Question about Champions League Semi

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by SS2006, Mar 23, 2014.

1. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    Good Evening! I had a quick question

How is the home/away team determined? Me and my friends will be in Barcelona April 25 to May 3rd (missing out on the Getafe home game :(, but I feel that will be rescheduled because of CL anyways)

I see that April 29/30 there is a potential game. Is Barcleona going to be the home team that day, since they are going to be the home team first vs. Atletico? Or is it determined in the April 11 draw

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2014/matches/

Thanks!

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the Semifinal home clubs for each leg are determined by the April 11 draw. Why do you think the Getafe game will be postponed? Last season Barcelona played weekend La Liga-midweek Champions League Semifinal Leg 1-weekend La Liga-midweek Champions League Semifinal Leg 2-weekend La Liga with 5 games in 16 days.

SS2006 repped this.
  3. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Venues for Champions semifinals will be determined by draw.

The Getafe match is the weekend after the CL semifinal second leg (no chance of it getting moved) and the only question about the game is whether it will be on Saturday the 3rd or Sunday the 4th. (Very very slim chance it would be on Friday the 2nd).

So first things first: Hope Barca can get by Atletico.

SS2006 repped this.
  4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Speaking of re-scheduling, Barca v Bilbao is pencilled in for Wed, 7 May instead of 19/20 April. Same goes LPB's match. I assume it has something to do with European play and CdR final. So no match for Barca and/or LPB that weekend if they are still in the CL.

5. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    Thank you gentle men
    So i guess my only hope is that Barcelona beats Atletico and plays at home April 29/30
    Or that Getafe game is Friday May 2nd (but that is a slim chance? never knew they play fridays)
    At worst I'll have to go watch them away to Villareal

6. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Barca has played one match on a Friday this season: Home against Espanyol on November 1.
    And the LFP has continued (on and off) to schedule one Liga match on a Friday.
    So there's a chance but (imo) a very slim one.