Question on Fort growth

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by RevsSeasonTix, Dec 19, 2012.

1. shanary

shanary Member

Aug 18, 2008
    BOSTON
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There has been the last 2 or 3 years, the last one had a small attendance due to previous versions regurgitating the same BS get no where answers. When you hear the same answers to everything (sometimes verbatim) and nothing changes it makes it even harder to take the FO and these events seriously. There is very little trust and very little respect from a large number of the fans towards the FO and it feels like it goes both ways. Tom said get someone named "Kraft" there, and I agree. One of them shows up to the STH event but gets lobbed softball questions. The growth of this team can be driven by the supporters culture and they should hear what we have to say, interact wtih us.

Unfortunately this animosity has been building for many years and there cannot and will not be any sort of quick change. The culture of the FO and it's attitudes, treatment and style of dealing with us needs to change, however I don't think the FO has any idea of this, or they don't take it seriously.

I have never felt that the FO takes the supporters seriously, it really feels like they treat us like children, and you know what maybe we do but it's not for our lack of trying to be treated well. We act they way we're treated because nothing else gets us anywhere.

We can be part of what drives this team to success, but the tank is on empty and the FO doesn't have any gas money.

2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marcus, a few years ago, the supporter's brought and chucked out some streamers. There was a great picture of the Red Bull goalie walking away from his net after we had just scored, streamers hanging off his feet.

The Revs FO asked to meet with the Riders board (the only organized supporter's group at the time, nothing against the Rev Army intended) and we went in. We were told politely how we shouldn't have thrown streamers, etc etc. The door to the conference room we were in at Gillette Stadium opened up, and Jonathan Kraft walked in. He apologized for being in the wrong room, but asked what the discussion was about. When told about the streamers, he immediately said he had absolutely loved that moment, and his kids had laughed about it. And just like that ... streamers were OK.

So that's what this comes down to for me, because it tells you all you need to know. The Krafts can get anything done they want to ... but first, they have to be involved. The FO can make all the promises they want, but they mean nothing until we KNOW the Krafts are OK with it.

3. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    you mean the supporters group that is paid by the team to not complain and to pretend that everything is great?

RevsFanDan and shanary repped this.
  4. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, what group is that?

5. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The one that lurks on twitter and pounces on anyone who complains about kraft, stadium, the team sucking etc...

RevsFanDan and shanary repped this.
  6. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Even if a Kraft attends meeting, people will find some reason to complain.

Bob Kraft attends every Patriots game, and some people just won't be happy until he demonstrates that same commitment to the Revs.

7. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems like you don't really understand why people were complaining in the first place. It's sort of like the 12 step program, first you need to admit there's a problem. Having a Kraft attend face to face meetings with supporters is an opportunity for the owners to first acknowledge theres a problem with the way things are down. When they understand the issues more clearly, they can take the appropriate action to improve it.

RevsFanDan and Crooked repped this.
  8. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Good

9. shanary

shanary Member

Aug 18, 2008
    BOSTON
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    let's be honest there is a group that is seriously a corporate schill of the FO, has a backstory of FO involvement if you hear the right story from the right people, takes in membership dues and has no leadership structure or accountability to their members.

My group has no leadership structure but we also don't ask for any money from our membership.

RevsFanDan repped this.
  10. shanary

shanary Member

Aug 18, 2008
    BOSTON
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    let's be honest there is a group that is seriously a corporate schill of the FO, has a backstory of FO involvement if you hear the right story from the right people, takes in membership dues and has no leadership structure or accountability to their members.

My group has no leadership structure but we also don't ask for any money from our membership

11. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not what you told me, your highness. ;)

12. shanary

shanary Member

Aug 18, 2008
    BOSTON
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Monty I appalled that you as a moderator would straight out lie and try to discredit another poster. I believe that you should recuse yourself from your moderatorship immediately. ;)

patfan1 repped this.
  13. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How horribly wrong you are!

