Questions for John Guppy, version 1.0

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Dr. Wankler, Apr 11, 2005.

1. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Outsider here, not trolling, but if you are going to do a 8 minute silent protest before this weeks game, why don't you continue it for every game?

2. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    Re: the suggestion that we commit some sort of on-going silent protest -

So, you're suggesting we harbor a secret agenda, expect him to read our minds, and then pout and throw fits when he doesn't? I don't know anything about Guppy's personal life, but I was assuming he already has a wife.

As an alternative, let's select representation and meet with him to clarify what we love and fear losing. If he ignores us then at least he can't claim a misunderstanding.

3. VfB Feuerwehr

VfB Feuerwehr New Member

Feb 28, 2005
    In the Cube-Forest
    Right-on. Direct dialog is the best option here. I'm sure PW can help facilitate that happening. See Guppy's true colors and then judge if you want.

4. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    This has already been arranged.

5. TakeItBack

TakeItBack New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    A direct dialogue is a good course to persue. However, I also think that just staging a protest once, and a minor one at that, means ********, especially if we're afraid to take risks changing how we operate. Yes, eliminating the atmosphere will effect the team, but it is exactly that, only permanently, that we're trying to prevent. Getting the players themselves to voice an opinion can only help. Not to get delusions of grandeur, but, in a sense, we'd be showing the players what they stand to lose in our stake.

As far as indicating to AEG and Guppy exaclty what were on about...here would be my ideal situation: A silent (talk amongst yourselves of course, but no chanting, etc) Section 8 through the course of the entire game with a single banner in the front of the section proclaiming our dislike for the recent events. Then, say at the 60th minute, one single phrase ("Peter Wilt" or "AEG Eats Koala Babies" or "Guppy Is Missing A Testicle," you get the idea) shouted in unison. Then quiet again. Message relayed, surprising and attention getting delivery, hard to forget. You know, that marketing and ad stuff Guppy is so good at.

I just think something should be done beyond a one-off fashionably late.

6. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana
    We're getting off topic here. This should be questions for our new resident.

John, the Daily Herald said that at your last job your responsibilities included corporate sponsorships, ticket sales, marketing, advertising and broadcasting.

1. Can you tell me the name of the corporate sponsor on the Metros' jerseys this year?

2. Last year, the Fire had their worst season ever and we averaged 17,153 tickets sold per game. Last year, in the nation's largest market you averaged 17,195. That's not a big difference, is it?

3. "MPF"? What marketing plans did you reject before deciding on that one?

4. Do you have pictures of the MPF ads in your portfolio? I bet they're on the internet somewhere. Do you need me to find some for you?

5. In the first two months of this season, there is only one Fire game that isn't being televised. Can you tell me where that game is being played?

Looking forward to your answers. Thanks.

7. LUDs Flag

LUDs Flag New Member

Sep 22, 2002
    Chicago

Bingo. The die-hard soccer fan isn't their target audience. They want to attract the suburban soccer family - not the supporters clubs. AEG would be happy to replace Section 8s chants and songs with canned "ole, ole, ole"s in a Metro minute.

8. LUDs Flag

LUDs Flag New Member

Sep 22, 2002
    Chicago
    I almost forgot... this thread is supposed to be questions for the Gup' man.

Will you resign now?

Now?

Please, give us our Peter back.

No? You suck.

9. VfB Feuerwehr

VfB Feuerwehr New Member

Feb 28, 2005
    In the Cube-Forest
    I think it's fine to go OT here, since there is no indication that Guppy will be answering these questions anytime soon.

I don't think I've even seen Peter post since last week. Poor guy probably knows better then to mix hard alcohol and BS.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well we know that this thread has been read by Fire Officials.

Guppy do yourself a favor and either start posting here to get to know us, or quit. You will not be accepted cause we know what a tool you are. You sucked at Metrostars and we do not want you screwing up this team. Please do not sign any Lothar Ma. or other players like him.

11. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    :D

12. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    and from a moderator... for shame :D

13. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Well... now that law enforcement is involved, as the thread starter I should come clean: I'm not really a Dr., and I don't live in appalachia... but rather a commune in Joliet. Yeah... that's it, Joliet.

14. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Not to be a tool, buy folks should be careful about what they put in writing.

15. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    As long as it's comments that won't involve the Secret Service, no worries here :)

16. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    The police can supeona your ISP to identify who was using a given IP address at a given time (which is information you create at BigSoccer by posting). We had a robbery in my office, and found stollen computers this way.

17. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Really? You're kidding???? OMG! No!

18. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you really want this guy to even consider posting here once in a while then perhaps this abortion of a thread needs to go.

Posting here would be out of charecter for AEG men anyway but ....you guys are not exaclty inviting discussion here.

As for the security I think he has mistaken Fire fans for real hooligans.

19. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    As for onionsack, I think you've mistaken this forum for something other than the Chicago Fire.

20. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    You are all being watched.

Assimilate or be destroyed.

21. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well you can look at that article in a positive way, at least your voices are being heard. Now maybe if he would listen maybe you guys can get somewhere with him. Keep it up guys, it was quite a scene to watch this past Saturday.

22. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana
    Doesn't the Chicago Police Department have bigger fish to fry (no offense intended, Guppy) than tracking down people who engage in smack talk on bigsoccer?

On the off chance that it needs to be said to our new resident, while I did ask "Why don't you go die now?", it was in the same spirit of gentle internet joshing around in which we invite the supporters of other teams to go die in a fire. To the best of my knowledge, nobody has ever actually died in a fire as a result of one of those posts. :rolleyes: This scary internet man won't hurt you.

23. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or he could maybe find a sense of humor and some balls?

Instead of hiring security (a complete hysterical reaction), he could have posted a simple "hey everyone. i know you're upset, but we're gong to make this work. i respect you blah blah blah".

and then ********ed us behind our backs. but rather than that, he created a chasm between himself and the supporters -- exhibiting the very lack of judgment we've been concerned with.

24. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    hahahaha this is awaesome