Révolution Rouge et Noire - Stade Rennais Thread

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by gary_rb, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Re: Révolution Rouge et Noire - Stade Rennais Thread [R]

[​IMG]

I'm back !

In the wake of Rennes' recent good results and obviously tonight's win against PSG, I post links towards Rennes' local TV for those of you who might be interested.

They obviously talk about the Stade Rennais. Of course, it's all in French but you might be able to catch some Boca images and stuff like what happens in the locker room during and after the game. They are broadcast several times. The interesting thing thing is that they're usually rerun at night (French time)

For the rest, well, it's a local channel...There is an international music (Rock, Pop, Electro) festival at the beginning of December though.

TV Rennes 35

Live channel : http://www.tv-rennes.com/

Programs (sport : Pleine Lucarne ; Rouge et Noir ; Sport 35 ) : http://www.tv-rennes.com/pages/p_emissions.php

VOD : http://www.tv-rennes.com/pages/p_archives.php

2. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i have to amet thatr rennes are maybe the hardest working team in ligue 1 as of now , and maybe the hardest team to beat the season am still waiting for Nice vs Grenoble because of the rain out ,am pretty sure Nice would beat grenoble and Nice would have take the points and went to second place at this time,so over all
    Rennes, nouveau dauphin

3. Carefree 95

Carefree 95 New Member

May 31, 2006
    England
    Sigh. I was at the match last night. Rennes were okay, PSG were poor. With no disrespect to Rennes, I think it's pretty clear that the quality of Ligue 1 is very poor if they are the second best team in the country.

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    being in 2nd right now doesn't make them second best team in the league... and i don't mean because nice has a match in hand.

quality in the absolute is difficult to gauge, but if one of the results of having a "very poor" league is more than 4 clubs with a shot at a prize i'll live with it.

5. Carefree 95

Carefree 95 New Member

May 31, 2006
    England
    'More than 4 clubs with a shot at winning a prize'??? Isn't this the league currently easily topped by 7 times running champions cantering to an 8th title?

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    a very obvious point, but in only two of those years did lyon actually "run away" with the title.

the number of clubs who have claimed direct european spots in these seven years (15) or took second place (6), and the fact that in the decade running from OM's last title to OL's first, TEN different teams were crowned champion, makes my point valid as well.

7. Carefree 95

Carefree 95 New Member

May 31, 2006
    England
    And in the nineties English clubs couldn't compete financialy with Italian and Spanish clubs. The point being that the past 10/15 years has no relevence to what is happening now, where Ligue 1 is the poorest League out of the Big 5 (and debatably worse than Portugal and Holland in terms of competatitve European teams) and only has one team capable of winning the title. Arguably Scotland has a more competative league!

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    you obviously like to argue a good deal more than i do then! ;)

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I dont have anything against Rennes but as a Ligue 1 fan first and foremost, its in our best interest to get the best teams into the Champions League and those are OL, OM, and Bordeaux. If Rennes earn it then fine Ill have to live with it but I full expect OM and Bordeaux to finish ahead of them.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Not only is it the poorest league out of the Big 5 it also has the worst stadiums and worst attendance. Oh well, things can only go up from here.

11. Carefree 95

Carefree 95 New Member

May 31, 2006
    England
    haha, indeed :D

12. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    and poorest (money-wise) of top 5:eek:..... seriously major reform is needed in french football

13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well call me an old curmudgeon, but i think reform is needed elsewhere.

as for stadia, i'll be sad to see OL leave gerland, sorry old s***hole it may be. i was and still am bitter about the giants leaving the 'stick!

as for money, if winning the CL means i can't afford to take my son to the match i'd be just as happy to see OL fight it out with lens and strasbourg for the L2 crown.

there's something beautiful about sport, and about being a supporter, that i'm afraid a lot of people just don't get.

