numbers at the start of their career Falcao is ahead. I never even argued that Falcao is better than JPA or will do better, I just pointed out that your argument that he's underperformed when compared with Angel at this point in their careers is wrong - and the numbers prove it.

You keep trying to run away from the point talking about bets over arguments I've never made. You made an erroneous statement (that JPA was more successful at the same point in his career as Falcao) and its proven by the exact analysis that you're requesting in this latest post. I don't know if you've noticed it but not a single person on here agrees with you. Accept it.

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    hoy en etrevista RCN-tv con radamel
    dice que le hizo falta el proceso de jugador en un club de colombia, y que de ser posible le hubiera gustado el Millonarios

pero dice que esta contento como esta y su carrera en river
    la prensa de farandula lo comparaba con Kaka....ejemm ejem:rolleyes:

9. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    falcao played an okay game last night he had some passes, what did u guys think?

10. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I thought the entire team played poorly. VERY disconnected. Falcao makes the runs but didnt really get any chances. No midfield for River. Sanchez (Chilean) plays well but holds the ball way too long. The whole point of taking 2 players on is that you're allowing someone to get open. Overall, Falcao was not in the game.

11. JPAcolombia9

JPAcolombia9 Member

Oct 27, 2006
    jugo mas o menos bien pero el resto del equipo estaba pesimo.

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, we'll see how Falcao and the other fowards do when Augusto Fernandez, Ortega, and Ferrari are there to help them out (none of the three played). Rosales will also be back soon, but I don't know if he'll make it for the game vs. Botafogo.

13. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--
    No creo que Falcao haya jugado un partido tan malo, tuvo una de las oportunidades mas claras de River cuando casi la mete de cabeza.
    Falcao es muchisimo mejor que Ruben, o sea por ese lado creo que tiene la titularidad asegurada.

El Chileno Sanchez es bueno, pero esta muy verde.. quiere gambetearse a todo el mundo, definitivamente River no jugo bien.. Boca jugo mucho mejor contra Sao Paolo.. esperemos al partido de vuelta.

Otra cosa..
    Creo que River es duegno de el pase de Arzuaga, y no me extragnaria si Arzuaga terminara en River el proximo agno si continua jugando como lo ha hecho hasta ahora con Rosario Central..

14. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--

One more time.. i am not so sure you "numbers" prove it.
    If we want to do a fair comparison let's compare the EXACT amount of goals both players scored in River in the EXACT amount of games Falcao has played to far...

I believe Falcao has played about 30-33 games.. let's compare those numbers and see who is right..

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    arzuaga is owned by a mexican team but he might have been sold to Rosario def not river. River was going to buy him but then they said he had that knee problem, then he went to boca who said the same shit.... then went to Cruz Azul said the same shit .... so he decided to get surgery in both knees.. and went to Veracruz were he did ok but was real fat so they sent him to argentina were he did well in Goody Cruz and then to Rosario... he said that he had offers from Europe so he might even be the owner of his contract

16. padrino187

padrino187 New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Brescia-Italy
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No River no es el duehno de Arzuaga...
    Arzuaga hace un ahno y medio no recuerdo bien casi tenia ke ir a jugar a Rive en prestamo cn opcion de compra por un anho.
    Estaba todo listo y llego a hacer las pruebas fisicas y para River estaba lesionado...
    Por eso salto todo...
    De ahi se fue a probar a mexico y fue lo mismo era esa lesion de la cual nunca se recuperaba y el mismo tomò la desicion de operarse pagando de su bolsillo la cirugia pq no tenia contrato cn ningun equipo... (eso demuestra cm Arzuaga siempre ha tenido malos agentes o un mal agente)
    Despues de la lesion volvio a jugar a nivel ke hoy lo ha mantenido en Rosario.

17. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Falcao has scored more goals in 34 games than JPA scored in 39. Looking at an earlier (smaller) sample of games from JPA will only make Falcao look better. Falcao could go scoreless in the next five games and still be at an even rate with JPA. Ah math....

18. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--

Sorry bud, not quite..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Pablo_Ángel

JPA = 13 goals in 39 games

http://www.cariverplate.com.ar/tpl.php?cat=es&url=ficha-jugador.php&id=72

Falcao = 10 goals in 34 games

I don't know where you got the info from, but I trust the numbers on the River page.
    Would you care to post a link to where you got your numbers from?
    Depending on how up-to-date the River page is, Falcao has 5 games to score three goals to catch up to JPA, which in all honesty i don't think he will do, considering he's only scored 3 goals this year in 20 games.

19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

the river page is not up to date because at the start of the season it was 10 goals in 30 games.... he has scored 3-4 goals this season not counting friendlies. So He is prob somewere at 14 goals in 39-40 games. THis also doesnt count because Falcao might have played more games than Angel but has he minutes? I dont remember Angel getting Injured while at river.

BUT WHO GIVES A SH!T !!!! This kid is good and is the real deal why do u ahve to put down all out promising players !!! DO u hate Guarin and Pino too ?

This kid just came back from u real bad knee injuries, and is slowly getting his form and confidence back.

I dont care if he scores 10x more than Angel or 10x less with clubs. This kid already has 2 goals for Colombia in 4 games. Angel has 11 in like 40. THIS to me is what matters.

Id take Falcao who is NT ready and scores for his NT over a Angel or Pizzaro type that plays for a big club comes to thier NT and doesnt do anything but take a roster spot.

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

si los consigue dos golees mañana contra tigre...y otroas dos

21. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--

who is putting him down?
    i am just comparing the performance of two different players on a period of time
    is comparing the stats of two players a put down?
    Dude, you have to learn how to properly read and comprehend what other people are writing..

22. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

You are OCDing on comparing his "poor" performance to Angel's "stellar" work. It is your obsession in showing us how bad he has done when compared to Angel that comes off as a "put down". Last time I checked I could easily compare your life to your dad's and maybe start pointing out things that make you a failure compared to his, or maybe not. The point is you are comparing two different generations, with one still having a good 10-12 years left in him, and the other almost retired.

23. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--

Please do not make quotes that were never written.
    I have neither described Falcao's performance as "poor" or Angel's as "stellar". If so, please provide with links to my posts, otherwise please stop making things up.

Comparing statistics from two players in the same team, and a similar number of games IS NOT A PUT DOWN.

In case you didn't know, we are comparing the performance of two similarly aged players when they both started in River, on a similar number of games, which is fair game.

The whole idea that you can't compare statistics because the events didn't happen concurrently is complete nonsense, if that was the case, then actuarial science and insurance companies would not exist!

If you have personal issues with me (which you obviously have) please take them off the forum, because your arguments are totally off base (as usual.)

24. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

You moron of absolute morons, quotations are also used to create emphasis on a subject. Jesus, how stupid are you?

By the way you genius, I am not the only that agrees with your idiotic use of looking into the future to compare players. You are so annoying, I am wondering if you even get laid. And yes, I am insulting you, go try to insult my third year at Columbia Law again and refer to me as an Ambulance chaser, because I could care less what some cheeto eating lard thinks of me in Morris Plains, NJ.

25. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

You never said Falcao was poor, you said he hadn't done as well as JPA at this point in their careers and its categorically wrong. Falcao has scored at a higher rate than JPA did over a similar period and reducing the number of games JPA played before you compare will only increase the advantage Falcao has in comparison.

As Crazy notes above, River Plate's official site is not up to date. I was adding up Falcao's stats in my head (since River hadn't updated for this season), and I was actually short changing the guy! By ESPN's numbers (actualized to include the current season) it's actually 12 goals in 33 starts (an even higher rate than I'd previously used in the analysis): http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/futbol/players/stats?id=67309

And for the millionth time, its actually an analysis that's biased in JPA's favor apriori - he was four years older when he debuted at River, was injury free during his first two seasons there, and had already played professionally at Nacional before he did.