Radamel Falcao Garcia - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Chacal, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el escorpion

el escorpion Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    parce y eso que ya ni las viejas, SOHO se ha hecho hueco a nivel nacional mostrando silicona ventiada, articulos sin ningun valor y una estupidez estrepitosa, dandole credito a un sin fin de personajuchos que representan ese lastre que jamas permitira el progreso cultural de la sociedad colombiana, por ejemplo, la reverencia fastidiosa hacia carolina cruz o diego cadavid, es cada vez mas desagradable. En fin, una absoluta porqueria de pasquin. En cuanto a Falcao, no le considero el mejor 9 del mundo, para mi es el mejor delantero del mundo y Messi es el mejor jugador del mundo.

2. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Very promising first 27 mins by Falcao against Barca....he's had the 2 best chances of the game so far...he's got much more freedom in this game than vs Real Madrid.

3. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    golaaazoooo de Falcao

4. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the lead didn't last long :mad: 1-1

5. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ojo al dato (32 goles en La Liga 2012) ya ha igualado el mejor año goleador de Ronaldo Nazario (con el Madrid 2003)

6. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They were playing well up until they scored, with energy and pressure on barca. After the goal they decided to bunker...

7. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was a supporter of falcao staying with atletico but he needs to leave, that team does not have the talent to compete. He's too good for them...so frustrated & I cant wait for him to leave.

8. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's not how I saw it. I thought Atm actually came out a little bunker and gave Barca the ball in the first 5-10 minutes bracing themselves for an onslaught, but began to see some success pressuring up top. Falcao had two quick opps on counters (the first a terrific header that the post stopped, the second a wasted drag wide right) and then made them pay with the third with an amazing finish.

I thought Atm kept pressing then, but spacing was poor and they sold out on Adriano, think Mario picked Filipe Luis by mistake, leaving him able to set up for his wondergoal. Then they just lost composure and when Busquets scored in the box off the rebound they took a severe emotional hit and never recovered. I saw them pressing the whole game, but didn't feel like they had the confidence to respond.

I'd like Falcao to stay another season, if they make Champions this year and can invest well to prepare for next year, we might really see them competitive with the big two, and the legacy Falcao would leave would be so much more meaningful.

If he goes, maybe he wins a trophy somewhere else and I'll root for him wholeheartedly, but itd be extra special to see him turn around a side...

9. GavoCol

GavoCol Member

May 12, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao se tiene que ir, no se que mas esperan que haga Falcao ahi, no va a ganar nunca ni la Liga ni Champions con el Atletico.

10. 8baller

8baller Member

May 1, 2007
    Very true. Atletico is a small team and they dont have the money what it takes to build a strong team. Arda is probably leaving and he is best they have after Falcao. I just dont want him to waste his best years in a small team. He's just too good for that. I like Atletico but I like Falcao even more.

11. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wait, what? That small team is in second place in one of the most prestigious leagues in the world. They just won two European trophies and are in good place to win entry into CL which would enable them to strengthen their squad further. Importantly, the team has done an amazing PR job showcasing Falcao for the world in the process - sure it helps their interest for resale value, doesn't make it not so - so that his is now a household name in Europe.

The only sides with the money to afford Falcao's price tag are nouveau riche oil funded clubs like Man City and Chelsea or heck Real Madrid - and I'd just point out that none of those teams is above Atletico's current place in their leagues at the moment and are just as unlikely to win a Champions League this year either.

Barca has the best team on the planet by a wide margin and I am surprised that a loss to them (particularly one that Atleti contested quite well in the first half) would cause some of the response here.

