Post-match: Quakes Vs Dcu 5/2

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by pwave, May 3, 2012.

1. oofinalheavenoo

Oct 30, 2006
    Daly City, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, we are in first place. Wondo for MVP!

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whereas we were in first place of the Western Conference last week, now we're in first place of the whole league (hopefully for longer than this upcoming weekend ;))!

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    That's my take.

5. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know. My Crystal Ball is out for polishing.

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Repped! Lenhart is on fire. To think some of us on this board doubted his ability and skills! He is just an incredible force out there along with Wondo, this two can go far. I'd love to see them both on the national team but hopefully only if they suspend the MLS season as I would miss them on the Quakes. Good for them & the rest of the Quakes as they seem to be playing like all stars!

Go Quakes!

7. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yeah, he doesn't play the same as the rest of the team. There is a Dawkins/Stephenson/Baca/Corrales/Morrow/Beitashour style of short movements and quick passing and Moreno is noticeably different. Sometimes it kind of works as a change-up, and it pulls defenders out so he can pass through them, but sometimes if he got off a pass or through ball a step sooner it really would have been better.

But it doesn't matter. Earthquakes dominated. I care less than zero that DC scored three (as in I'm happy they scored because I pitied them so much). San Jose could spot the other side 10 goals and you'd never think they were out of it. They are rolling. Everyone played well. Coach of the year.

8. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    We (or at least I) didn't doubt that. Clearly he did it last season. It just seemed this year he'd rather be a hockey enforcer than a soccer forward. But Yallop straightened him out last week.

Coach of the year.

falvo repped this.
  9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Repped! To think some of us on this board doubted Yallop! LOL! ;)

10. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly...No one doubted his ability.

11. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    And all it took was the promise of a steak dinner. Who would have guessed?

12. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    Any word on why Lenny was standing at midfield for the last 5 minutes, not chasing anything? Is he hurt? Bruce Morgan bolted to his side at the final whistle...

Or was he just discussing menu options with FY?

FUAEG repped this.
  13. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He looked hurt. Legs, probably hamstring. :(

14. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rams looked hurt too after Najar fouled him. Najar got a yellow, but I couldn't tell what happened from my vantage point.

15. no pain

no pain Member

Sep 20, 2005
    A very entertaining match to watch. Hope they can keep this up. Still a long way to go.
    Does anyone know who the 4th official was on the side? Was it Salazar (who did the Redbulls game)?

16. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Have I mentioned that I ********ing hate the "new and improved" Bigsoccer? :mad:

markmcf8 repped this.
  17. juanito1028

juanito1028 Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Oakland
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game ..... great crowd with great energy (especially for a wednesday).
    Anytime we get scored on 3 times is a bad thing.
    If its against a potent DC side ..... its somewhat forgiving.
    But to have a team that can put 5 on the board in response is quite a thing.
    In years past that was a 1-3 loss (with the goal coming from Wondo)
    It was mentioned, but the team has a really great vibe right not. Someone mentioned the pre-game hugging, but its more than that.
    There was a serious love-fest after every goal ...... I mean I know goal celebrations are typically a time to jump up and down/slap hands and be happy. But these guys are really happy for one another. Is that just me picking up on that?

18. DasMoots

DasMoots Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    + 1 on this. what wondo says to lenny after each goal i don't know but it's definately working....these guys are the avengers (wondo's captain america, lenny's thor, el muma is the hulk, khari's ironman). who can do a mash up with their faces on these characters!

on an aside we walked passed el muma on the way out as he was hanging out with some fans near our section. first off he's huge and the sooner we get him back the better. despite the fantastic win giving up 3 goals isn't good but like someone said if we score 5 who really cares!

go quakes!

19. ColinMcCarthy

ColinMcCarthy Member+

Apr 2, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I missed this whole steak dinner thing. Can someone explain?

20. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yes.

21. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    At one point, Lenny was slammed to the ground. He was flat on his back for a long time. It was one of those happened-in-front-of-the-ref/no call incidents. And as I said earlier, when was the last time he went 90 minutes?

When Ramiro went out/Ike in, Lenny went over to the coaches and talked for a minute. He just seemed completely zapped. I would guess we do not see him starting on Saturday.

22. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I won't even try to find it given that I'm still stumbling around this forum, but apparently Lenny promised Frank he would manage not to get a yellow card for 3 games, and there's a steak dinner to seal the deal. So far, he's made it through two, and if he gets through the next one without a yellow, the league will lop off one of his cards so he'll only have accumulated three. Plus he gets the steak.

ColinMcCarthy repped this.
  23. DasMoots

DasMoots Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    no steak dinner for frank & beckerman is leading the league in yellows by the way...take that rsl fans!

24. vjle

vjle Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Salazar was at the game and was not the AR on new grandstand side.

25. hardcorrwin

hardcorrwin Member

Aug 6, 2010
    NM
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not that it really mattered - his first was a ripper - but it sure looked on the last replay from behind the goal that the rebound off the cross bar bounced off Lenhart's upper inside left arm and in. But from the angle in front of the goal it looked like he kneed it in, which is the angle the ref would have seen, and the RA was on the opposite side of the field so he would have seen it that way too.