[R] DC United vs CD Guadalajara (Chivas) - 4/3 [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by El Naranja, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    you forgot bravo

I dont follow the mls but what I hear is that Dynamo is a much better team than DC

good luck against pachuca

2. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He didn't play yesterday.....

3. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    "Much better" is a stretch. Of course I think my Dynamo are the best, but any match against DC is a match worth seeing.

4. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Exactly. Saprisa used a similar strategy against Pumas in CCC final, second leg in Mexico City two years ago....and held on. Lost the leg, but won the overall. The Dynamo need to play the first 15 like they have nothing to protect and everything to take...keep Pachuca on the back foot. They're going to come on, however...so Houston needs to leave some in the tank for the final 15. Can't wait for this one, really. Houston did itself well in the first leg and can make the final. Here's to the Dynamo.

5. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    For a change, I can't say the ref sucked in the DC match. He seemed to call a pretty fair game and he let them play physical ball.

This one's all on Troy and he needs to get over it fast if he wants a fresh start this weekend.

6. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    There's 2 schools of thought, and nobody knows which is right: you arrive early and try to get acclimated, or, you arrive right before the game and hopefully you finish the game before the altitude hits you.

Anywho, that's how they've been trying to figure out the Bolivia and Ecuador riddles during S.America qualifying.

7. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repeated for emphasis. Perkins made some nice saves but also cost DC the game on a shot that you punch--not catch--every time.

8. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    what I meant was bravo-medina-bofo is a deadly combo

buena suerte

9. SenorCool

SenorCool Member

Apr 10, 2006
    In a House
    I guess you could say Victory slipped through their fingers!

:D

10. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone else noticed that we have a thread w/ 4 pages about DC/Chivas, but on the DC boards they don't even mention Dynamo/Pachuca? I think that says something positive about the Dynamo fans, and maybe something else about the DC ones. :rolleyes:

11. BobyOne

BobyOne Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a bit of Houston/Pachuca discussion in the post-match thread. Can't blame them though, their game was yesterday and there's still much to talk about. We, on the other hand, don't have much to talk about. It wouldn't surprise me if we see a Houston thread on DC boards today or early tomorrow.

12. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC Mods have really strict rules about the threads created there so I wouldn't think too much of it. DC fans are pulling for us don't worry.

13. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's another reason I like our boards better!!! :D