Could Falcao move to a 'better' squad? Sure. Does he NEED to? Or is it certain that his career will be better if he does so? Maybe, but its not like his status quo is a disaster, his status quo has elevated him into a world superstar pretty darn fast.

minus repped this.
  12. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ryu Atletico esta alli gracias a Falcao, sin Falcao no fueran el "2ndo equipo de la liga" y mas de alli no van a llegar... Si Falcao estuviera en el Madrid estuviera peleando el liderato de liga, y Falcao le estuviera peleando en goles a Messi.
    Porque lo digo tan seguro? Uno assume que Falcao en un equipo como en el Real Madrid, Falcao tuviera mas opciones frente al arco que las del Atletico, si uno ve la tabla que puse la ves pasada creo que es prueba de ello...

Messi 23 goles y 79 tiros al arco
    Falcao 16 goles y 52 tiros al arco
    Cristiano 13 goles y 108!! tiros al arco

Esa sifra sugiere que el Real Madrid genera bastante futbol pero la efectividas de Cristiano esta por el piso, Falcao puede romer records del mismo Madrid...

Si ya lo puse, jugando pal Atletico rompio el record de mas goles de Ronaldo el Brasilero en un año y Ronaldo jugando pal Madrid...

Uno cuando piensa que Falcao llego al tope el man demuestra que puede dar mas....

colombianballa91 repped this.
  13. MATADOR179

MATADOR179 Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Yo comparto el principio que Falcao teniendo mas ''buenos pases'' podra explotar aun mas su potencial. Si lo hace bien en el Atletico, lo haria mejor en un gran equipo rico.

Casualmente hoy el Madrid jugo sin Higuain, ni Benzema y el Chelsea pierde el mundial de clubes demostrando una fuerte necesidad de un delantero centro.

14. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Atletico are a good team and have done very well not having a massive budget or massive history. I don't think they have enough to compete with the top tier teams in the world consistently but thats not a knock on them, they have the 2 best clubs in the world in La Liga and a lot of debt, tehy aren't going to be able to re-invest to go to the next level unfortunately, its sad but thats world football these days and Falcao at a bigger club will be recognized as he should as a top 5 player in the world and will have the chance to win everything. If Atletico could further invest he should stay, but they can't so he should probably move on to Real or one of the big EPL clubs.

15. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    To be clear, Falcao is already considered one of the top 5 players in the world and the very best at his position. He is already on the 2nd team in Spain and is already scoring at ridiculously high levels. He doesn't need to move to accomplish those things. My point is that he doesn't NEED to go anywhere unless its a truly great fit. He has that luxury now.

You don't need to tell me that he is a more efficient finisher than CR7 or that ATM is where they are because of him - we all know these things, but they don't change the facts that:

A) Barca, irrespective of where Falcao goes, will likely stay the best team on the earth while Messi continues there. His moving to Madrid wouldnt necessarily guarantee a trophy.
    B) Man City, Chelsea, PSG are not any bigger or better clubs than ATM. They don't have bigger fan bases, or more prestige, or more historical titles, or better coaches. They are great teams, but objectively, what makes them more attractive today is money because they have oil oligarchs funding them, but those people can just as easily get bored or act irresponsibly tmrw or make things harder on the team with random decisions (see Chelsea recently).

If Falcao moves, he will continue to improve and will push for titles. But he'll continue to improve and push for titles where he is now too. He doesn't NEED to do anything, he can do what he wants and has earned that right.

pepinointer, dapip and ogopogo repped this.
  16. corazonazul

corazonazul Member

Jun 29, 2007
    canada
    falcao es mucho jugador para ese equipo, la que tiene la mete, messi tampoco pudo hacer mucho pero con ese equipo que tiene, pudo crear mas opciones y tambien gracias a lor errores del atletico... jugadores que se salvan, filipe luiz, juanfran, falcao courtoise (a veces) y arda cuando se le da la gana el resto... sobre todo contando con godin que creo yo que perea era mejor material que aiunque la cagaba, en partidos importantes siempre fue figura no como el cagon de godin

17. MATADOR179

MATADOR179 Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Ryu, no tienes en cuenta los companeros. a Messi a quienes le dicen que el no seria lo mismo sin Xavi y Iniesta detras (verdadero o falso no es el punto). Con Falcao es un poco el contrario, uno cree que su potencial se esta limitando en un equipo pequeno para el. (ATM no es un equipo chico, es relativo. Lo es para Falcao).
    Yo veo eso maticamaticamente. En cantidad y calidad de centros/pases entre Adrian, Koke, Mario suarez y Mata, hazard, Oscar u Ozil, Di maria, Modric. La eleccion es facil. Y despues se completa la ecuacion: Mejores pases = Mas goles, Mas pases = Mas goles.

