[R] DC United vs CD Guadalajara (Chivas) - 4/3 [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by El Naranja, Mar 29, 2007.

1. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can probably make the second half. Other folks going?

2. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I should be there for the 2nd half.

3. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Hopefully DC United can beat chivas but i doubt it, its going to be hard for them to beat chivas

4. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be at the Mezz for this.

5. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be rooting for DC but I doubt they can pull it off. Of course, last time they played in Mexico, I thought they had a chance and the lost 5-0 so maybe they'll pull it out this time.

All I can say for sure is that I will be drunk while watching said game.

6. Orange1836

Orange1836 don't believe the hype

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    DCU has been the class of the league since the begining and may just be responsible for it's survival in the early years.
    They are deffinately responsible for this new traditionalist movement. They went traditionalist from the begining and their success spurred change.

Be warned, we're coming for you. The league is no longer in trouble, and we have the base for building a great history and tradtion around the color and the cup. It should be interesting the next few years to see us catch up.

7. EL SANTO

EL SANTO New Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Okay girls.

I'm here in enemy soil and plan to go to the game tomorrow night.:p

8. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    Look forward to firsthand reports about the game, enjoy!

9. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those like myself who don't have FSC, you can listen to the PBP live on www.mlsnet.com . Yeah, the announcer's not all that, but it's something:)

Thus far, 0-0 in the 30th minute of the 1st half...

10. FC Dizzle

FC Dizzle Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    gross out with groin injury... 30 min

11. FC Dizzle

FC Dizzle Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    WOW oh WOW

Moreno bikes it in..

1-0 DC!!!!!

12. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

(BTW, 36th minute in the 1st half)

13. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damnit it's tied 1-1 at the half.

14. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bofo hits back for Chivas :/

15. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    I didn't think DC could hold a one goal lead. They still have a good shot at victory. The trick is to score with 10 minutes left and not give Chivas enough time to get back into it. Easier said than done.

16. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've got to stop letting Chivas get these long counter attacking runs behind the defender. They were lucky on that other break where Chivas had two good shots on the edge of the 18. Other then that DC United is controlling the flow of the game.

17. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That Simms guy needs to be replaced. He gives the ball away too much. Come on Fred. Fred and Emilio make can do it!!

18. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    I have luck sometimes with this link, try tvants or ppstream. You'll 'prolly have to download software.

http://www.j2informationz.com/sports_soccer.htm

19. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Tsk, tsk. Don't play with the ball in the rain. Perkins looked like an U15 keep on that one. Shame.

20. dynamofan

dynamofan Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Houston
    Good showing by DCU, too bad they couldn't pull it off.

But I have to say I was not that impressed with Chivas. They were good, but I expected more. Could easily have been 1-1, and gone into OT.

If the Dynamo can pull off the result Thursday and advance, I like their chances against Chivas based on how Chivas played the two games against DC, and how Chivas has been playing in the Mexican league recently. Pachuca seems to be much more on form than Chivas....

21. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the altitude really got to DC in the second half. They looked pretty dead. That Medina/Bautista combination is scary good.

22. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Final score 2-1 Chivas over DCU. In the second goal, the goalie just didn't handle the ball. Good game from both teams; neither team made it easy for each other. Either way, Chivas face either Pachuca or my favorite city, H-Town.

For those not able to make it to the Mezz, to watch the Dynamo game online, check out www.sopcast.org , download it, and click on Gsports Shanghai. Granted, the game will be in Chinese commentary, but it's a hell of a lot better than FSC:) Also, it's in realtime with good quality feed.

23. BobyOne

BobyOne Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Makes me worried for our Dynamo on Thursday. DC spent 10 days in Guadalajara. We got to Pachuca either yesterday or today and it's 3000ft higher than Guadalajara. Our 2 goal lead will be a challenge to hold on to for 90 mins.

24. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a bad showing by DCU there. The goal by Moreno was ridiculously good. I think it was the first leg that really messed up the series for them. If you put yourself in the position of having to win on the road, it's going to force you to play the near perfect match, which is asking too much.

If Dynamo can just match that effort in their series, it will leave us with a solid chance of going through. I'd be happy if we could just avoid messing up in the first half, and then turn it on in the second when the game opens up. Scoring one more goal somewhere would really help.

25. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Houston's gonna have to go in as if they're tied 0-0 in the series. Go offensive, especially in the 1st half when they know they'll have 100% energy behind them.