Question about the 2015 WWC

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by YankBastard, Jul 22, 2011.

1. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    No, it would also be a problem for Finland, Iceland and to lesser extend Denmark

That no one else need it isn't a problem since the start of it Iceland and Finland have increased in talent enough that it would be possible to run it on just the Nordic teams if needed.

And where did I I write about hosting?
    I was writing about participating, And since Sweden and Norway so far failed to qualify for WWC or the UEFA Womens Championship they most likely would.
    And you brought up this as a point to run WWC and Euros the same year.
    That would force Nordic/Scandinavian countries (yes in this case mostly Sweden and Norway since there reat rarely qualiffy for WWC) to either:
    1) drop out of international competition
    2) cancel the dometic leuage
    3) run the leuge parallell to the international competition (which is totally stupid from a soprting view and not wise from an economic one)

I seen trough your suggestion as it is nothing than a dirty cheating way to decrease the competition.

The soutermost part of Canada (where above 95% to 99% of the Canadians live) is at the same latitude as Northern France. Which if you didn't know it is a BIT south of Scandinavia

2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Where did I do that ? Thats just wrong.

I was referring to this year. Where it obviously was possible to have two Mens competitions(the Gold Cup in the US, the Copa America) and the WWC in Germany. When the first was over the second just started. In my scenario I proposed to hold the WWC every two years and the only other competition it would affect in the rhythm of 2015, 2017 ... are these other Cups I wrote above. Do you wanna tell me that the Gold Cup, the Copa America, or the Confed Cup(which all are Mens competitions and where no Nordic team is (likely ;-) to participate.) endangers Scandinavian Womens soccer ??? Hope you got now.
    Again. I was looking beyond Womens soccer own nose. I was talking about holding two competitions for example in 2017, when we have the Mens(!!!!!) Confedcup in Russia and my proposed WWC: one Mens and one Womens Cup a summer. The aim is to hold Womens competitions without colliding with Mens competitions to draw the best media interest to get. I say it makes sense cause it was possible this year 2011.

Yeah, indeed, everybody here has seen that this whole concept to increase competition and professionalism in Womens soccer is JUST a hidden way to kick out our main rivals from the North, we are so absurdly afraid of. ;)
    Nice to see the reactions here if one forgot the ;) :D or *ironic mode out*.

3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but we do not get the Atlantic warm drift in North America, so our winters are colder than winters in comparable European (Western) winters.

But Canada 2015 will be a great World Cup IMO.

Rain would be the biggest problem.

4. intoronto1125

intoronto1125 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I doubt Japan bids for the 2019 World Cup. The Rugby World Cup will be held there. Maybe a return to Europe or Africa?

5. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most likely, but hey Australia? South Africa? Korea?

Soudi Arabia :p

6. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    my vote goes to Australia to host the 2019 WWC.

7. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My hope is that an African or Southamerican country would be able to host the 2019 WWC.

8. EUROlympics

EUROlympics New Member

May 5, 2011
    Club:
    Røa IL Oslo
    a for the climate debate of Norway and Sweden, here is a thought:

why not build some roofs on stadiums.

the population here is not that big....

and winter roof stadiums would surely help the womens football to develop further.

one of the WWC could take place in winter.

like this: july2015
    next: january 2017..norway-sweden (and from the ticket revenues we would build roofs)
    july 2019 japan
    january 2021 Zealand (new zealand wont be called "New" any more.)
    july 2023 russia - they have mens wc 5 years before
    february 2025-brazil, same time with the carneval:D
    july 2027 India - they need to deveop
    january 2029 South Africa
    july 2031 Silicone California (by that time, no longer US)
    january 2033 the year of the world war 3, lot of men killed, so womens football becomes stronger than men!
    january 2035 Chinese Siberia
    july 2037 on the Moon - cyber space coverage, the first world cup in low gravity!
    2039 ivason of the earth by Aliens who got jealous of humans migrating into space
    january 2041 Antarctica - since the global warming progress, antarctica is a warm place, but there are no more humans there....that year, it wont be called any more Womens World Cup....so that one will be cancelled due to no teams and no fans.

9. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    yank bastard suits you like a glove

10. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you. [​IMG]

11. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha ... I had to quote your message just to learn your trick of embedding a non-smiley.

I foresee some fun with this feature ...

12. chinadaiyi

chinadaiyi Member

Sep 11, 2008
    China
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    what about Zimbabwe ?:D

13. intoronto1125

intoronto1125 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Halifax is out and Ottawa's stadium is being delayed leaving 5 venues. Toronto might be "begged to join" I always wonder why this tournament can't be held in late August/early September.

Anyone know the actual dates being proposed?

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Because the worlds richest and most organised confederation (UEFA) wouldn't be happy with it, that's why.

15. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Couldn't they use one of the CFL stadiums in Hamilton, Regina, or Calgary if they are desperate?

16. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    FIFA runs cups with five to nine host cities. Canada's process is only cities which submitted bids (and application fees) to the national association at the required stages are eligible. Toronto is already ineligible. Ottawa is positioning to be a key city. It's all formalized and announced tomorrow.

17. bythesea

bythesea Member

May 27, 2005
  18. intoronto1125

intoronto1125 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Regina's stadium is a mess no chance. Calgary as well. Both are looking to be replaced. Hamilton will be busy with the 2015 Pan American Games (which is a trial run for future Olympic bid for Toronto).

19. intoronto1125

intoronto1125 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Didn't the 2003 WC happen during that time frame? Some u17 and u20 world cups to where teams release players happen then as well, women's world cup wouldn't be too big of an issue.

Guadalajara staged both the Pan American Games and a FIFA event all in the same year, and I don't see why Toronto could not have done the same. Its disappointing, but the Pan American Games are a trial run for a future Olympics, and I rather have the Olympics the biggest sporting event in the world over the Women's world cup. I also wonder why Toronto didn't put itself out for consideration for the 2014 FIFA u20 women's world cup.

Anyone, know if Canada will bid for a future FIFA event? What is left? The u17's in 2017/19/21.

20. intoronto1125

intoronto1125 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    The World Cup will be in June so cutting it close for Toronto/Hamilton

21. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I thought Hamilton was just going to be hosting some soccer games at the stadium. It shouldn't be too much of a conflict to have some of the early WC games in Hamilton before the PanAm games start. I guess the same thing could be said about BMO Field in Toronto though.

22. intoronto1125

intoronto1125 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Considering the event is in June, virtually impossible. PASO (Pan American Sports Organization) has a rule where the Pan American Games can't be supplanted by another event 3 months prior or after. -.-

23. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    I wonder if any matches will be in the snow.
    It has snowed before in Canada in June.

What are the exact dates in June that this World Cup will be held?
    I'm assuming this tournament will be 4 weeks long (instead of the usual 3 weeks before), due to the expansion to 24 teams instead of 16. It'll take longer to play out all the group matches, and it will take longer to play out the knockout round, due to the addition of the extra round (which starts with the round of 16 now in the knockout phase, where as before it started with the Quarterfinal).

In total, there will be 52 matches at the WWC (group plus knockout combined), instead of 32 (which was the norm before). The tournament will have to start in early June, to be over by June 30.

In early June, it can snow in Canada (it has before).

I can't wait to see Brazil vs. Italy in the snow, in their first group match.
    Would be an entertaining group match.
    Australia vs. Mexico will also be an entertaining match in the snow.

Here's one of the stadiums they'll be playing in.

[​IMG]

2015 WWC - CANADA
    [​IMG]

24. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    How exactly is holding an event in the same stadium 1 month prior supplanting an event? It's not by the definition of the word. And even if they meant no events at all could be held in the chosen venues 3 months prior or after then there's no way that they could use Rogers Center, BMO Field, or Air Canada Center for the PanAm games as that would mean all three would have to be empty from April through October (except for the PanAm games).

25. intoronto1125

intoronto1125 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    That is the same words PASO used in their contract they signed with TO2015. Something major, that potentially can attract sponsors, over the 2015 Games.

@WPS movement It won't snow in Canada in June. Highly unlikely. Please stop with it.