Radamel Falcao Garcia - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Chacal, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao "Mi empresario en este momento ha sido muy prudente al no hablar de ese tema conmigo (Posibles transferencias), y dejarme jugar estos partidos concentrado (Eliminatoria) , porque no me parece que este sea el momento para opinar de eso. A partir del lunes ya veremos",

2. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    I just hope he does go to an Elite team, the guy deserves it... I just dont want him to end like up JPA who was receiving offers from Arsenal after his 20+ goal season for Villa and decided to stay loyal to the club.

Hopefully he goes to Barca/RM in spain or to any of the top clubs in Italy, not sure if EPL would be a good destination as they have the most grueling schedule and are the most physical0 and Falcao has already has had ACL issues on both knees :cautious:

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Are you serious? Falcao´s career haven't been affected by this injuries ......he have become stronger after that

4. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    That is true he has gotten better skill wise since those injuries but you must remember he is what 26? I dont mean to get all scientific but your Muscle Mass/body regeneration decreases by 20% irreversibly by the time you reach 30, my personal belief is that he will excel in any team on any league i just prefer EPL the least because ACL tears are never fully treated and tend to come back later on in professionals careers ala Ronaldo

5. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bro.... If that was true I should be a bubble of fat and bones by now...:eek:

The most accurate statement is that after 35 the body loses about 1% of muscular mass per year...

Usually a professional athlete peaks physically around 23 and starts to decline around 32. However in todays football, athletes tend to peak between 26 and 29 and after 30 the main issue starts to be less elasticity and longer recovery time.

6. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    That is a fairly inaccurate statement as it is proven that it happens on average around 30 and to some unfortunate people as young as 25, I may have exaggerated a bit when I said 20% but anyway all I was trying to say is that Falcao has already had 2 potentially career changing injuries/surgeries and playing in the most fast paced,physically demanding,ridiculously cluttered schedule cant be a good thing. Brings to mind the statements/injuries that Fernando Torres has had problems dealing with while at Liverpool/Chelsea, gotta say I would love to have a Falcao Chelsea jersey :D

7. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Seriously bro, I find a lot of information on muscle loss and most of it starts at 35 or 40 and at slow rates. The way you posted it it would mean that my age 35 no one would be able to lift a leg. I know that probably for you a 30 y.o. is a fossilized dinosaur but believe me, life is still good after 30 and still bearable after you turn 40.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/what-happens-to-aging-muscles.html

As a result of deterioration, people begin to look, well, flabby as they get older. You may see these changes start as early as your 30s, but most people see the biggest changes between their 40s and 50s.

A recent study concluded that total muscle mass decreases by nearly 50 percent for people between the ages of 20 and 90. On average, people lose about 30 percent of their strength between ages 50 and 70, and another 30 percent of what's left per decade after that. Generally, people lose about 1 percent of their lean muscle mass per year after age 40.

8. JPAcolombia9

JPAcolombia9 Member

Oct 27, 2006
    I just don't get how we can apply this theory of muscle mass decline to an athlete or some one that lifts at the gym. Some of the biggest guys I see at my gym are well into their late 20's mid 30's, even grandpa looking guys haha.

9. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    El empresario es Mendez. Ese tipo es capaz de ponerlo en cualquier lugar.

10. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Also - to correct earlier post, Falcao has only ever injured the ACL on one of his knees - he injured the same knee twice and earlier his achilles or ankle I believe.

11. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    Youre right- I was thinking he injured one knee, recovered, then messed up the other knee. Must have been thinking of Ronaldo o_O

Heres the article about Fernando Torres talking about how physically demanding the EPL is compared to other leagues http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/25/torres-premier-league-injury-worry
    makes me wonder what effect it would have on Falcao and his questionable fitness

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ese torres es una niña hahahaha ............creo que hadexxx conto que no había un jugador pa entrenar mas perezoso y displicente que el

13. hanzellmo

hanzellmo Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Bogota
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Esto de cuando aca?

questionable su aguela mijo, Falcao es un señor profesional y como tal hace todo lo posible para estar a un nivel optimo.

14. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    no estoy diciendo ke tenga malas condiciones (out of shape) guevon, estoy diciendo ke Falcao ha tenido problemas con su rodilla y su resistencia a las lesiones es cuestionable

HijodelAB repped this.
  15. JPAcolombia9

JPAcolombia9 Member

Oct 27, 2006
    I think whats going on with him currently is more about being burnt out after such a long season + playing those bs friendlies in Colombia. But I do see what your tryna say Alonso.

16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I can care less if Falcao plays for Barca, Real Salt Lake or Liga de Quito. HE NEEDS TO START SCORING IN YELLOW !!! Or at least making it easy for our guys to score.

I doubt Falcao will ever have many goals in the NT because how every team marks him. We finally built a team where everyone in the midfield can score so this isn't really a problem because our wingers are two of the top scorers in their teams and Guarin scores tons of goals for a MF.

17. JauncamilVargas

Jun 4, 2012
    Maybe Falcao shouldn't start and come on as a sub to confuse their marking patterns then.

18. HijodelAB

HijodelAB Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Neiva Yumboersey
    ??
    http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radamel_Falcao_García

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hombre no tiene que enseñar la historia....de falcao, alonso entendio a lo que me referia y los demas.
    Viejo estamos en el 2012.....y esa lesion en su carrera no lo ha afectado para nada en sus éxitos en su carrera, cuando muchos decían acá que por ella no iba a triunfar....

20. HijodelAB

HijodelAB Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Neiva Yumboersey
    Eso de que la lesion que tuvo Falcao no le ha afectado es totalmente erroneo.
    1-Ojala no occurra, pero es posible que en el futuro se vuelva a lesionar otra vez en la misma rodilla. Muchos jugadores nunca han sido los mismos despues de lesiones graves, sobre todo cuando se lesionan en el mismo sitio (sobre todo la rodilla)

2-En esos meses que Falcao estuvo inactivo recuperandose de su lesion hubiera podido meter muchos goles, y hubiera podido haber sido transferido mas temprano a Europa, etc, etc.
    Nunca sabremos exactamente que hubiera pasado con el si no se hubiera lesionado, pero con seguridad su presente seria DIFERENTE al de hoy, no necesariamente mejor o peor, pero diferente.

3-No estoy diciendo que su lesion no le permitio triunfar, eso es obvio, pero de que lo afecto, lo afecto.

Alonso#13 repped this.
  21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  22. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    Yesterdays game for Falcao must have been very frustrating....he showed his class every time he got the ball but didnt have anyone to set up with. I just dont get why Pekerman or the NT as a whole reverted to the long ball when Falcao was up top basically playing as a lone striker, would have been better if Jackson Martinez was there to post up and set things up

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We need to play with two strikers !!!! and actually use our midfield

I am not a fan of toque toque but holy shit why can't this team even complete 2 passes without losing the ball

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Chelsea going to offer 20 million for Rondon. Falcao isn't going anywhere he cost too much money