Questions for John Guppy, version 1.0

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Dr. Wankler, Apr 11, 2005.

1. It's not to late for Guppy to give the job back to Wilt.

2. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the effigy one was a lot better...and so did about 7 others according to my rep history. :)

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Here here!! Give the job back to Wilt and you will become very popular here in Chicago Guppy.

4. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Maybe we should change the name of this thread to "Questions for Dave Feely" and start off with: Man, why gotta be hatin' on us like that? If there really was an official problem with previous posts on this thread, someone should have asked us to stop it... to prove that no one was actually going to firebomb John Guppy. I mean, we might not be able to self-police these boards as effectively as we self-police Section 8, but I'm just saying.

Also, I have this rare condition where everything is fine until I see a plainclothes security officer... when I see one of those, I just start to panic, totally lose control of the situation and immediately bull-rush the nearest corporate authority figure. We're lucky nothing happened the other day... but I almost feel like someone should have cleared the security detail with the fans ahead of time, just to avoid an unintentional situation like that.

Feely: I got my eyes on you baby.

5. CelticPark

CelticPark Member

May 26, 2003
    best...thread...ever.

6. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    Don't Post Here You'll Go To Jail!!!1

Internet!

7. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I clicked on the Anarchists Legion of Chaos forum link and wound up here..my bad.

Guppy rembers all to well what happened to him back in England the last time he crossed the supporters
    [​IMG]

8. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Good point. But it is possible.

And I got suspended from high school for making phoney phone calls to the librarian, so you never know when someone will take something the wrong way.

9. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Which cheek do you want me to burn first?
    Just a sec...
    What...
    Mine?
    Why would I want to burn my own cheek?
    Oh!
    OK...I'm gonna turn your cheek so hard...I'm...
    What?
    My cheek?
    How's that gonna hurt him?!?
    Well what's the...
    Oh...
    That's a stupid phrase...

Just go die in a fire.

10. Soccer&Sinatra

Soccer&Sinatra Red Card

Jan 13, 2005

Great. Well then can they come and get me if I said I want to put

John Guppys balls in a window sill of a steel window frame and slam it down to make sure this style of corporate AEG lemming does not reproduce?

Frankie

11. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Security detail?

What a bunch of ********ing cowards. :D

12. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Any chance of Guppy being involved in a "luggage mishap" on 5/28 ?

13. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    A Challenge to Mr. Feely

That is it! I've had it up to here. I officially challenge David Feely to a duel

.... of words!

That's right. Me and Feely will debate an issue from any of the following subjects: current events, international politics, chicago soccer, group sociology, fan behavior, crowd control or beer tasting.

Before a panel of 5 impartial fan-judges at the next home game, each contestant will have a 3 minute introduction, 5 minute presentation, 5 minute rebuttal and 3 minute conclusion. No help from the audience, no interruptions, no remorse. The loser will forever have to live with the shame of being mentally outmatched by yours truly (that's right Dave, I think we all know the reason you've been avoiding this debate duel for so long is that there's no way you can hold a candle to my refined thought processes). ... also, the loser gets groin slapped by the winner.

With the internet as my witnesses, I officially present this challenge. Feely-- if ye be man enough to enter mental combat with the greatest, then step forward. If not, then may you forever live in the cold shadow of emasculated shame.

14. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    You know what, you are correct. So I'll just say this:

John Guppy, I know in my heart that you are a tool. We would appreciate it if you would get on a plane, and fly right back to the swamp that you came from.

15. Fun with Acid

Fun with Acid New Member

Mar 12, 2004
    Lake Kinkaid
    I am not sure what I think is more funny

1. that people other than us nerds read big soccer or....

2. that anyone would be scared of being hit with a rubber dick?

This guy needs to come hang out with us at England v. USA and just chill out.

16. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    John,

Rubber dicks?

17. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Well, it might just be my upbringing in a blue-collar downstate town, but I think I'm scared of being hit with a rubber dick as well. Seriously, it doesn't sound the least bit appealing.

It would be a great chance to show that he actually knows and cares about soccer, and hasn't built his career by fooling bizzos with his English accent, which is what a lot of fans seem to suspect.

18. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I heard that the English accent actually comes from a voicebox he keeps under his coat. Guppy actually functions sort of like a ventriliquist puppet. And you know why? Because when he uses his real voice, John "al-Sadr" Guppy is only able to speak in radical Islamic proverbs.

Feely! The debate is on.

19. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad Guppy doesn't want to speak directly to us.

20. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Actually I kind of like it this way. Everyone is blowing off steam here... so when we're all out of verbal missiles to hurl, we'll be exhausted and ready to just move on with the season.

21. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe he thought he needed security. We are know the original American soccer hooligans! we've come a long way baby!

22. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You know what this experience probably just taught someone? If nothing else, they apparently will continue to listen to threats... even if they are idle threats propogated by internet message boards where not many people are serious

... unless they're talking about a public debate. In which case I am serious.

23. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    i heard that he is actually fetus size and is attached to an interpreter (Total Recall style) he listens to hassan on headphones all the time and video conferences all of his meetings with various clerics and the Ayatollah. He used to be on khomeini's speed dial in the 80s.

oh course for visual reference this is roughly what i believe the actual john guppy to look like
    [​IMG]

24. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or this. . .well, the photo post didn't work well. Can anyone walk me through how to do that? I've never managed to figure it out. No, I'm not John Guppy.

25. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    A friend and I were just talking about this thread. There's some great stuff here.

LocoGueroFutobolista and bunge repped this.