14. Carefree 95

Carefree 95 New Member

May 31, 2006
    England
    I paid 40 euros to see Rennes! :eek:

15. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    What the problem with Rennes ? Rennes are quality and they have great players. I have the feeling that anything is a good reason to whine about L1. I want someone to explain why Rennes are not good and not because they are Rennes or because their players aren't EPL players. Let's stop to consider than any EPL players are better than L1's and stop to look down on players when they are in France and then consider them like amazing players while they are in England.

It's not the spotlight or the name of a player which definite who is a talented player or not. At least, that's not my vision of Football. When I'm seeing Rennes playing they have strenght (M'Bia, Fanni, Mangane, Briand), they have skill (Leroy, Pagis, even Ekolo when he was playing had really interesting performances).

In my opinion, there are 6 teams whose roster is superior to the rest of the League : PSG, Rennes, OM, Bordeaux, OL & Lille.

I understand the frustration if they reach the CL because Leroy & Pagis will still getting older & a few of their best players will certainly join another clubs. Yet, looking down on their current roster is abnormal.

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    ^I agree with everything you said. They are one of the top 6 teams in terms of talent on the roster. I just rather not see them in the Champions League because I think OL, OM, and Bordeaux are better and I wanna see the best make it because they have the best chance of winning. Where ever Rennes finish I will still be supporting them to do well in Europe.

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    but those weren't the cheap seats i imagine, and PSG is a premium match (match gala)... a club has a right to 4 of them per year with increased prices.

i pay 26+15€ to take my cub to see lemans or lille, but the tix for bordeaux were 45+45€ (no U16 reduction). lucky they were freebies, i admit that's not cheap.

but compare to a sunday teammate recently spending over 200€ (pies and ale included) to take his two boys to see... wolverhampton! and on a recent trip to london, i would have had to pay twice that for a chance to behold chelsea or arsenal (to ticket services, not the club i admit) and i saw a scrolling banner at stamford bridge advertising gameday "packages" from £150...

then again, the poussins at ES trinité are free, right in my back yard (almost literally) and i get a kick out of watching them play.

18. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    A win on the road at Sochaux bodes well for the rentrée. I'm always concerned about the start of campaigns at Rennes, it's usually the period of time - summer or winter - where they lose a lot of points.

If they can get a good start in January and February, the end of the season can really be interesting !

The one thing they need to do is to nail those goals in order to seal victories instead of this incredible amount of ties. Yet, Rennes has not been too hot for this January mercato. I heard about Dindane. Why not. I think he played with Thomert at Lens, did he ? Once Olivier is fit that may be efficient in offence.

I'm a bit disappointed about the way Wiltord's career is ending. I guess you can't have two bosses in the locker room...There's not a great deal of people to like Rennes' coach but as a person for good or wrong reasons, he's not the kind of guy who immediately inspires sympathy either but given the solid results he's been getting, his position seems pretty safe now. bah, if he brings us the Champions League, he'll be the nicest guy in town...

19. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ils jouent au ballon rond, vive la Bretagne !

Ils jouent au ballon rond, vive les Bretons !

:p

A 100% Breton final for the Coupe de France is nice but we MUST NOT lose against Guingamp, or face eternal humiliation from our peasant neighbours from Le 22 (and living on the coast, the "border" isn't far at all !).

:D

;)

20. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Holding breath

21. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Antonetti is the new Rennes coach.

Mouais...

Given the fact that Lacombe was out of favour with the Breton club mostly because of his relationship with the Pinault maf...family, I wonder how it's gonna unfold at the SRFC given Antonetti's - let say - temperamental nature...

22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the waltz of the managers is particularly strange this year. now if lacombe signs at valenciennes, baup at nice, PLG at lille, garcia at monaco and ricardo at rennes it will go down as the biggest circlejerk in the history of football.

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Right but thats not happening though. LeGuen signed with Lille and Lacombe with Monaco but thats it.

24. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Rennes has now an American and a Japanese player, how many clubs can say so ? :cool:

Hey ! Antonetti is one of the best coachs of Ligue 1, and tell me about Lacombe's temperament...

25. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes, I heard that Inamoto will be there on local TV. Good thing for the media if you see what I mean...

That was my point...It did not end that well...