QtrFinal1: Sounders vs RSL

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Yoshou, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Disappointed.

And our pitch looked ridiculous.

2. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look at what y'all were booing: Rimando's Instagram
    http://instagram.com/p/RjkyzUqY5U/

3. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After staff came out on the pitch to work on Rimando it should have been enough reason for Sounders fans to show some class and stop booing. guess not!

4. guelch27

guelch27 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bremerton
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rimando has a reputation as a time waster. We saw his tactics to waste time when your team won the MLS Cup at our stadium, and most of us were rooting for your guys. The rest of your team too was having "injuries" during their last game here to waste time. I didn't boo Rimando cuz I think it's classless and you can't see exactly what went down when you're on the opposite side of the field (which is where my seats were) and it didn't look that hard in the stadium. They never showed a replay of the contact in the stadium, but I'm just saying that people are not always honest when they go down in these games. (cough)Espindola(cough)

5. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man... You RSL fans are a bunch of whiny bitches aren't you? Seriously, go back to your forum and suck your little baby thumbs there. If I see another little girl come over here to cry about how mean the big ole Sounders fans were to poor, innocent little Rimando, I'm dropping the hammer on them. Sheesh.

6. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    How dare you Yoshou! this is a tragedy of the highest order! Booing an opposing keeper; there is no greater crime. Think of the children!...think of the children!

BalanceUT repped this.
  7. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope so. I hope they ALL start taking them. If any group needs performance enhancement, it's MLS referees.

EAB206BLUES repped this.
  8. Vander Decken IX

Feb 13, 2011
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    LOL. REALLY? Are you trying to use BS.com as a money grabbing machine?
    Next time, try to use a link that doesn't involve ads.
    You're lucky we no longer have neg reps.

9. Jonny Bishop

Jonny Bishop Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh No! I hope they don't have to amputate! :cry:

On a serious note, is it too much to hope you'll keep your self-righteous sense of victimization in your own forum?

10. Vander Decken IX

Feb 13, 2011
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    You know you're not supposed to boo the opposing team's player. When they're hurt, it hurts a lot and there are times that the player would cry a lot. You should cheer them on instead. It gives them confidence boost.

Oh, wait... Are we talking about a U9 game here?

11. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, it is too much to hope for. :D

12. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad someone over here understands. Thank you!

13. Jonny Bishop

Jonny Bishop Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then, in the absence of neg-rep, I'll just pray that you and yours die in a fire.

14. EAB206BLUES

EAB206BLUES Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rimando had one hell of a match there is no denying that, man was on top form. Gspurning didn't do too bar either but Rimando was the best player out there on that pitch last night, glad to see he was alright too cuz it looked pretty nasty when it happened.

I wasn't really too thrilled with the Sounders performance last night sure we didn't lose technically but it sure felt like it maybe just because of our ill playoff performances on the past. The boys will give it their all once again in the second and hopefully things go our way. Now I am sorry but I thought Tiffert was terrible last night if Rimando was the star Tiffert had to be the flop of the match (though there are also a couple other candidates so he's not alone). I just haven't found this guy worthy of the DP tag he holds and outside of a few decent matches he's had I really haven't found him that impressive. I'm not giving up on him or anything mainly because I have to take into account several factors so If he's around next season it could be different but thus far I haven't been too keen on him and thought he had a terrible match last night just my personal opinion.

15. JoeCelt

JoeCelt Member+

Jul 7, 2012
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  16. Brazbit

Brazbit BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 1, 2009
    Manchester, WA (USA)
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The incident as seen from my seats...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Given the frame rate of my camera (6.5 fps) this happened in about half a second. Only saw the impact by going back to the camera and looking at the stills and the benefit of the 135mm telephoto lens. In real time I saw no appreciable impact. Looked like a glancing blow at most. Had it been just about any other impact than nose to elbow it would have been inconsequential.

Yoshou repped this.
  17. guelch27

guelch27 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bremerton
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It truly didn't look serious at the game, and even in the photos doesn't look that bad. He obviously got hit just right by that, but looking through the RSL board someone actually gave Tiffert a hard time for keeping his elbow down. I don't get that. He pretty obviously was following the ball and not trying to take a shot at Rimando. Some people need to remove their claret colored glasses.

18. Brazbit

Brazbit BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 1, 2009
    Manchester, WA (USA)
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rimando was coming out as fast as he could. Tiffert was coming in as fast as he could. Both had eyes only for the ball. Nothing malicious.

Even after the impact Tiffert's eyes never left the ball. I'm pretty sure he was just as surprised as anyone how bad that ended up being.

19. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree absolutely nothing malicious by Tiffert, booing Rimando for taking his sweetass time in taking a goal kick and using other goalkeeper tested ways of waisting time should be booed. But when any player is down being treated maybe its time to think about the player's (Seattle or RSL) health and stop booing.

guelch27 repped this.
  20. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it is time for you to graduate out of diapers because all I'm hearing is waaaaaahhhhh.

RHMCW repped this.
  21. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really no waaaahh here, remember the score last night.

22. Jonny Bishop

Jonny Bishop Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gee whiz, thanks for the lecture, dad! We really appreciate you taking the time to stop in and let us all know how we should behave. Now run along back to the RSL boards and ya'll can give each other big high fives for moral superiority!

23. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet, here you are, whining. Seriously, trundle back to your forum and enjoy the scoreline. If you post here again about Rimando being booed, you're getting an infraction. Last warning.

24. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually disagree with people complaining about booing Rimando. Yeah, it turned out to be a pretty rough hit. But even watching the replay on TV, I thought it didn't look like a bad collision, and I wasn't the only one. It wasn't until they showed just the right camera angle (and then the blood on Rimando's gloves) that all of us collectively went "Oh, shit." Had I been in the stands and seen the opposing keeper go down like that, I'd have assumed he was faking or at best milking a minor injury, not cradling a broken nose and lacerated eyebrow. And in response, I'd have yelled at him to stop being a pussy.

Rimando's not a diver--he has the usual goalkeeper time wasting tactics, but what keeper doesn't?--but I don't assume most Seattle fans watch him play enough to know that.

edwardgr, dmain and guelch27 repped this.
  25. Vander Decken IX

Feb 13, 2011
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    At first I thought that SoundersFC posters are the worst trolls in BS.com. You just proved me wrong.