I for one, could care less that Bobbo Krafty ever attends a Revs game! He makes his presence known once in a blue moon to get his photo op..and "talk" to Jay Heaps! About what, I HAVE NO FREAKING CLUE! He needs to care enough so that he can talk a good game with his brown nosing a-hole friends in the Boston Sports Media. He needs to start treating the team as a real Professional Club!
    I so wished to God that Sepp "Bladder" had looked into the camera during the Al Jazeera interview and pinpointed an example of MLS failure and called out KRAPATHY's team as that example!

Bob to Jay: Hey Jason, can you guys take it easy on the turf? Try not to mound up the little rubber balls in the turf in any one place..Tom was complaining that he almost turned an ankle! By the way, Where's Shirley?

nsa and Crooked repped this.
  14. TheLincolnKing

Dec 15, 2011
    ATL
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was a first year member of said group this year, and there are a lot of nice people involved, but they certainly don't live up to the namesake! I chose the group because I thought, based on their name, and the story I was told, that they would be the ones on the forefront of button pushing toward the FO, and stopping all the nonsense, taking support tot he next level, etc. But this is definitely not the case. They are an extremely cozy and sunny bunch. I still feel homeless in the Fort.

RevsFanDan and Crooked repped this.
  15. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2013 Initiatives to grow the supporters groups:

1) I suggest adding bacon to everything grilled at the 2013 tailgates. I recommend Hartman's sausages which can be purchased at Wegmans.
    2) An increased selection of micro brews ( I need someone to score some Hill Farmstead for me)

I guarantee supporter growth , in their waistlines at the bare minimum, with the aforementioned measures

;)

RevsFanDan and patfan1 repped this.
  16. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sir, I left the Midnight Riders because of many factors. I totally hear ya! Perhaps, I'm not cut out to be a Cheerleader that blindly follows a group that can't dish out a little hurt when needed!

Sure, I'm not going to boo a team that loses 1 or 10 games for no reason. At some point sitting idly in the Morgue or Fort and simply clapping at booming kicks or standing only when we score, IMO, is a complacent way to support a team. GRANTED, someone wants to go to a sporting event and sit calmly and watch, then power to you!
    There is no etched in stone way to view sporting events.

But, if and when I do attend ANY games this year, I'll gladly stand with you! =)

17. TheLincolnKing

Dec 15, 2011
    ATL
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am actually a member of The Rebellion, because I thought with the Riders being the older more entrenched group, that it would be very difficult to get anyone to listen to my ideas because as a new active supporter people would argue that I hadn't paid adequate dues / suffering /season tix to deserve a voice. I think I misjudged that a bit. Unfortunately, (or fortunately!) I had to stop attending games at Gillette mid season around June due to professional and educational commitments, but after a year, Im really torn between the two groups. I have had the opportunity to meet a ton of great people in both, but I think my expectations were a little too high on what the groups wanted to do in terms of recruitment and expansion. I was always told to stop swearing in the fort too, which I found ridiculous.

RevsFanDan repped this.
  18. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's because MLS in general is Hypocritical!

They supposedly want a strong supporter's culture of young, vocal and musically adept fans..but as in the case of the Revs. They cater and want pink hats and their brats! Most likely, because they probably spend more money. IMO

And have given these trigger happy mothers a text number to report anyone saying the words ass, piss ..etc..etc! =)

19. TheLincolnKing

Dec 15, 2011
    ATL
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously?

20. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To report rowdy behavior and foul language..I think.

Anyone knows otherwise please correct me. But, I think that was the reason for the TXT number directly to TeamOps.

21. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The availability of a text number to report inappropriate conduct has become standard at the sporting events that I have attended.

22. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed.

23. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Obviously we don't want this league to turn into Serie A, but honestly, that is stupid.

24. shanary

shanary Member

Aug 18, 2008
    BOSTON
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The text line also has potential to be amusing... not that I know from experience or anything...

Kraft Out and patfan1 repped this.
  25. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    damn, I might have to txt from my couch next year :)