18. TeSo

TeSo Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I like Atletico because of Falcao; but its sad when they play vs RM or Barca (against Barca, it was better) but still lacking. Still a little bit of difference in class. but that little bit goes a long way.

Unfortunately for Atletico; their debt is ever present, and I think they will sell next season to be able to pay their debt. They will use the money from Champions, they will use Arda's money, Falcao's money.

Its a shame because the fans are great, and their history is great.

19. 8baller

8baller Member

May 1, 2007
    If Atletico could afford to buy couple of world class players to strengthen the team, I'd like Falcao to stay. Its very sad but things will not get any better. The fact that Atletico is 2nd right now doesnt mean anything. The season is long and its probably a matter of time RMA takes the 2nd place. Atletico hasnt won RMA in 20 years, that shows pretty much the difference between the two teams.

Does Falcao have something to lose if he goes? Not in my opinion, maybe a few articles in MARCA but Im not sure its worth it. Of course there is always a risk when you go to a different team, but thats the risk he's going to have to take IF he wants to achieve big things. And the risk is even bigger when you play for one of those rich oil thugs but there are not many good options. Staying at Atletico is not a good one.

Falcao is one of the best strikers in the history of the sport. We have a chance to see a Colombian player become a legend. Its worth taking the risk to move on and people will love (and hate) him no matter where he goes. And I wouldnt worry too much about fans of Atletico, they are not loyal to Falcao, the only loyal fans he's got is us. We will love Falcao no matter how bad he plays or where he plays. Cant say the same about the fans of Atleti.

20. Dwna

Dwna Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dicen que ya lo compro el Chelshit( Sobrenombre cariñoso del Chelsea ) XD (Info segun Pipi Estrada de punto pelota, es decir probablemente habemus humus), no se que tan gran cambio seria, porque aunque el Chelsea tiene grandes jugadores como Mata y Hazard, creadores, juegan a nada y el técnico actual me parece horrible, creo que tienen plantilla pero no técnico, y la Champion pasada la ganaron por estar como los murciélagos(Pegados a los palos), es decir sin mucha ofensiva, no se que tantas chances por partido pueda tener Falcao con ese esquema, si cambian de técnico y Hazard se saca ese halo de pecho-frió pueden ser un gran equipo, Drogba era el alma de ese equipo.......

ps Gran partido de Falcao contra el mejor equipo de los últimos 5 años....

21. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    ryu, I would love for him to say at AM. However, similar to a mortgage payment with high interest, AM can not afford to keep Falcao. Similar to real estate you buy low and sell high. Just happens to be that AM put pretty much all their eggs in one basket. And that basket is laying golden eggs. So you sell to to the highest bidder and at least reap some profit. Now AM will likely be in CL next year, which will earn them more $$, more fan base, more revenue, etc. and still have left money over after Falcao. It's simple math. Then all you do as AM is get Jackson for a cheap 20 EU and the ball starts rolling again. At the very least all those Colombian flags can still be used ;)

22. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

EXACTLY. Name me ONE player that would make the goal Adriano made for AM?

23. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pero supuestamente Rafa Benitez esta temporal, Chelsea esta tratando de contratar a Guardiola, si no pueden el Cholo es la 2nda opcion

24. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Chelsea with Pep + Falcao = Sucess

25. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yo creo que Falcao termina Real Madrid. Fiorentino ya lo es coquetiando demasiado a Falcao. Eso de la servilleta en blanco significando un cheque en blanco lo dice todo.